Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snakelover's (David Harkins) (Snakelover (David Harkins memorial service post #899)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news and continued prayers.

Comment

Continuing prayers...

Comment

Praise the Lord for progress!

Comment

Keep plugging, David. You're an inspiration. Prayers for continued improvement!

Comment

Prayers Up.

Comment

I watched a pair of wood ducks nesting the other day out at my property and thought about you. It's funny how something like a duck or an unidentified snake can make someone think about another person they hardly know. That is what is so awesome about TBH and the friendships we build here. Thanks David!

You are an inspiration to us all! It is a huge jolt of energy and lifts all our spirits to see you improving and feeling better. I will continue to follow along here and on FB.
              Continued prayers and strength my friend!

Comment

#Winning!!!

Comment

Just so you know: Not all days are easy.

There can be heart hurting moments that pile up into heart hurting days.

One of those rare days came recently and as hard as it is for David to stand and hug me at the same time, he did it as I sobbed and we both allowed a moment of self-pity.

And with his touch and God’s grace, my tired, imperfect heart found comfort.

A friend that I reached out to told me that “the load is heavy and you have been carrying it well.” And I was reminded to give myself grace.

I get a daily prayer email called “Today’s Marriage Prayer”.

Much like the living, breathing Bible, today’s prayer spoke to me.

“A Beacon Of Truth To Those Around Us –
                  Today’s Marriage Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father,
                  May our love for each other be a reflection of Your love for this world Lord. May we be light in the darkness; a beacon of truth to those around us.
                  Your Word, your love, and your faithfulness are all foreign to this world. They don’t see, because they’re walking in darkness. They don’t understand, because the Spirit is not within them. They don’t accept the truth, because they have chosen their own way, and have turned their back on Your Son.
                  But still, You show them, love. You seek them out, and You woo them by Your grace.
                  May we be faithful instruments of Your grace, that we might help light the path to You. And grant us compassion so that we might love them as You have called us to do.
                  In the name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.
                  Today’s Bible Verse
                  Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. – Matthew 5:14-16, KJV”

God smiles on us every second of every day.

If He didn’t I would be balled up in the fetal position in a dark room with bags of cheetos.

Instead, I rise, praise Him and love my husband the best ways that I can.

And He gives grace on the days whose hard moments add up to hard days.

And I feel His mercies.

And I breathe easier in the arms of my Jesus saved, Spirit filled, God loving husband.
                  Attached Files

Comment

What a lovely prayer. You hang in there and take a break when you can. You can't be superhuman all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin M View Post
                      Just so you know: Not all days are easy.

There can be heart hurting moments that pile up into heart hurting days.

One of those rare days came recently and as hard as it is for David to stand and hug me at the same time, he did it as I sobbed and we both allowed a moment of self-pity.

And with his touch and God’s grace, my tired, imperfect heart found comfort.

A friend that I reached out to told me that “the load is heavy and you have been carrying it well.” And I was reminded to give myself grace.

I get a daily prayer email called “Today’s Marriage Prayer”.

Much like the living, breathing Bible, today’s prayer spoke to me.

“A Beacon Of Truth To Those Around Us –
                      Today’s Marriage Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father,
                      May our love for each other be a reflection of Your love for this world Lord. May we be light in the darkness; a beacon of truth to those around us.
                      Your Word, your love, and your faithfulness are all foreign to this world. They don’t see, because they’re walking in darkness. They don’t understand, because the Spirit is not within them. They don’t accept the truth, because they have chosen their own way, and have turned their back on Your Son.
                      But still, You show them, love. You seek them out, and You woo them by Your grace.
                      May we be faithful instruments of Your grace, that we might help light the path to You. And grant us compassion so that we might love them as You have called us to do.
                      In the name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.
                      Today’s Bible Verse
                      Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. – Matthew 5:14-16, KJV”

God smiles on us every second of every day.

If He didn’t I would be balled up in the fetal position in a dark room with bags of cheetos.

Instead, I rise, praise Him and love my husband the best ways that I can.

And He gives grace on the days whose hard moments add up to hard days.

And I feel His mercies.

And I breathe easier in the arms of my Jesus saved, Spirit filled, God loving husband.
                      Powerful Stuff.

Comment

From David

Good afternoon, friends and family!

Today I am sharing a picture that I took almost a year ago that I re-edited today in high contrast black and white.

Today's jump day didn't go exactly as planned. For info about that, see Mindy's fb post on our "Wildlife around Our Turn" page. If you aren't on it, just request and she will send you an invite.

As you may know I have been on infusion therapy along with my chemo. I've been doing better, but still need a walker to get around. I've been exercising every day, usually twice a day for 25 minutes at a time. I believe this has made me stronger, but I am experiencing a side effect (from the iv therapy) of aching joints. My joints seem to ache when I've been still, but after moving the aching goes away.

I am trying everything I know to do to get stronger and better. I exercise, pray and am surrounded by so many supportive people.

I appreciate all of your thoughtful prayers and encouragement. They are such a boost to my day!

I tried writing this on my own, but my fingers somehow fumbled and everything disappeared. I am currently dictating this to Mindy as she types.

Thanks again for praying for me. God has blessed me and us with so many wonderful believer friends and family.

(from Mindy-David posted this yesterday on fb, but I knew y'all would love to hear his "voice".)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wonderful

Keep fighting sir

Comment

Thanks for the update David. Continued prayers for you guys!!

Comment

That's a great shot/photo David! It says so much about forethought.

My prayers continue for you both. And all the family.

Comment

Keep up the fight. More prayers sent up from Kathy and I.

Comment

Working...
                                X