No announcement yet.

Mountain Lion Kills Man ?/Hood County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD is usually the first to downplay lion sightings, much less an attack. They think it’s possible for some reason, we’ll see. Much more likely he died from an accident or medical issue and the hogs got to him

Comment

My stats may be off, but throughout history to now, there had only been human fatalities (2-3) via mountain lion in Texas, in Big Bend National Park. Does that sound about right?
      Last edited by sandbill; 12-05-2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
        But somebody has to be that .01% eventually.
        True. I wasn't there so I am leaving that possibility open. I am just skeptical.

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        “Possibly a mountain lion” means nothing. My bet is on sensationalism.
        My bet is on this as well.

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Much more likely he died from an accident or medical issue and the hogs got to him
        Or yotes. I think this is the most likely scenario. But again, I want to follow the story and see what they say.

Comment

I don't find it odd a mountain lion killed someone in Tx. I've seen 2 and seen big cat tracks more than once. I think the chances to run into one are easily better than a lottery

Comment

It was a Bigfoot!

Too close to home for me! I’ll have my pistol handy when walking in the dark. I have only once thought I had heard. Mountain Lion at my place and it was un-nerving!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
              Crazy news year for lions. The 2 viral videos of aggressive cats and this.

2020 you crazy sob
              Makes you wonder if the “sheltering in place” has reduced human traffic to a level that these cats feel more comfortable traveling in semi-urban corridors?

Comment

Not a cat kill

Comment

Sad................

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                    It was a Bigfoot!

Too close to home for me! I’ll have my pistol handy when walking in the dark. I have only once thought I had heard. Mountain Lion at my place and it was un-nerving!
                    They said there was a lingering odor of beef sticks in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post

I have only once thought I had heard. Mountain Lion at my place and it was un-nerving!
                      One evening after a hunt, I came down out of a tree stand, packed my things and headed out on foot to make the long walk back to my pickup. Darkness was just settling in when a spine tingling scream erupted to my left less than a hundred yards away. I could pinpoint the exact tree whatever it was was under. But the darkness under the tree kept me from seeing anything . It could sure see me though.

Comment

I have been hunting all my life and have never seen one
                        One of my sons is a pumper for an oil co and he swear he seen a lion in Burleson co me n my brother was on the phone with him when he saw I ask him why he didn’t get a picture he said he couldn’t it got gone too quick

Comment

This will be interesting to find out what happened. I did see a mountain lion about years ago in Hood County. I grew up in Granbury.

Comment

It has been nearly 25 years, but we had a cat on our place along the Sabana River just outside Gorman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My lease is about 10 miles west of where this is. I have a good friend that lives by my lease on FM 1188 west of Morgan Mill. He sent me pictures of a big cat track on his property today. He said that he has also found a couple of hogs that he shot and drug off that had been covered with leaves and grass a few days later. They live among us.

Comment

I hunt in earth county. Too close for comfort. Condolences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X