Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween Hunting With the HECS 2021

Halloween Hunting With The HECS 2021:

Keep in mind while you watch this, that it is only 4.5 minutes of a 4.5 hour hunt in which time there were animals like this all around me the whole time.

I can't video them all, but I have peep holes around inside the blind, and can see what's around me pretty much all the time.

When you see an animal alert, it isn't me they are alerting at/on. They are reacting to other animals roaming around, or coming in. That old sow alerted twice because of the turkey coming in.

I know some will ask - why didn't you shoot that first buck? Answer - Because he was to small. Then why didn't you shoot the sow? Answer - I started to, but at that point my hunt would be over, and where there's one or two bucks cruising, there are others.

I drew, and let down on both bucks, the sow, and the turkey multiple times, and got away with it even when there were turkey no more than 5 ft from me.

No shots taken, but darned if it wasn't an exciting afternoon/evening anyway.

This is "Halloween_Hunting_2021.mp4" by Rick Barbee on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Rick

Edit - I have the darndest time getting video to embed here.
    Last edited by RickBarbee; 10-31-2021, 10:06 PM.

Yeah, maybe, but I don't let a pig walk. It comes in, it gets an arrow.
    Good clear video tough. And the buck was too young but has potential.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I could not have sat there with those pig in front of me. Good of you.

Comment

Yep, pig woulda got shot at!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yeah, that little buck will be a goodun some day, "IF" the yahoos let him live to mature.

I hear you guys on the sow.
          Believe me, I had a hard time not shooting her. She gave me plenty opportunity.

First time I have ever let an old pig walk, but I am seriously after a buck, and there's some good ones here.

Since the bucks were cruisin, I just wanted to be cool, and see what would come in.
          Yeah - turns out - I shoulda shot the sow. LOL

Rick

Comment

Chances are she'll be back.
            I can't wait to get back to Texas and head back to the ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              Chances are she'll be back.
              I can't wait to get back to Texas and head back to the ranch.

Oh yeah, she will.

I could probably go kill her today, but there's work to be done.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                Oh yeah, she will.

I could probably go kill her today, but there's work to be done.

Rick
                Yeah, there is.
                Get those shirts made. [emoji23]

Comment

Target rich environment! But I’m guessing that this post is about the HECS suit and your believing it really works. I’m a big skeptic on this “technology”. I’d like to see you sitting out of the blind and moving around like they do on their infomercials

Comment

Originally posted by SwampGhost View Post
                    I’m a big skeptic on this “technology”.
                    So am I. I have never believed it works the way they present it to work.

I've been using the suit for around 4 years now, and used it outside the blind (ghillie suit) exclusively. I can tell a difference.

This is the first year I have been using it in the blind, and again - I can tell a difference.

How the suit works I don't know. I have my thoughts of why, and it sure isn't how HECS says it works.

You still have to be smart about how you set up, but it for sure (at least for me) seems to allow me more freedom to move without being seen.

Rick

Comment

I’m with Corey on believing the mojo hype!!!

But if someone else believes it works, and it raises their confidence level, then more power to them!

Bisch

Comment

Well, no one will twist anyone's arms to buy one.

I'm no dumb *** though. I can tell when things are different, and "things are different" when I wear the suit.

I've spent several years now paying attention to animal behavior when I wear the suit, and compare those behaviors to those of when I don't wear it.

Has zero to do with confidence. I have plenty without the suit.

I'm simply sharing my experiences. No different than someone sharing their experience with any other hunting product.

Rick

Comment

Halloween Hunting With the HECS 2021

Well, I wasn’t specifically meaning you and your confidence! What I meant was that if any person (not you specifically Rick) has a higher confidence level using a particular item, then it’s a good thing for them. Higher confidence level = better results most times!

Sorry if I touched a nerve!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            Well, I wasn’t specifically meaning you and your confidence! What I meant was that if any person (not you specifically Rick) has a higher confidence level using a particular item, then it’s a good thing for them. Higher confidence level = better results most times!

Sorry if I touched a nerve!

Bisch

Oh you didn't touch a nerve.
                            I 100% agree with the confidence analogy.
                            I was just making sure I don't get mistaken, because it's way more than just a confidence thing for me.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                            X