Texas Bowhunter killed in Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
    My son was was glassing a valley and another person on ridge across the valley was using his rifle scope to look around and shot at my son. Thank God he was a bad shot. Missed by about two or three feet.
    Yes, thank the Good Lord that person missed your son.

Comment

My son was was glassing a valley and another person on ridge across the valley was using his rifle scope to look around and shot at my son. Thank God he was a bad shot. Missed by about two or three feet.
      On purpose, or on accident ?
      He's looking at your son and your son is looking at him, across a valley(400 yrds+-?).
      Obviously your son was sitting still so I would think that's some pretty high magnification, and CLEAR identity..?
      That sounds like attempted murder imo.
      I would have had to made a fuss over that one.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        On purpose, or on accident ?
        He's looking at your son and your son is looking at him, across a valley(400 yrds+-?).
        Obviously your son was sitting still so I would think that's some pretty high magnification, and CLEAR identity..?
        That sounds like attempted murder imo.
        I would have had to made a fuss over that one.
        Turns out it was an old man who was glassing with his scope and had his finger on the trigger. Claimed it was an accident. My boy recognized the pickup that dropped him off in that location later in town. He confronted the people in the truck but when he found out it was an old man he dropped it. He wanted to tear someone’s tail up over it but just couldn’t bring himself to kick an old man’s butt.

Comment

Turns out it was an old man who was glassing with his scope and had his finger on the trigger. Claimed it was an accident. My boy recognized the pickup that dropped him off in that location later in town. He confronted the people in the truck but when he found out it was an old man he dropped it. He wanted to tear someone’s tail up over it but just couldn’t bring himself to kick an old man’s butt.
          I have had 2 friends shot while deer hunting.
          One was gut shot with a 30-06 and the other was shot in the tricep with a 7 mag. Luckily both survived. Both were shot by members of their family.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
            A friend of mine was sitting next to a guy on an airplane one day discussing hunting. The guy had been deer hunting recently, and, when asked if he got anything, he said he took one "sound shot", but didn't think he hit anything. That's when my buddy ended the conversation. Be careful, they're out there.
            Back in the early 80's a friend of mine was shot and killed(I call it murdered)by a guy that he was hunting with who made a "sound shot".. He shot him in the lower torso and upper thigh area with a 12 gauge using 00 buckshot from about 35 yards away... The idiot just fired into the brush.. He bled to death in the bed of a pick truck up while on his way to the hospital.

Comment

Criminal negligence sounds about right. The consequences of that very poor judgment changed many lives forever in an instant.

Sad.

Prayers for the bow hunter’s family.

Comment

Working...
              X