Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-08-2021, 02:51 PM   #351
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHUNTER99 View Post
Little old small block with 871 BDS EFI 14 PSI 898 RWHP Had car since Junior year of high school and it has escalated to this over past 16 years. Runs on 93 Octane pump gas.
I can't see enough of the engine to confirm your small block story. The power numbers look more small blockish, but the valve covers tell me big block or a Cleveland headed engine. I just looked at my Cleveland valve covers, they don't look quite like yours.
RifleBowPistol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2021, 03:07 PM   #352
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Killing Stuff These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Nice work...what made you choose it over the M8??
BMWs limo. Used to this size car……
Johnny Dangerr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2021, 03:34 PM   #353
TexasBob
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acameron52 View Post
Ha! Please forgive me if I look into this law for a bit before I send anything.

Funny story, after it was wrecked i had it parked at my uncles house for a while until I could make some room for it. I can’t tell you how many notes/phone calls and face to face offers I got from his FedEx guy while it was sitting on the trailer in pieces. He’s still got the same guy that comes by from time to time and he always asks about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every time we had a garage sale at least 3 people would ask to buy my truck. Over the years several folks would stop and ask. I always wanted it but never wanted to ask. Last garage sale, I told the guy who asked if it ever left it was headed to my house. Step dad looked at me and smirked- said that's where it's headed then. Come get it whenever you want.
TexasBob is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2021, 04:07 PM   #354
Huntin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jasper, Ellinger & Madisonville
Default TransAm

I bought this one 12 years ago in Dallas. Frame off restro and built it back to what it is today. 4 speed car with all new interior.
Attached Images

Huntin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2021, 04:14 PM   #355
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

German muscle......meh

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2021, 04:41 PM   #356
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
German muscle......meh

They have bragging rights as the fastest production vehicle at the 'ring...and the track was not sticky.

Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2021, 04:54 PM   #357
armadillophil
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma

My 78 TA

armadillophil is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2021, 04:55 PM   #358
armadillophil
Ten Point

Anybody looking for a project?

Old 06-08-2021, 05:59 PM   #359
chrisgunguy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Panhandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by armadillophil View Post

Big Block 4spd car?
chrisgunguy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2021, 08:00 PM   #360
Lost Buckaroo
Ten Point

My 68, Not much to look at but Performance is my bag!
570 hp 454, turbo 400 with shift kit, 2500 rpm stall converter, B&M shifter,
Ford 9” posi, disc brakes

For Sale $25K
Attached Images

Lost Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2021, 08:38 PM   #361
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

Quote:

My 78 TA

That was the best looking year. But I still want a 72-76 455, 4spd Trans AM, they don't look as good as the 78s, but they are pretty stout.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:40 PM   #362
Blownshelby
Six Point

Where is the 68’ located
Blownshelby is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2021, 08:51 PM   #363
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

This was my second Mustang, second 69 Mach 1. I had two candy apple red 351W 69 Mach 1s. The first Mach I bought for $1500, this one I bought for $500. It took two or three years to fix it up, but it came out pretty nice. I put a factory tach, it had the fold down rear seat, someone before me, pulled the top loader 3 spd and put a top loader 4 spd. Then it had a very rare intake on it. I warmed it over a good bit. This car was my first head porting project. I used to keep about 12 to 20 pairs of heads in the garage that I would port, then take to school and experiment on the valve job. The heads never stayed on the engine for more than two weeks. I would have another pair ported and a new valve job and would want to see how the new head work, actually worked on the car. The car was a rocket, a blast to drive. Had multiple chances to buy other old Machs, Shelbys and Bosses, but I passed on buying any of the cars that were worth a lot of money. I knew I would modify the hell out of them. Which could result in me blowing up the engine or damaging other rare parts. So I did not buy some really nice stuff years ago.

Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 08-16-2021 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:51 PM   #364
BigDraw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas & Colorado

My 2011 SS convertible, all stock. Just broke 50k miles, she barely broken in.
She is a beast.
Attached Images

BigDraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2021, 09:03 PM   #365
Mullet
Four Point

My first car was a 1973 Plymouth Duster. Didn’t have the 340 in it, but had a 360 with an upgraded racing cam. The 6-7 MPG combined with a 12 gallon gas tank & broken fuel gauge left my highschool self stranded a lot.

