Birria Tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birria Tacos

Ever had them? I cooked the meat / consommé yesterday and going to make the tacos tonight. I used short ribs and Chuck roast for the meat.

Learn how to make classic beef birria consomé that is simmered in a delicious pepper broth and shredded to perfection. Birria tacos come from birria consomé...

I make “my version” of Birria tacos SLL THE TIME.
    By far my favorite

Comment

Looks good...how did they turn out?

Comment

Love em!!

Comment

Looks darn good. I might have to try it like that.....I'll make popcorn and wait for the authunticity police.

Comment

Oh my!! They are awesome... looks great!

Comment

I’ve never made them, it I love them. I need to give this recipe a go.

Comment

Now that is sure looking tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
                  Looks good...how did they turn out?
                  They were pretty good. The consommé that is left after removing the meat was delicious and the star of the show. You just add some cilantro and chopped onion to it and dip the tacos in it. There are several different ways you can utilized the meat and consommé. You can make tostadas, or you can chop/shred the meat and add it a bowl of the consommé, cilantro and chopped onion with sliced radish.

I made some Carne Adovada tacos a while back and actually think I like them better. You can also get the pork butts to make the Carne Adovada on sale for 1/4 of the price of the beef I used to make the Birria tacos.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                    They were pretty good. The consommé that is left after removing the meat was delicious and the star of the show. You just add some cilantro and chopped onion to it and dip the tacos in it. There are several different ways you can utilized the meat and consommé. You can make tostadas, or you can chop/shred the meat and add it a bowl of the consommé, cilantro and chopped onion with sliced radish.

I made some Carne Adovada tacos a while back and actually think I like them better. You can also get the pork butts to make the Carne Adovada on sale for 1/4 of the price of the beef I used to make the Birria tacos.

Sounds great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dude I can smell that picture. I definitely need to try that.

Comment

Good Lord that looks good!

Comment

I make them from time to time and actually use dried chili's from Mexico to get the true authentic flavors. They don't last long in my house. Left over meat normally get's turned into birria enchiladas which are also awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                            Ever had them? I cooked the meat / consommé yesterday and going to make the tacos tonight. I used short ribs and Chuck roast for the meat.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...&v=e9X4wpF43jg
                            Holy Jesus that looks absolutely heavenly. Its on the to do list thank you.

Comment

The tacos were really good. We took the leftovers and froze till last night.

I put the left over meat in the consommé and warmed up for about an hour with low heat. Then I served it with finely chopped onions and cilantro. I actually thing this was better than the tacos. Both were good though.

Comment

Working...
                              X