No announcement yet.

Another colonoscopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 39 have had 4 since my mid 20's. My dad had stage 4 colon cancer at the age of 49. Ever single time they have removed numerous polyps with at least 1 or 2 being precancerous.

Had I never gone I'd probably already be growing colon cancer and not known it yet.

Life it too shot. Do it if you have any concerns or family history. Your children and grandchild will be thankful to have you around in the future.

Comment

My first is Thanksgiving week.

Comment

My doctor just had me do the Cologuard. It was way easier than the real thing but hope it works just as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very glad you got it early. I'm turning 50 and am scheduling mine. I'm gonna have to get my wife to sign a document saying she won't video the gas purging and laughing that is sure to happen afterwards.

Comment

I got mine kinda accidently. Had internal as well as external hemis, doc thought as long as I have to do internal why give you a colonoscopy as well. He found 3 polyps, removed benign but had inconsistences. That's when I was 42. They changed the prep since then so it is not as bad. I actually would prefer the first but that's me.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Just had my 3rd one done Tuesday. I am 60. Not that big of a deal, but I could have kept a dozen minnows alive for a month with the air I had in me.

Comment

I'm guilty. About to turn 67 and never had one.

Comment

Glad you were benign. Hope your recovery is fast and complete.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                      My doctor just had me do the Cologuard. It was way easier than the real thing but hope it works just as well.

It doesn't but better than not doing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                        I'm guilty. About to turn 67 and never had one.

Going to change that?

Comment

Another great reminder.. glad it was all benign man!

Colorguard does not remove polyps .. regular or precancerous. Just a heads up if your doctor offers that. My wife did the colorguard at doctor ….gut doctor said she needed a colonscopy at her age (50). Found and removed 5 polyps. Colorguard was just an added expense for us. Some insurances won’t let you do both a colorguard and colonscopy in the same year .. you have to pay for one or the other. Just keep that in mind

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Going to change that?

I'm thinking about it. My hold up is my wife just had one. I assure you, her being a retired nurse, went exactly by the book, yet the Doc said she did not clean out. He had horrible bedside manners. Complete and a total *******. To answer the question. I'm thinking about it but not with my wife's doc.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                              Just like Jason said PLEASE GET ONE

Last year I had a little dull pain on my high left side that would come and go. With covid and all that last year I just put it off. Told my doctor about it during my yearly check up in March. He wanted me to do the one thing I didn’t want to do a colonoscopy. I’m only 47 and I dreaded the prep so I continued to put it off. Well after a firm talk from my wife I got it done early September. Took pills for my prep, and whole process was simple. They found a very large mass in my colon that needed surgery. Last week they removed 12” of my colon and a mass the size of a lemon. Been home recovering and had my follow up yesterday, everything was benign!! Thank you lord Doctor said it could have been a lot worse if I would have kept putting it off.
                              So please if you are 45(recommended now) PLEASE PLEASE go get your colonoscopy ASAP!!!
                              So glad you got it done.

I have one every year. Super high risk group. The prep used to be hard, no doubt. Now they have the pills you take and just drink water. A little girl could get it done.
                              Last edited by SJP51; 10-15-2021, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                                I'm thinking about it. My hold up is my wife just had one. I assure you, her being a retired nurse, went exactly by the book, yet the Doc said she did not clean out. He had horrible bedside manners. Complete and a total *******. To answer the question. I'm thinking about it but not with my wife's doc.
                                Please dont put it off. I was pretty anxious about the whole thing but in reality it was a piece of cake with the prep and the procedure. I got a clean bill of health and peace of mind. Colon cancer doesnt run in my family but other colon issues do.

Comment

Working...
                                X