F250 to F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F250 to F150

I'm moving from a F250 to an F150. With what they are paying for used trucks now I stand to make a little bit of money and an F150 will work for me. I don't need the towing capacity of an F250 since I don't haul/pull anything. I haul around car seats right now. I found a good deal on an F150 and am pulling the trigger on it. Cabin size is the same and that's what I need right now. Anyone else downsizing right now?

I did the same last year. Don’t tow much anymore only thing I really miss is the bed on my 250 compared to the short bed 150

Comment

I just went the other way. Man, the newer F250s are tall ! My old azz needs a stool to get out…..

Comment

Yeah the 250 are a tank going down the road and I like the truck. Just an opportunity to make some money and "simplify" things a little bit.

Comment

Im too old to bounce around in a F350. Farm roads too far gone. Im thinking the same thing

Comment

I did this for about 12 hrs. HATED it. I should have known better. I had been on the road working and hunting for about a week and a half. Had guns, bows, dog crate, ice chest, all the things. It didnt all fit in the F150. I should have stopped right there and called it off. Luckily the dealer was a good friend and I just drove back up the next day and swapped it back. F150 had no power and no room.

Comment

Do you mean room in the bed or in the cabin?

Comment

I have a 06 1 ton diesel, and a 19 1/2 ton gasser. Honestly, for everyday driving, i prefer the 1/2 ton. I don't even have a ball on the 1/2 ton so I cant say anything about hauling with it. It is a pleasure to drive and park comparted to big 1 ton.

Comment

Originally posted by trykonroye View Post
                  I did this for about 12 hrs. HATED it. I should have known better. I had been on the road working and hunting for about a week and a half. Had guns, bows, dog crate, ice chest, all the things. It didnt all fit in the F150. I should have stopped right there and called it off. Luckily the dealer was a good friend and I just drove back up the next day and swapped it back. F150 had no power and no room.

Which motor did the 150 have in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a expedition and a small trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by trykonroye View Post
                      I found that I liked the change. I went from a Duramax 2500 to a F150. Zero difference in cab space and just a little bit less space in the bed but it still worked for bow cases, gun cases, ice chests, corn, etc. Also, I'm not sure what engine you had but the 3.5 EB runs like a scalded ape.

Comment

I went from an F250 to an F150.

I loved the little F150 but it couldn't tow squat.

Had the 5.0 and towing package.

My 2,200 lb empty car hauler was an "I know it's back there." feeling.

A 6,000 lb tow was uncomfotable.

I went back and traded it on a Ram 3500 DRW CTD. Much better.

A half ton is a car. A 3/4-1 ton is a pickup truck.

This little trailer and flail was about the max tow that was comfortable.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bought my son a used F150 for Christmas. Did some searching and found one with the 6' bed instead of the short bed, the bigger tow mirrors, and the 3.5l ecoboost. It's a very nice truck and has plenty of power. With the lift and tires it looks real similar to an F250.

Comment

My sons truck

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post

My sons truck

That's a good looking set up right there...

Comment

Working...
                              X