X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Our pigs would not eat it.

Where are people buying their cotton seed? I'm near San Saba

We just started it this year and have been buying 40# bags at San Saba produce, but we will likely try to transition to bulk next year. Theyre hammering it and buying it bagged is expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Our pigs would not eat it.

Where are people buying their cotton seed? I'm near San Saba
      Cape and Son will deliver bulk - google them

Comment

Cape and Son in Waco just quoted me $340/ton. I can get AntlerMax for $440/ton. With only $100 difference i'm leaning to protein.

Now if someone knows a place, between IH35 and IH45, I can get cotton seen for for a better price let me know. Live North of Austin, and hunt in Robertson County, so im not trying to drive 2-3 hours west. I'd just spend the gas money on protein.

Comment

Hogs and coons won't eat it where there is not much telling how much protein and corn they eat.

Comment

We use it and deer love it. Heard they get warm when eating it so a good water source should be fairly close. We get it at spearag in Uvalde

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
              I have read that it makes the bucks sterile if they eat it and can be bad if they eat it during the rut.

Is this a real thing?

J
              I was a Range Science major at TAMU. I remember the prof talking about cotton seed and bulls, remember writing It down... You’d have to feed them 10 pounds a day to make them sterile. Cotton seed is about 20% +/- protein.
              Last edited by blackfoot1; 12-05-2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SNKETR View Post
                Cape and Son in Waco just quoted me $340/ton. I can get AntlerMax for $440/ton. With only $100 difference i'm leaning to protein.

Now if someone knows a place, between IH35 and IH45, I can get cotton seen for for a better price let me know. Live North of Austin, and hunt in Robertson County, so im not trying to drive 2-3 hours west. I'd just spend the gas money on protein.
                $340/ton Wow that's high. Hope some other place has it cheaper. I was hoping to get it around $230-240/ton and get 20 tons.

Comment

we contracted our 2021 CS at $310/ton delivered this year. Last year it was significantly cheaper early, we waited and ended up contracting at $295/ton delivered. It doesn't look like it's coming down in price for 2021....

Comment

I picked up some that is just the seed . None of the cotton hull . It’s mixed with corn and can put in in a spin feeder .

Comment

Do you guys realize cotton is grown and not a produced product? If it was grown everywhere the price would be more reasonable in different areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow-Tek View Post
                        Do you guys realize cotton is grown and not a produced product? If it was grown everywhere the price would be more reasonable in different areas.

I’m pretty sure everybody here does. Not sure where you got otherwise. I dang sure never got the sense that folks thought otherwise.

I grew up in a cotton farming town (Taft, Texas) with a cotton farming great grandfather. I worked in my cousin’s local cotton gin during the summers during harvest near Corpus Christi. My brother ran strippers and pickers for the farmer he worked for while in school. So yea...

Comment

Ya. We get Lyssy & Eckel 20% protein delivered for about $460 a ton.

Comment

$340/ton Wow that's high. Hope some other place has it cheaper. I was hoping to get it around $230-240/ton and get 20 tons.
                            It’s not going to be cheap if you can find it at all in bulk. I contacted the gin in Wall last week and was told that everything they had was contracted out. This usually doesn’t happen until late January. It has been a bad year for cotton production in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                              It’s not going to be cheap if you can find it at all in bulk. I contacted the gin in Wall last week and was told that everything they had was contracted out. This usually doesn’t happen until late January. It has been a bad year for cotton production in that area.

That's not good. I guess it's on to Mereta or Rowena ..and if it's up to $340 like above, I might just up my protein through my timed feeders and save my back from the shoveling.

Comment

So then, who is the "go to" for Cotton seed down south, Webb, Duval area? What's the going rate?

Comment

Working...
                                X