No announcement yet.

ER Visit was pricey and odd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a kidney stone 2 years ago couldn’t take the pain anymore and went to the ER. While
    In the ER I had a doctor come into the waiting room and tapped me on the shoulder and told me everything will be ok. I never saw that doctor again, well 1 month later I get a bill from her office. She was a traveling doctor and after insurance I owed her $250 for that tap on the shoulder…

Comment

We have a friend who was non vax bashed by the dr at a Neighbors er.
      Raked her over the coals about it then sent her home with little help.

Her husband, who drove her up there with a 103 fever- was a vax breakthrough case.
      [emoji848]

For those in Crosby needing attention,
      The ER behind the Applebee’s is supposedly not pestering it’s patients about getting the jab or not.

Not sure about that billing nightmare, I’m surprised lightning hasn’t hit the building for pulling stuff like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        I thought covid was being covered by the govt?
        Since we don't seem to have a govt. at this time.
        Send the bill, to China.

Comment

Used to work in collections for hospital system in San Antonio. They have collection goals and if they're hurting (can't imagine a hospital system right now that would be) they push for those up front collections. Sounds to me like they took it way too far. Definitely seeing people not feeling well taking advantage. We just recently recovered from covid. Got my husband Ivermectin the day before his symptoms started and he basically had a cold. It took me 5 days to get on it and I had a worse time. I would have paid whatever needed to get meds...but I also refused to go to the hospital because unfortunately I don't trust them at all right now. So glad to read she's on the mend!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            Man that's ridiculous. Zero treatment for Covid apparently continues.
            It may be that they are nearing capacity and they triaged her and she wasn’t able to meet the admittance criteria for Covid

While this is a few weeks old...it is showing a serious issues with hospital space both regular and icu beds at at least one local area hospital...

OP,

Hope your wife gets better.

Comment

I did admitting and discharge at a hospital ER. Never once did we ever ask for payment. Half the people came in only gave a name and no ID. I’m sure the vast majority of them were not who they claimed to be but we couldn’t force them to show ID.

Comment

My daughter racked up $1.5 million in hospital bills as an infant. When they went to discharge her I was sent to the financial counselor who tried to get $500. I had a good laugh and left. They did stick me for $50 for parking.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
                  I have worked in hospitals for years, and I have never heard of an ER doing anything like this. Did they have some sort of drive though covid clinic or something?
                  Nope. I walked in ER, got a wheelchair and wheeled her in. It wasn’t busy at all. And I didn’t disclose it earlier, but I’m in medical also and I call on this hospital as one of my accounts. Part of a huge hospital system in DFW. I don’t plan on paying anything for awhile. They didn’t treat us very well IMO and were greedy with the bill. I’ll wait a longer while and negotiate down the line for that $2600 Zofran pill they gave her…ha. Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                    Wow, that's what its coming to at hospitals? Can I ask you why you don't have her on ivermectin?

I hope she gets to feeling better soon.
                    My mother is a former nurse and told us not to try it. Worked for some but I don’t think enough studies and I trust what Nurse Momma says! We were trying to find a referral to get the Monoclonal Antibodies infusion. Mom is back home in MS and said they can get it freely there and it’s helping tremendously. Seems TX is slower to give it and have to qualify and mostly 65yo+

Comment

Originally posted by Eat’em Up View Post
                      My daughter racked up $1.5 million in hospital bills as an infant. When they went to discharge her I was sent to the financial counselor who tried to get $500. I had a good laugh and left. They did stick me for $50 for parking.
                      Lol…I had same with my Twins. Surgery in utero and then NICU for 4-5 weeks once born. They were well over $1M babies and I barely had to pay anything. Crazy now how they trying to get $ from everyone

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
                        I had a kidney stone 2 years ago couldn’t take the pain anymore and went to the ER. While
                        In the ER I had a doctor come into the waiting room and tapped me on the shoulder and told me everything will be ok. I never saw that doctor again, well 1 month later I get a bill from her office. She was a traveling doctor and after insurance I owed her $250 for that tap on the shoulder…
                        I was hauling hay and wasn’t drinking enough water , went and took my blood sugar reading , it was about 400 and climbing , my PCP said drink water and head to emergency room, 1 bag of saline solution and a 3 hour wait, dr comes reads my chart and say to drink more water and walks out, 2 months later a collection agency called and said I owe $1200 because ER dr was out of network
                        I paid $20 per month for awhile then told them to sue me , some expensive 1 minute advice .

Comment

I recently had my gallbladder removed. It was a planned procedure, so no emergency situation. I ended up paying about $3000 prior to the surgery to cover deductible and any other portions not covered by insurance. I got a bill the other day stating that I owed an additional $983, that means they miss-quoted the procedure about $5000. I asked for an itemized bill. Mine you, I check in hospital at 5:30am, procedure was at 7am. I was home by 9:45am. The cost of my surgery was over $47,000. That is crazy

Comment

Several years ago I went to the ER with kidney stones and needed an iv. I guess the nurse was still in training because she stuck me 8 times and could never hit my vein. Finally i told her no more, she had to get someone else. Next nurse hit the vein on the first try but not before the first nurse stuck her own self in the palm with my needle. Hospital charged me for the nurses blood work that had to be done after she stuck herself, along with $3000 for a ct scan to locate the blood clot they caused in my arm from all the jabs. Clot lodged in my shoulder and could have killed me. I got no treatment for the kidney stones other than the iv and some pain meds, yet i was charged nearly $6k for that visit.

Comment

They also have “facility fees” they can tack on. I’ve been hit with a few and they usually cost more than the doctors visit. Best thing is they don’t inform you of the charge. Then if you don’t pay it, they turn you over to collections. Class A scam.

OP…for your ER visit, check the billing details specifically the coding of the charges. May be you can find an error.

Comment

Op, you need to review YOUR benefits on YOUR insurance plan and know them before you go to a service provider. Many insurance plans have a ER Copay where everything is covered after the copay if you don't get admitted. Some have a ER copay on top of your deductible and coinsurance. Either way, in an emergency room visit only, you should always just pay your copay and wait for the explanation of benefits from the insurance company before you pay any additional amount to the provider. If an ER refuses service on a "Emergency" without collecting what the idiot behind the desk "thinks" is your remaining deductible and coinsurance, I'd make it very uncomfortable in that room.

Hope your wife gets to feeling better! It sounds like she might need to get out of bed. Sitting in bed, laying down for days is not good for pulmonary illnesses. Open the window blinds to let some sunlight in, sit outside in the cooler time of the day and stay off depressing social media and websites

Comment

Working...
                                X