I’ll see if I can still find pics. It was fast.
Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2021, 09:10 PM   #366
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

This car was actually a 79 hatch, that I intended to race, with a lot of suspension work, then a 351W, and top loader. Basically picked up where I left off with the second 69 Mach. But the plan was this car was going to hook and run hard, as where the Mach was a tire boiler.

I wound up finding a 72 Ranchero, that someone put a 71 429 CJ in. Then someone robbed the heads off of it. The rancher had a nodular 9" case in the bed, Detroit locker in the bed, then some 351C closed chamber heads and a 351C 4V intake and all brand new valves. Then a complete 71 429 CJ big block top loader from a 71 Torino. Then the Ranchero had a C6 in it and a 9" under the back end. I bought the whole thing delivered for $200. That kept the 71 4 bolt 429 CJ block traded the crank for a 460 crank, then had the block bored .030" and made it into a 466. Then I went to work porting three or four different pairs of big block heads for the car, made three pairs of headers for the car. Build up the C6 for the car, sold off all of the other parts that came with the Ranchero. I eventually ported some EFI 460 heads, then made some long tube headers for those heads, but then found a 88 mm turbo. So I scrapped the long tubes and made some turbo headers. So at one point this car had a 466 with a 88 mm on it, with a C6, then a narrowed 9" with a nodular case, Detroit locker, and probably the only set of 4.10 gears ever made for a 9", usually the gear ratio in that range would be 4.11s, but I found a brand new set of 4.10s, so they went in the case.

Then I bought a 88 GT, I could not get the title for, so the body parts went on this car. Then I had a stout 306, bullet proof T5 I built, then a stout, 8.8 I built. At the time the only other car I had was the 85 GT convertible. I had the T5 and the 8.8 in that car, with a warmed over 302. But really did not want to put the new 306 in that car, because the convertible body flexed badly. Then this 79 hatch had the best suspension you could buy, back in 1994, back when I was buying the suspension parts for the car. Since the 79 hatch had very good suspension, had a greatly reinforced chassis and a roll cage, the 306 went in the 79 hatch. The big block, C6 9" and the 88mm, all got sold. Back in the early 90s, 5.0 heads up racing was big, there was no place to race a big block with a turbo heads up, about all I could have done with it, back in the early 90s was bracket race it, I was done with bracket racing by that point. I only wanted to do heads up racing.

So the 306 went in the 79, with the built T5, and built 8.8. The car ran mid 11s for a short time, before some guy rear ended the car, when I was driving it home from work. The car wound up over a foot shorter than it was before the accident. The guy who hit me, was in a F350 4X4 Power Stroke truck, he hit me with the pedal on the floor, trying to out run another truck. He wound up hitting me three times. Really messed the car up, so it was done. Just got it working correctly and some bone head smashed it hard.

Old 06-08-2021, 09:13 PM   #367
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Buckaroo View Post

For Sale $25K
Pm inbound..................
Old 06-08-2021, 09:18 PM   #368
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

This was my demon 85 GT convertible, this car blew the doors off many cars, shocked my guys. Got accused of spraying nitrous many times. When you blow the tires off hard, in three gears, then finally hook and run down and blow past, some car that has about 10 cars you you by that point, you get accused of running nitrous. More so, when they figure out you have a 302 with factory iron heads and a worked over factory Holley carb.

The car had two different cams in it, depending on what point in history, then the same pair of ported factory iron heads, then I tried two different intakes I ported. Then long tubes, built T5, then either 4.10 gears or 4.56 gears, depending on what point in time and a good bit of suspension work.

This car either scared the crap out of anyone who was in the car, or they fell in love with it, if they got to drive it. It was a screaming demon, it was a blast, just wish it was a coupe and not a convertible.

Old 06-08-2021, 09:20 PM   #369
MarkV
Pope & Young

Quote:

No I have one of my own. 72 sting ray 454 with every option but the luggage rack. Just needs some tlc.

