No announcement yet.

TAKE THE SHOT or NOT? - #17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuco, that is a really ugly situation. Real high chance of sticking a broadhead in the bone, and of course you know this or would not have posted the pic. There is a very slight chance one could slide the arrow right behind the point of the shoulder and do Okay, but on my hunt, I would have to hope like above. He will stop and check that other buck, or, if he is a known repeat customer wait for another day.

Comment

I would be curious to hear if not having him on camera or seen before changes the decision for the ones saying no?
      Ears are on alert but if he was focused on a doe I believe I would take that shot at 17 yards.

Comment

NOPE..pass

Comment

Nope. I will wait for my next opportunity.

Comment

negative

first i'd mow . . . . just me

second i dont' like the slight quarter to me, i'm gonna mess with more guts then i like. Not only 1/4 to but he's also bent in a c shape . . . i've shot that before and didn't like the result.

three I've enough patience to wait him out for a chip shot

Comment

i really like heavy tine deer . . . they don't score what they really look like but i really like when the mass goes up the tines.

Comment

No, wrong angle and to much grass

Comment

I would probably wait and hope as he took a couple steps he would look back at the other buck and offer a better angle. I would hate to let it walk but I would hate to wound it even more.

Comment

Nope

Comment

No, I'd wait. Plus, unless you're already drawn I'd bet he'd pick up your movement and alert. Either way, wait. JMO.

Comment

nope

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                          I bet is as he walks off he's going to check the buck behind him and pause for a moment. When he does I'd let it fly , if not then let him walk he'll be back.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                          I've seen a many of good bucks that only showed up once. Heck last year my wife had a big 8 that we had no pictures of and was his only appearance all year.

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Bow ....Nope.... Gun?...what is that?..

No wonder tracking dogs are getting so popular...
                          Haha!!! That is too funny, and true.

Comment

Nope!

Bisch

Comment

No -- quartering to, plus, grass obscuring impact spot.

By the way, pretty sure you meant that he's fixing to exit stage right, which would be the direction he is turning back to look at.

Comment

last two bucks I had pause the exact opposite direction, maybe even a little harder towards. Such a bummer. I was in a tree both times however.

I took the shot and missed the first one and waited for a better shot on the second and missed.

wish i knew how to drill one in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X