What is a good 38 revolver for my wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    The S&W 442 & 642 are hard to beat for a hammerless carry rig....
    Originally posted by Billy Bad Bass View Post
    Ruger SP101 in 38. a little heavier than some mentioned but easy to shoot well
    Both are great, but the SP101 also shoots .357 mag...in case of a bear attack.

And the bear population is on the rebound in Katy and Houston. Its true...Google it.

Comment

Taurus makes an excellent wheel gun especially for the money. Taurus 605 Poly Protector 357 Mag / 38 Spl would be a good ladies gun.

Comment

My daily is a Taurus ultra light. It shoots great and doesn’t weigh anything. It quickly replaced my other carry guns.

Comment

I’ll be the resident wimp on this thread. The 442/642 are fantastic for carrying. Fully agree they are near impossible to beat. But man they suck to shoot. Even mild loads are snappy. All fine and good in the heat of the moment, but it is a completely different grip angle and trigger pull compared to a semiautomatic, and the only way one can build muscle memory and confidence is many rounds of practice. These are not good guns for many rounds of practice.

I still like my 442 and do carry it, but it is way more difficult to shoot well than a S&W Shield, which is about the same exact size.

Comment

I doubt there is any sightless, hammerless & Lightweight snubby that I would consider 'fun' to shoot...it's an easy access close encounter belly gun.

Full size carry guns are fun to shoot. (when you don't have to take out a loan for ammo)

Comment

The .22mag is fun to shoot, relatively cheap ammo and hurts the target. Plus, the shooter doesn't get banged up too bad during practice.

Comment

My Wife's S&W 442 Airweight is not bad to shoot & pretty accurate. It has the crimson trace grips with the laser. Only downside is those puppy's got expensive!

Comment

Don’t own one, but plan on it soon.

Taurus 856 3” Defender. Has a notched rear sight, and tritium night sight for the front.
                  Academy has them for about $400

Comment

What txpitdog said !!
                    I may carry a. S&w airwieght but it is no fun to shoot

Comment

don't overlook the charter arms revolvers I use one of the 5 shot light weight 38 for my snake gun on my place. Wasted another nasty serpent Monday while I was on the mower near the pond. They have been around many years now and make a variety of good affordable revolvers

Comment

I can say don't get her a Ruger LCR. I had one back in the day and that thing kicked like a mule, wife hated it and refused to shoot it.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                          The .22mag is fun to shoot, relatively cheap ammo and hurts the target. Plus, the shooter doesn't get banged up too bad during practice.
                          I like this. Find some 22 mag Gold Dots and have at it. That'll make a mess of a badguy.

Comment

S&W Air Weight

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                              Find a compact semi auto. Contrary to what some may believe, women can handle semi auto guns and often times will enjoy them better than a snub nose light weight revolver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              My only hesitation is most women, heck most men even can’t clear a malfunction in a timely manner if needed. Revolver? Pull the trigger again lol.

Smith airweight for my wife.

Comment

Bought my wife a used S&W 69 years ago for around the house use. She don't like it. She'll likely use it if she has to and she does practice with it when I prompt her to. I even find it somewhat offensive to fire due to the small grips and fairly light weight. Bought oversized grips for it and it helps for me but they are a bit big for her (she's 4'11 & 100 lbs with little hands). Got her a Ruger LCR 22 mag. She likes it a lot better. Enough to put 100 rounds during practice. Told her if she ever has to use it , to empty it in the perp.

Comment

Working...
                                X