Name:  429C95E1-36B5-4CD9-B169-8211B67CACC6.jpeg
Views: 765
Size:  90.8 KB
MarkV is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2021, 09:23 PM   #370
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

Then my 93 Lightning ****, it was decently quick, but drank fuel, like there was a hole in both tanks, and the brakes sucked. The suspension was amazing. This thing would hang corners like my SVO. Which before this truck, I had a very warmed over 85 SVO. That I ported the head on, ported the intake, put a larger turbo on, then the biggest roller cam Ford Motorsport made back then. Then I put a much bigger fuel pump on it, and some other stuff, I don't remember, the SVO was a rocket. I sold it and bought the 93 Lightning new in 93. I don't have any pictures of the SVO.

The Lightning mods were, I put a Ford Motorsport A351 cam in, it, Cobra 1.7 ratio rockers, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, K&N filter and a few other mods. I finally got it down into the 14s, it was about the slowest thing I ever owned, crappy stock F150 brakes.

Old 06-08-2021, 09:29 PM   #371
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Quote:

For Sale $25K
Wife just told me "it would be your car" uh ok dear.....................
Old 06-08-2021, 09:45 PM   #372
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

This is my 89 GT, first engine I built for it, was a cheap pieced together build. I pieced together a full set of stock pistons and rods, took two or three sets to find a full set of good pistons. Then a stock 87 block, and crank, then a pair of Explorer heads I ported, some 1.7 ratio rockers, then a later Explorer intake that I chopped open and ported, then welded back up. Then a 70mm throttle body that had a broken shaft, that I repaired and then used. Then a 73mm MAF. Some long tubes, 2 1/2 " off road H pipe, mufflers, tail pipes. This car, put down more than most of the other NA 302 or 306 engines that I have ever dynoed. It did so with a factor intake and heads. The heads still had the factor valves in them. I just ported them, some chamber work, then a valve job. This engine had the B302 cam, that was originally in the 85 GT convertible, years earlier.

Then later I pieced together a better 306 short block, with some aftermarket rods and pistons, still a stock crank. The same heads, then a Edelbrock Performer RPM, that I repaired, then ported. Then a Comp XE282 cam, all else was the same as the first build, same throttle body, headers, exhaust, injectors.

The car, had a 93 Cobra T5 I built, then a 8.8, with 3.73 gears at first, then later I switched to 4.30s, it still has 4.30s in the rear. The 306 broke the crank in half, about six months ago. I sold off all of the pieces of the 306 and the T5, all of the exhaust. I have owned this car for about 12 years. The whole time, I have searched for factory 93 Cobra side skirts, but they are near impossible to find. I have finally found a full set in very good condition. Then I got a really nice hood for the car, then some brand new 93 Cobra tail light lenses. The car came with the 93 Cobra rear bumper cover and the 93 Cobra spoiler. I now have most of the rest of the 93 Cobra body parts. I will have the rest soon. I am going to make this into a 93 Cobra clone. I have a lot of new or very good condition factory parts for this car. When it is back together this is going to be a very nice car.

I am building a 408, with aluminum Cleveland 3V style heads, really nice intake. I have a Holley Hp computer, LS coils and some very nice fuel system parts. Then a T56 transmission and scatter shield. I am going to put some 94 up front and rear brakes on the car.

I am finally building a flow bench. Once the flow bench is built, I will port these heads and intake. Then I will build the headers, exhaust, mufflers, then the engine. Then wire up the Holley and build the fuel system. This car should be a blast to drive.

This car made about 400 flywheel hp with both the 302 and the 306, with this new 408, it should be over 700 hp. With the T56 and either 4.30 gears or 4.56 gears, this should be a blast to drive.

