Tips for Getting Rid of Crawfish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for Getting Rid of Crawfish?

Our home is only about 60 yards from the pond, and my back yard gets taken over this time of year by the dirt mounds. Have you guys found anything effective to get them gone?

30 raccoons

Comment

I have a guy that sprays my acre lot once a year for ants. After the first year I have not had a single crawfish mound. I can PM you his number if you wand to call him.

Comment

Crayfish trap in the pond. Catch appetizers.

Comment

Is it fenced? If so, throw a couple of Cajuns in there for a few days.

Kidding, sorry, no help

Comment

eat them.

Comment

Broadcast Overnout ant bait in your yard. Kills ants and won't have a single crawfish hole. You should do it around Jan-Feb but I am sure you can try it now relatively cheap. I don't know how or why it works, but it does.

Comment

A mower with a good strong engine will knock those mounds down level with your grass height so they are not so visible to you. Seriously though I have no idea how to get rid of them. Do you have a healthy fish population in the pond that will eat them if they are actually in the pond. I know some ponds I have seen have no crawfish mounds around them and others are loaded with them. I am sure soil composition plays a part as well. Good luck in your search to find a solution!

Comment

Back when I was a kid, my dad would pay me 10 cents per crawdad. That thinned them down.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhWc01P0698"]How to Make a Pillow Trap for Crayfish ( Crawfish, Crawdads) For Under $3 Each. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cCz_PmP0cQ"]HOW TO: LOUISIANA CRAWFISH BOIL | THE BEST FLAVOR! NO SAUCE ON THESE SHELLS! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                      30 raccoons
                      But then how do you get rid of the raccoons?

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan View Post
                        But then how do you get rid of the raccoons?
                        Release some cougars.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                          Release some cougars.
                          I dont know why she swallowed the fly I guess she'll die.

Comment

How big and deep is your pond. As mentioned crawfish traps or use minnow Seines. You could maybe look in your area if anyone sells live bait. They may come and trap them for you

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              Is it fenced? If so, throw a couple of Cajuns in there for a few days.

Kidding, sorry, no help
                              I’m your Huckaberry.

Comment

Working...
                              X