91 yr old aunt out of covid ward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Aunt Joyce, middle of surviving aunts/uncles, has been moved from covid wing of nursing wing back to her regular rehab wing.
    She never had much in the way of symptoms and her son ( my cousin a tad younger than me) had it worse than Aunt Joyce. He’s back at work now.
    Covid is real but not quite the death sentence they claim.
    God Bless us all!!

Glad she made it through. My wife’s grandmother in her 80’s had it and never missed a beat.

Comment

Yeah! Good to hear Mike!

Comment

Glad to hear this.

Comment

good news.....................

Comment

You just can’t keep those seasoned citizens down. I guarantee you they have survived worse.
            Prayers she stays healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 87 yr old Father & 86 yr old Mother both had it and are doing fine. Dad was delusional for a couple of days but no traditional symptoms. Mom has some Dementia so can't tell if she is delusional. Main fact is no respiratory problems at all. My 64 yr old brother had it 2 months ago and had a much worse time for a week than my parents have.

Comment

Great news. Hoping and praying for full recovery.

Comment

Good to hear! My 87 year old grandma with COPD made it. She was certainly very sick but she pulled through.

Comment

I'm glad it all worked out for them, some are not so lucky and there's no explanation yet on why it hits some really hard. My daughter has lost a few patients in their 30's and had some in their silver years survive. She mostly only see's the worst of them because of her position, she was the only practitioner in Texas testing the Lilly therapeutic drug that just got approved for use on high risk patients. She was in the blind so wasn't sure how well it was working at the time but it must've been working.

Comment

Glad tp hear you Aunt is doing well.

Comment

Glad she made it WCB.

Hoping my 75 yo Dad can say the same and be as flippant about it not being a death sentence as he battles pneumonia caused by it in the hospital right now.

I know one thing.. he said it’s no joke for him. Worst he’s ever been sick in 75 years and he’s had it for two weeks so far. Before somebody showed up with it at my cousin’s ranch, he was still running his dock construction business and guiding hunters at that south Texas ranch so he was very active and rarely ever sick.

Comment

Good news, on your behalf. We have lost two elderly neighbors due to it. And a friend of ours is going through it now, younger but very sick. Some aren’t as lucky as others I guess.
                          Last edited by critter69; 12-02-2020, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Glad to hear she recovered

My SIL's father died from it. Her mother caught it and got sick but recovered. My Boss lost both in-laws to it. My brother's family all had it and had mild-to-no symptoms. Its a game of Russian Roulette where you have 1 bullet in a very large revolver

Comment

Working...
                            X