Old 06-08-2021, 10:01 PM   #373
armadillophil
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgunguy View Post
Big Block 4spd car?
Yes LS5 454 4 speed
Old 06-08-2021, 10:11 PM   #374
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

Then this is my coupe, it had many 306s for years, with a built T5, that started off in the 85 GT convertible, then later the 79 hatch, then this car. Same with the 8.8 rear axle, I first had that axle in my 86 police package 86 coupe, then it went in the 85 GT convertible, then it went in the 79 hatch, then this car. That axle, has had, 3.08s originally, when it came from Ford, back in 86, then I put 3.55s, then 4.10s. Those same 4.10s went into the 85 GT, but then they got pulled out for some 4.56s, those 4.56s and axle went into the 79 hatch, when it went in that car. Then that axle with the 4.56s went in this car, but at first the engine would not rev high enough to make use of the 4.56s, it was floating valves for a while, I fought that problem for quite a while. I went back to 4.10s. Then eventually built the all aluminum 302 based 364 engine I just pulled out of the car. I have sold off most of the pieces of the 364. Going with something bigger, not sure yet.

This car started off with the built T5, and EFI 306, stock computer, ported TW heads, and ported BXR intake, whole engine from the 79 hatch. First past it spun all the way through 1st and 2nd gear, then hit the rev limiter in every gear. went a 11.94 at 116 mph. Eventually it went as fast as 11.02, at 125 mph, still with a NA 306, with stock crank, stock block, just decent rods and pistons, then the ported TW heads and BXR and a custom hydraulic roller cam. With the 306 T5 combo, the car ran nice, would carry the wheels all the way through 1st, set them down, when I hit 2nd. It would run straight as a arrow all the way down the track. It ran beautiful with the T5, 306 combo. I was running 26" tall tires with that combo, had cut stock 4 cylinder rear springs. That combo, turns out to have been a great combo, it got the instant center very close to perfect. But when I switched to the 364, I switched to either 275/60/15 MT E/T drag radials or 28X10.5 E/T Drags both are 28" tall. Both were big enough the tires would rub, so I pulled the cut 4 cylinder springs and put a pair of stock height 5.0 springs in the car. It never worked for crap with those springs. Those springs raised the rear up and threw the instant center off, the car would not hook for crap, once I did that. So the bigger tires did not help, they only hurt the car's performance. They would have helped, had I mini tubbed the car, narrowed the rea axle, and set the back of the car down some. But I did not know that at the time.

The 364, had a mild solid roller, cam, same heads, same intake, then some Kooks headers and new exhaust. The engine was only 10.4:1 cr, so it would not be a big deal driving it on the street. Then I built a C4 for the car, first time I ever raced a automatic, I absolutely hated the auto, even with a trans brake and full manual reverse shift patter valve body. The convertor, would stall to 5200 rpm. Most of the time, it ran with the 364, it had 4.10 gears, at times I tried 4.30s. I ran both drag radials and MT E/T drags. The fastest passes were on the drag radials. For a while, the car was consistently running 10.21s at 131 mph. The car would never 60' for crap when the 364 was in the car, could not figure it out for a long time. On my last pass at Pinks All Out, the car left very hard and put 3 cars on a car that consistently ran 9.60s. It never left like that before or since. Those numbers would put the car, where it should have been, by all of my calculations. So I tore the car apart and found all types of problems. The convertor was a lot of the problems with the car, then the axle housing was serious bent, all types of ways. I have since bought a lot of very nice suspension and chassis parts to make this car work, since that pass at Pinks.

I have a very nice pro shifted Doug Nash 5 spd, that I put in the car for a while, after the C4 got pulled. I am either going to put a large cubic in. 9.5 deck small bock in the car or a moderate cubic in. big block. I have pieces to both laying around. I have either a decent sized blower I can put on either engine or I will put twin turbos on the car. I would love to build one of the big blocks, stroked to somewhere between 530 to 557 cubic in., with some small twins on it, so it will spool very fast. But then I have the blower, that I have not found a home for yet.

Old 06-08-2021, 10:23 PM   #375
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kick CoViD's tail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullet View Post
My first car was a 1973 Plymouth Duster. Didn’t have the 340 in it, but had a 360 with an upgraded racing cam. The 6-7 MPG combined with a 12 gallon gas tank & broken fuel gauge left my highschool self stranded a lot.

