No announcement yet.

Replace LaPierre as VP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West also flamed the current board pretty well. Doubt they'll reward that.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      I know about as much as I want to know. It’s immaterial to me who they choose, if anyone. My point was that the board is going to do what they want to do and I don’t care. I’m done with them. So if you or anyone else wants to campaign for a replacement, have at it. I was merely passing along what I read.
      I agree, Don. I did not renew my membership after LaPierre sent the letter out referring to government officials as jackbooted thugs, trying to sensationalize things to recruit members. He just went overboard to protect "his" income stream.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
        Last time I was a member was 2003, Just a bunch of crooks, and to top it all they file Chapter 11 in 2021.
        I left during the early 90s and never looked back. The scare tactics and scandals obviously work but just not for me.[emoji2961]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          I left during the early 90s and never looked back. The scare tactics and scandals obviously work but just not for me.[emoji2961]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
          Exactly!!!

Comment

How can someone be a “career candidate” if they had a career that wasn’t politics?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
              How can someone be a “career candidate” if they had a career that wasn’t politics?

People can have more than one career in their life. Simple as that. Look at West’s political career. He has one.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                People can have more than one career in their life. Simple as that. Look at West’s political career. He has one.
                A short one…
                And his other one is quite impressive.

Comment

A short one…
                  And his other one is quite impressive.

His military career was impressive. That has nothing to do with his political career though. I mean, I know a few guys who retired from military service and are prospering in a 2nd career.

What’s the point you’re trying to make?

John McCain had an impressive military career too, but he also had a political career as a Senator for 31 years.

Would you call 31 years as a Senator a career?

Comment

His military career was impressive. That has nothing to do with his political career though. I mean, I know a few guys who retired from military service and are prospering in a 2nd career.

What’s the point you’re trying to make?

John McCain had an impressive military career too, but he also had a political career as a Senator for 31 years.

Would you call 31 years as a Senator a career?
                    My question is more, what’s your point you’re trying to make?
                    You are the one that said he was a career candidate…

Comment

My question is more, what’s your point you’re trying to make?
                      You are the one that said he was a career candidate…

Well that’s a better question than what you asked.

“How can someone be a “career candidate” if they had a career that wasn’t politics?”

I will be happy to explain why that is my opinion.

West served in the US House representing Florida from 2011-2013

He ran for Governor of Texas and lost in the primary in March of this year.

He was the Chair of the Texas Republican Party from 2020-2021

Now he’s apparently wanting to run the NRA.

Again IMO, he’s just looking for a place to land.
                      I’m not saying it’s necessarily a bad thing. A man’s gotta work. He’s also a motivational speaker and is trying to stay relevant within the Republican Party. That’s why I stated imo he’s a career candidate. He hasn’t stayed anywhere long as a private citizen serving the public.

He may very well make a better VP for the NRA than LaPierre. I don’t know.

Comment

AC, I agree with you. I don’t really have anything against him, and I think he is a conservative and decent guy…just not proven and trying to find someplace in politics to land.

Comment

He hasn’t stayed anywhere long as a private citizen serving the public.

He may very well make a better VP for the NRA than LaPierre. I don’t know.
                          20 plus years serving his country…
                          Yea, I think he’s more than qualified…

Comment

20 plus years serving his country…
                            Yea, I think he’s more than qualified…

“Private citizen”. I’m not talking about his distinguished military career. Wow. This is hard for some of y’all to understand

20 years in the military doesn’t make him “more than qualified” to be the Governor of Texas, or VP of the NRA, or anything else. God bless him for what he did serving in the military. That doesn’t always automatically translate into other aspects of life. I gave John McCain as a perfect example. Wasn’t he the reason we have Obamacare?

Again I’m not saying any of this as a knock against Col West.
                            Last edited by AntlerCollector; 05-15-2022, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              AC, I agree with you. I don’t really have anything against him, and I think he is a conservative and decent guy…just not proven and trying to find someplace in politics to land.
                              Yessir

Comment

“Private citizen”. I’m not talking about his distinguished military career. Wow. This is hard for some of y’all to understand

20 years in the military doesn’t make him “more than qualified” to be the Governor of Texas, or VP of the NRA, or anything else. God bless him for what he did serving in the military. That doesn’t always automatically translate into other aspects of life. I gave John McCain as a perfect example. Wasn’t he the reason we have Obamacare?

Again I’m not saying any of this as a knock against Col West.
                                So what would make one qualified?
                                What made Wayne qualified?
                                Was Trump qualified?

You were the one calling him a career politician…Even though he isn’t…
                                What do you have against him?

Comment

Working...
                                X