Tent camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
    My Daughter and I camped opening weekend.
    [ATTACH]1066003[/ATTACH]
    I have a 10x10 tent that goes under a ez up canopy. Fast to put up and plenty of room. I need to get another ez up for shade when sitting around.
    I'm not to worried about hog getting at me in the tent but cows might tear camp up. Glad we dont have cows to contind with.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
    lol Mick Dodge.

Comment

Tent cot

Comment

I have several setups. A tarp and bug bivy has been my go to setup the last few years. Age is catching up with me and I have a harder time getting out of the bug bivy so will probably go back to the hammock. The only place I experienced an encounter with hogs while sleeping was in Richland Creek campground. I was set up in a hammock and they were all around. I was too tired to worry about it so I just went back to sleep.

Comment

I stayed in a tent this last weekend with my brother in the SHNF. I haven't been in a tent for years, but he had to two older fold out cods and it was really nice and fun.
          What a great trip!!

Comment

used to camp dang near every weekend in the single years, went once with the wife and kids... enjoyed it, i am going to buy the truck tent. i have my long bed chevy
            think it would be nice, drive up set up and sleep off the hard ground.... no reason to contend with any wild varmints while sleeping... our lease in Ark, is were i will use the tent most

Comment

I used a tent as my deer camp , I did use cattle panels, and bought a 10 man Coleman, had electric and water, nice bed , all the comfort stuff, wasn’t bad except for noisy neighbors
              Also camp was near Victoria and sand not rocky

Comment

I’ll be out tent camping in Oklahoma (broken bow) and the Guadalupe this December and in February/March fly fishing. Should be a cold fun trip to get in the river.

Comment

Will never tent camp again after using my Hennessey hammock! Much better for my back and easy set up/takedown, and smaller to pack!

Comment

I’ve got two different ground tents, a hammock set up, and a roof top tent for my truck. I try to use them all as often as possible. I do a 20 mile stretch of the Brazos on a kayak a few times a year. If weather is nice I’ll carry the hammock setup, and if not I’ll carry a small “2” man back packing tent ive put hundreds of miles on over the last 12 years. When the wife goes on that trip with me I take a little bit larger “3” man tent. Occasionally I’ll do shorter back pack trips, and I’ll carry the 2 man for myself. Those are usually in the mountains, and I’ve learned my lesson the hard way about sleeping in the open air with expected nice weather lol even though I do enjoy it when everything goes right. The rest of the time we’re sleeping in the roof top tent, which is my wife’s favorite and I enjoy it quite a bit as well. Definitely the most comfortable of the options.

Comment

My family and I have tent camped a few times. We can’t deal with the heat either, and our old tent had seen better days so we found a quick setup tent that has a small opening on one side for a window unit A/C! The tent is a 7’X14’ two room with a thin piece of material that can be put in as a divider. It took me working by myself about 6 minutes to put it up, and I was taking my time doing it. We set it up in our back yard to see how the A/C did with an 8k btu window unit. The tent had no shade and this test was done in late June.

In the middle of the day it got hot inside the tent. Opening the ventilation windows made it feel considerably better than keeping it all zipped up tight. By about 5 pm, it started cooling off. By sundown it was in the high 70’s and the A/C actually shut off multiple times through the night(it was set on eco mode) because the inside temp had gotten down to 74 degrees. Next time I’m going to turn eco mode off and keep the fan on medium or low.

Ohh, if I remember right, we paid about $200 for the tent.

Comment

I camped once a month, every month while I was in Boy Scouts. Hadn't really been in a tent since, until Konnor got into Cub Scouts. Now we do 2 campouts a year; one spring and one fall. This year we went to resident camp, which is a mini summer camp for Cub Scouts, that's 3 nights ... the last weekend of JULY! The spring/fall campouts have always been pleasant weather. The resident camp was HOT HOT HOT!

We have 4 different tents, depending on what we're doing. One of which is an "easy up", hub style. It's a 4 (maybe 6) man. It's perfect for Konnor and I, and it is by far the quickest and easiest to set up and take down. It's heavy, so it's definitely not a backpacking tent, but otherwise it's great. I'm considering replacing the others with all the hub style tents.

I think the cattle panels would be great to keep out cows and hogs.

Comment

I forgot to mention the most important part. This thing is a game changer! One of these will run on a 5.0 battery all night for 3-4 nights on the medium setting, and medium is plenty of air to make a 3-4 person tent plenty comfortable. For a large family tent I’d consider running 2 of these fans. They beat listening to a generator all night, and are very effective.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            I forgot to mention the most important part. This thing is a game changer! One of these will run on a 5.0 battery all night for 3-4 nights on the medium setting, and medium is plenty of air to make a 3-4 person tent plenty comfortable. For a large family tent I’d consider running 2 of these fans. They beat listening to a generator all night, and are very effective.
                            Ryobi has about the same thing and we use them(we have 2 of them) every day!! They are VERY handy for all kinds of stuff, especially camping!

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                              never thought about these, sounds like a game changer!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
                                never thought about these, sounds like a game changer!
                                They are. I don’t see any need for one at high altitude, but I camp here in Texas 5-6 times every summer. They’re worth way more than their price in these parts.

BTW I picked mine up on sale at Northern Tool for $120 with 5.0 battery and charger. I run all Milwaukee tools anyways, so I’ve got 10-11 other batteries to use. It made sense to me to buy one without any previous experience. Knowing what I know now I’d buy one whether I had batteries already or not.
                                Last edited by TX03RUBI; 10-13-2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X