I’ll see if I can still find pics. It was fast.
I had one of those for a little while. Same engine. Blue with half white vinyl top. One of many Mopars I owned.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2021, 10:42 PM   #376
Bama
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stovallcustomknives facebook

My 68 Mustang owned it since I was 16 that would have been 1986 lol. 351 Cleveland headers big cam ported Australian heads. Building an AOD trans for it need the 4th gear its about 3500 rpm at 55 mph .
Attached Images

Last edited by Bama; 06-08-2021 at 10:51 PM.
Bama is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2021, 11:12 PM   #377
Cory.Shumate
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ødin View Post
BWSSR and I partnered up and built this 66 Chevelle SS... I got it as a parts car, mostly in boxes and missing the original 396 and 4-speed. Minor upgrades included a 468 roller, T-400, 4.10 gears, and 29.5x10.5's. She was heavy little girl @ 3650, but she was never afraid to wake up the neighbors or stand up and be counted.
She’s the one for me. Oh yes .... She will be mine. One day.
Cory.Shumate is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2021, 11:28 PM   #378
talltexasshoote
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kent and garza counties

Quote:

For Sale $25K
Not much to look at is about as wrong as you can be. Those Cameros are beauty in motion.
talltexasshoote is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2021, 06:49 PM   #379
Krivoman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Ranch Owner, Lampasas County

My first Car.

Drove it to high school in 86-87. 1947 Ford Coupe, 390 big block. all new interior. Loved it but it was a beast to drive. No power steering and sucked gas down.

Me and my buddy in front. I am on left. And before anyone makes fun of my shorts, just now I maid them myself in Home economics and those shorts were indestructible.

Name:  47 ford coupe.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  123.7 KB
Krivoman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2021, 11:27 PM   #380
Maxlab
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jimwells/Gonzalez

My 2017 Mustang GT, now has a ProCharger on her. 750WHP, plan to turn it up more.
Attached Images

Maxlab is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2021, 09:53 AM   #381
IOWA BOW HUNTER
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over the place

Gosh I love this thread, suprised I dont see more 67-70 mustangs, or a boss 429!
IOWA BOW HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2021, 10:05 AM   #382
Chief Big Toe
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sparkman,Arkansas

some sweet rides... sure wish i would have kept my High School car, a 64.5 Ford 2 door Galaxy she was sweet
Chief Big Toe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2021, 10:20 AM   #383
WItoTX
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Idaho

Wow, I guess either I forgot about, or missed this thread. So here goes. Traded my Hellcat Wide Body for a car a little more suited for the track. GT350, bone stock, but with a track alignment on it. She is a monster, and I have never felt a car so dialed in as this car around corners. The car is absolutely planted in corners. And with a 8250 rpm redline, she makes Ferrari sounds without the Ferrari price tag.

Good work Ford, good work.

WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2021, 10:28 AM   #384
kerrbow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country and Kansas

My neighbor had some Suburban square body doors I bought and when I went to pick them up he had several classic cars in a shop. We got to talking and he said he was loading one up to head to Barrett Jackson Las Vegas this weekend. He has a 1968 Dodge Charger R/T going across the block Saturday night. Anxious to see what it hammers for. Believe he said it was a 440 Magnum with 3 deuces on top.
kerrbow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2021, 03:52 PM   #385
TOTW
Spike

Some sweet rides, thanks for sharing all the pics!
TOTW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2021, 05:06 PM   #386
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krivoman View Post
My first Car.

Drove it to high school in 86-87. 1947 Ford Coupe, 390 big block. all new interior. Loved it but it was a beast to drive. No power steering and sucked gas down.

Me and my buddy in front. I am on left. And before anyone makes fun of my shorts, just now I maid them myself in Home economics and those shorts were indestructible.

Attachment 1052520
I don't know what is brighter the car or the shorts

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2021, 05:17 PM   #387
Low Lander
Nubbin' Buck

98 WS6 with a T56
Low Lander is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2021, 09:38 PM   #388
Txfire409
Ten Point

Hunt In: Edwards County, anywhere drawn hunts take me

My 69 442
Attached Images

Txfire409 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2021, 08:23 AM   #389
Low Lander
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by low lander View Post
98 ws6 with a t56
Name:  Tran Am.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  97.9 KB
Low Lander is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2021, 12:30 PM   #390
WItoTX
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Lander View Post
This is my favorite Firechicken of all time. Growing up, neighbor down the street had one. One of the meanest sounding cars I've ever heard.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:42 PM   #391
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Had a 97 Formula I ordered for the wife in a really neat orange/red color w/ T-tops. I was just getting ready to start tweaking when mrs Artos informed me she was pregnant w/ our firstborn. Told her there was no way a baby seat was gonna work in the backseat & she threw a fit, went out & bought one to prove me wrong...didn't fit. Hello Accord.

