No announcement yet.

What’s up with gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m fortunate enough to work 3 miles from home, so a tank last me for a few weeks if I’m not out running around to much. I guess I’ll top off on the way home just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
      Just read on brightbart dems considering raising gas tax
      Great
      “” The gasoline tax is an excise tax, which is a cost added to the purchase of specific goods and services. The federal government charges a tax of 18.4 cents on every gallon of gasoline and 24.4 cents on every gallon of diesel.Dec 24, 2020””

Comment

That will impact poor folks and minorities the most.

The same people who, overwhelmingly, vote for liberals.

Comment

I filled up today at a QT in Round Rock with no issues. Plenty of empty pumps so no waiting in line.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
            That will impact poor folks and minorities the most.

The same people who, overwhelmingly, vote for liberals.
            That's usually the way it goes, blows my mind how trained these sheep are.

Comment

Murphys in N Austin off Lake Creek out of Ethanol free...all pump handles were bagged. Premium fuels were out too. Regular and diesel were good.

I noticed since the ice storm Murphys went back to $100 cap on single dispense.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                My brother who works at a aggregate supply company called me last Friday and said to fill up cans and top off vehicles. Said they were having trouble getting fuel and were to the point they were going to have to shutdown.
                I'm not discounting this statement, but these are the types of post that get us in the situation to begin with.

If everyone just goes on as normal the supplies will catch back up.. It takes time! There was a whole week where fuel trucks could not reach stations and refineries had to cut back or shut down, so this is to be expected and is temporary.

I'm just happy that there is starting to be life in the ammo section at Academy again, but now there won't be because i said something...

That being said I just filled up the wife's car, my 2 trucks, Polaris, 4wheeler, zero-turn, every fuel can and a trashcan...

Comment

I don't work at a refinery but a chemical plant and we are still making repairs to our plant from the freeze. I think the refineries are in the same shape from the lack of flares and steam seen in the plants.

Comment

Imagine that !

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                      I don't work at a refinery but a chemical plant and we are still making repairs to our plant from the freeze. I think the refineries are in the same shape from the lack of flares and steam seen in the plants.
                      Everybody is! Buckle up!

Comment

No changes at all around here! Probably `15 empty pumps out of 16 right by our house at Exxon when i drove by it 10 minutes ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Everybody is! Buckle up!
                          I just had my first day off since the freeze this past weekend, no end in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                            I just had my first day off since the freeze this past weekend, no end in sight.
                            We were in TA mode when it hit....now added scope big time!

Comment

Premium and mid grade were out at HEB in Dripping Springs yesterday. I heard it was diesel that there was supposed to be a shortage of.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

There is also the issue of the Microsoft Hack, causing many computer systems to be shut down. My wifes hospital system was completely shut down today due to the hack/virus.

Comment

Working...
                                X