2022 Formula 1 Season!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
    Now that is really cool! How was his personality? What was the conversation about?
    He was a little uneasy at first but I can be a little animated with folks.....lol! I asked him how he thought the Miami 1st race was. He actually thought it was not very exciting until after the yellow flag. I told him I disagreed as we had a lot of high speeds and close calls in our area. But, I also said it takes a lot for a driver like yourself to get fired up........but, us regular folks tend to think that it is amazing to run a car like a mad man for 57 laps. I inquired about him securing a seat with a high end team and also that Porcha and Audi look like they are coming into the sport within the next two years. He smiled politely but did not say anything beyond that , as obviously Aston Martin has him in a reserve role right now.
    I told him that COTA is another sellout for 2022 and that TEXAS is ready to see him push the limits. He noted that Texas has really gotten BIG into F1 and the attendance was amazing last year. I mentioned I am strongly considering Canada if we can get a reasonable package. He thought after two years that Montreal would be jammed packed and a hottt ticket to get.
    Overall, being it was just he and I talking I was hoping for some good insights..... but I understand the caution they have to show when talking to fans or media.......or TMZ.....lol!

Comment

Lots of racing left:

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        He was a little uneasy at first but I can be a little animated with folks.....lol! I asked him how he thought the Miami 1st race was. He actually thought it was not very exciting until after the yellow flag. I told him I disagreed as we had a lot of high speeds and close calls in our area. But, I also said it takes a lot for a driver like yourself to get fired up........but, us regular folks tend to think that it is amazing to run a car like a mad man for 57 laps. I inquired about him securing a seat with a high end team and also that Porcha and Audi look like they are coming into the sport within the next two years. He smiled politely but did not say anything beyond that , as obviously Aston Martin has him in a reserve role right now.
        I told him that COTA is another sellout for 2022 and that TEXAS is ready to see him push the limits. He noted that Texas has really gotten BIG into F1 and the attendance was amazing last year. I mentioned I am strongly considering Canada if we can get a reasonable package. He thought after two years that Montreal would be jammed packed and a hottt ticket to get.
        Overall, being it was just he and I talking I was hoping for some good insights..... but I understand the caution they have to show when talking to fans or media.......or TMZ.....lol!
        Hang on... Nico Rosberg, or Nico Hulkenberg? Hulkenberg is the reserve driver for Aston Martin.

Either way... REALLY COOL!!!

Comment

Hang on... Nico Rosberg, or Nico Hulkenberg? Hulkenberg is the reserve driver for Aston Martin.

Hulkenberg.....sorry if I typed that wrong originally.[emoji3061]

This just came across my phone but I tried to confirm on F1 App but nothing was there.

Comment

This just came across my phone but I tried to confirm on F1 App but nothing was there.

Uhhhhh, that’s a bit shocking? Surely they’ll have to fulfill his contract compensation? Bold move by a team with little resources

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
              Uhhhhh, that’s a bit shocking? Surely they’ll have to fulfill his contract compensation? Bold move by a team with little resources

......agreed! And his financial support to the team is apparently HUGE!!! I keep checking for updates....but nada.

Comment

I thought that's what he meant. LOL
                Then I thought, when did I miss that Rosberg was back in a seat as reserve.
                Knew that hadn't/wouldn't happen.

Comment

Seeing lots of negative comments from the drivers about the circuit in Miami. Barrier choices, kerbing, chicane too tight for F1 cars, etc. Interesting.

Comment

Interesting. Doesn't really surprise me, though.

After a brief google search, here is all I could find: https://www.grandtournation.com/moto...iver-steps-up/

Comment

If were really cool we would be heading to Spain right now follow the Circus to Monaco and tell our girl how much we love her!

Comment

Ferrari looking good in FP. Also looks like Mercedes has started to figure things out

Comment

Looks like we are out for the USGP at COTA. We had tickets for about $350 each last year, now we cant find anything under $900. Crazy how much the tickets have gone up. Really stinks, great venue and always a good race.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                            If were really cool we would be heading to Spain right now follow the Circus to Monaco and tell our girl how much we love her!
                            We are in Nashville for our daughter's graduation........but looking at this race with an eye on next year!!![emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
                              Looks like we are out for the USGP at COTA. We had tickets for about $350 each last year, now we cant find anything under $900. Crazy how much the tickets have gone up. Really stinks, great venue and always a good race.
                              Yep, the hype is in over drive for F1 globally. We looked into the Montreal race and zero packages available. [emoji43]*[emoji94] COTA puts on a great spectacle every year!!!

Comment

Just saw this in our Nashville hotel![emoji12]

Comment

Working...
                                X