Those 350's are neat cars...I attempted to buy a 350r but no ford dealer would sell at sticker & I refuse to do ADM. Keep an eye on your oil level as they are notorious for eating it up, especially on track days.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2021, 02:45 PM   #392
WItoTX
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Had a 97 Formula I ordered for the wife in a really neat orange/red color w/ T-tops. I was just getting ready to start tweaking when mrs Artos informed me she was pregnant w/ our firstborn. Told her there was no way a baby seat was gonna work in the backseat & she threw a fit, went out & bought one to prove me wrong...didn't fit. Hello Accord.

Those 350's are neat cars...I attempted to buy a 350r but no ford dealer would sell at sticker & I refuse to do ADM. Keep an eye on your oil level as they are notorious for eating it up, especially on track days.
Lol, I hear ya...pretty much daily my truck now, and 350 sits under a cover in the garage except on track days. Those T-tops were awesome, I really wish the new Camaro had them.

I looked at several new left over 350 and 350R's, and everyone was wanting a pretty penny for them. Which is understandable considering just the carbon fiber rims on the R are $10k alone.

So then priced out GT500's online, before learning dealers were going 20k above sticker, unless you got the 20k carbon fiber package. Screw that, there is only 1 Mustang worth 100k, and that is the original '65 GT350 Ken Miles drove. And it sold for way more than that. So then I started searching used, and found mine in Dallas. Only 3k miles on it, and zero modifications done. As far as oil goes, the only time it consumes oil is when the engine is cold. Track days, I can rag hard on it, and no consumption issues. But use it at a daily, and it does about a quart every 1000 miles.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:04 PM   #393
Mr. Whiskers
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

1969 C10 LS 6.0 with 4L80E
4:88 Posi
Lil NOS
Attached Images

Mr. Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-18-2021, 02:42 PM   #394
pontiac
Eight Point

TXFire409

That is a muscle car.

Do you have the stock motor and drivetrain or have you upgraded?
pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-20-2021, 09:36 AM   #395
Txfire409
Ten Point

Hunt In: Edwards County, anywhere drawn hunts take me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac View Post
TXFire409

That is a muscle car.

Do you have the stock motor and drivetrain or have you upgraded?
Stock motor with an aftermarket cam and stock trans.
Txfire409 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-20-2021, 09:21 PM   #396
Floor Man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Young County & State of Colorado

1968 RS Z28
383 Stroker with Muncie 4 speed

Floor Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-20-2021, 10:33 PM   #397
dustoffer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: S/Central Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchntr View Post
my dad's 62
Attachment 635500
327/300hp nom
i believe it had a frame off resto at some point.
class!
dustoffer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-20-2021, 11:25 PM   #398
switchback
Ten Point

Name:  38A48453-CC19-41B0-A47D-37A7CFE8D2C1.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  89.5 KB
My wife’s 2010 2SS Camaro
My wife’s 67 RS Camaro
My 66 SS Chevelle
Been doing a ground up build on the 67. About ready to start putting everything back in it. Got the chevelle out and took it around the block yesterday. Won’t be long before they are on the road.
switchback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-21-2021, 11:05 PM   #399
armadillophil
Ten Point

Picked this 76 SE up tonight. One of my dream cars.

Old 06-22-2021, 02:06 AM   #400
Zjesse22
Eight Point

Hunt In: Hidalgo County

Nice cars! Do trucks count? Got my 04 silverado 6.2 stroked out to a 408 custom grind cam, west coast cylinder heads, edelbrock vic jr intake 102mm tb, Holley stand alone fuel system with seperate pump and fuel cell, 250 tnt dual stage nitrous kit. 4l80 with a PI 4400 multi disc stall Eaton locker with 456s. Idk how to post pics
Zjesse22 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top