• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger Security .380

Anybody familiar with this new model?
    I was looking at the Glock 42 until I saw this one
    I like all my other Rugers.

Thanks for any experiences with this one.

BP

Interesting…I haven’t seen that one. Looks like a competitor to S&W’s ez 380. Curious to hear reports and will probably rent one if they show up at the range.

I like Rugers too.

Comment

I had and shot a Glock 42 since the first year they came out. Great little pistols! Easy to conceal, shot everything I ran through it, never had a malfunction. Typical of Glock.

Recently sold it and got the wife a Ruger LCP Max 380. Have only shot around 50 rounds through it, no malfunction, just as easy to conceal, but has a standard 10 round magazine, with 12 rounds available.

On the net, there are bad reviews regarding I believe broken firing pins, but that seems to have gotten fixed. I hope so at least.

Not the same model you were looking at, but I hope this helps.

Comment

I usually don’t like to try new models of anything
        But for this inexpensive Ruger I’ll try it out

Trading an 9mm XDS for it. I have 2!

Comment

I like my Security 9. The 380 looks like it improves upon the design. Here's a good review:

Comment

Thank you very much for the link.

BP

Comment

I am going to buy one here shortly. I held one at the gun show a few weeks back. The only thing I didnt like was how wide it is but that is what the sacrifice is for the capacity it has which is the appealing part of the gun to me.

Comment

Working...
              X