• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all that snow is gone already

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
      all that snow is gone already
      At the lower elevations, yes, there was still quite a bit up top.

Comment

Stunning.

Comment

Ive done some fishing in that area and it is beautiful.

Probably one of my favorite places on earth

Comment

Hound Dogs!!!!

That is some beautiful country!!! It will happen soon enough!!!
            RELEASE the HOUNDS!!!!!
            Originally posted by outlook8 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome country and thread!

Comment

Adding bear hunt in Idaho to the bucket list! Beautiful, now come on with the pics.

Comment

I used to hunt bears with hounds in Easter Washington before the state outlawed it. It was an absolute blast!!! I had no idea when a good buddy talked me into it and seeing a good set of dogs work is something special!! The chase is certainly exciting and part of that is the fact that I thought I was going to die any minute running up and down those steep mountains!!

Great write up, looking forward to the rest of the story!!

Comment

Really great write up…anxiously awaiting more!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                      Brook....... A little side note about mine and Hunter's guide. I did say she. She is a 20 yo from Wisconsin who went to a guide school when she was 18 so she could get a job out west as a guide and explore new things. Carries a big 'ole 40 cal semi on her hip and was 100% awesome. She's probably 5'3" at best and maybe 130, only because she's all muscle. This description will become very relavent later on.

She did some strong work on this hunt.https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ighlight=Brook
                      That's funny. I was about to post this same passage from my hunt recap! Beat me to it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great write up. In for the finish. Taxi is almost done with our bears from HCO.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                          Great write up. In for the finish. Taxi is almost done with our bears from HCO.

What did you guys end up doing for a mount? Did you eat any?

Comment

Originally posted by TKRanch View Post
                            I used to hunt bears with hounds in Easter Washington before the state outlawed it. It was an absolute blast!!! I had no idea when a good buddy talked me into it and seeing a good set of dogs work is something special!! The chase is certainly exciting and part of that is the fact that I thought I was going to die any minute running up and down those steep mountains!!

Great write up, looking forward to the rest of the story!!
                            It's fun, until it's not...but as soon as you get home, you want to do it again!

Comment

What did you guys end up doing for a mount? Did you eat any?

Hunter and I are doing half body with artificial stone base for wall mounting. Robin and Micah are doing full body. One standing, the other laying on a log with a front leg draped off for wall mount.

I've smoked a hind quarter. It was stringy so I chopped it all, but was delicious that way! Have fried some dredged in flour the same way I'd do deer. Again, delicious. My mom wanted to try canning some so we canned up a bunch also. Canned bear meat on some mashed potatoes = WOW!!!

Comment

“The dogs were stuck”. This right here tells me I have ZERO business in that canyon lol. How’d a dog get stuck?

Comment

Working...
                                X