Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What broadhead did you use on your first bow kill...Trip down memory lane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    125 grain muzzy in 1993.
    It was a basket 10 pt. In Magnolia, TX.
    I forgot my release that morning and made a perfect heart shot with fingers at 21 yards.
    I was talking all kinds of **** back at camp about how I didn’t need a release. Nocked an arrow and shot at the target on a hay bale we had at camp and missed the whole dam thing…
    I got lucky, but I will never forget that hunt.
    Sounds like my first bow kill , was a doe , and I was using a PSE phaser bow , aluminum shaft arrow, muzzy 125 , I drew back, let it fly and she dropped in the grass like pole axed, I had hit her square in the head , every one in camp got a big laugh out of that
    My first buck , I was using muzzy 100 , drilled him good ( he did a mule kick) but couldn’t find any blood, next day the wife says to take ticket our wiener dog and he would find it, I had major doubts ticket would even look, carrying him over to the spot buck was shot, that dog took off like a rocket and I heard him barking and danged if there was my 1st bow buck

Comment

4 blade Sattelite

Comment

I believe they were made by rocket . Bacon skinners. 75 grain . I broke both front legs on a doe and passed through. They were a mini version of the qad exodus..

Comment

125 Grain Satellite 3 blade - Jennings Buckmaster w/ overdraw. Sucker was loud.

Comment

1981. Savora Swept Wing. 2117 Easton orange arrows.

Comment

Thunderhead 125, Easton xx75 2213 out of a Jennings I bought when I was 15.

Comment

Grizzly 125 glue on

Comment

Bow season is getting closer by the day. Any more memories to add?

Comment

I’m pretty sure mine were Satellite 125s. Shortly there after I became a Muzzy man and still am.

Comment

Muzzy 100 grain. On a doe 1995. Shot her at 20 yards. She ran down the food plot and turned on the ranch road where we had parked about 200 yards away. Died right next to the truck.

Comment

Satellite 125’s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine was before a bunch of you were born!! I used a Savora. Anyone else here use these?
                          Attached Files

Comment

G5 Montec on an OLD spike

Comment

Wasp !
                              With the rubber o ring.
                              Shot doe directly under me through the spine into the lungs
                              Went 30 ft

Comment

85 gr Thunderhead

Comment

Working...
                                X