IWB or OWB holster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IWB or OWB holster?

Looking for a new carry holster for my Beretta Nano. I don’t love the one I have. You have to cinch your belt extra tight so it doesn’t flop around while carrying.
    I’ve always carried OWB but I’m interested in IWB. Anyone have any recommendations for either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your belt makes a tremendous difference. A heavy stiff belt is what you need no matter if IWB or OWB. Mine are made by Kore.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      Your belt makes a tremendous difference. A heavy stiff belt is what you need no matter if IWB or OWB. Mine are made by Kore.
      gunbelts.com/gun-belt-1-5-wide-leather-with-core-14-oz

6 years and belt is like new, really tough and no sag with owb holster.

No flop, only belt that holds a holster up due to it's own rigidity.

Comment

I use both, depending on how I dress and where I’m going. I agree on the steel core belts, but I also have to cinch the belt up pretty tight or it sags. Lots of good options out there for either kind. Wright Leather or D. M. Bullard for OWB are what I use mostly but Azula makes a decent holster at a low price. IWB holsters are a different animal, most are made of Kydex. They have no soul, but they definitely work. I haven’t used enough different ones to have a preference.

Comment

+1 on the belt- Nano should be very reasonable to carry in many methods. Avoid the extra cinch if you can... it can create back and hip pain. I love OWB carry IF I can reasonably conceal. There are hundreds of good holster makers out there. For Kydex, I like Dara. For leather, I love TT Gunleather. But you will find many choices and I'm sure a lot of them are just as good as the makers I wear.

For comfort, nothing beats pocket carry, IMHO.

Comment

If you want to try a Texas belt maker, I really like my belt from Better Belt USA. They are based in Houston, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidro View Post
              gunbelts.com/gun-belt-1-5-wide-leather-with-core-14-oz

6 years and belt is like new, really tough and no sag with owb holster.

No flop, only belt that holds a holster up due to it's own rigidity.
              Thank you for that link! Awesome belts

Comment

Sounds like I need to try a wider , stiffer belt.
                Thanks for the recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm 100 lbs over weight and use an Urban carry set up

Belt -

Shop for the best Heavy-Duty Gun Belt. We ensure full concealment with Gun Belts at unbeatable great prices from Urban Carry Holsters. Carry Fire Arms without any hassle.

You need IWB Holster 215

Order the only leather IWB holster with an embedded locking clip to secure your firearm safely in place!

One day I'll lose this weight and can carry appendix.

Comment

Also are you thinking leather, kydex, or hybrid?

What position?

Belt makes a huge difference, but if you are going the kydex route the mounting hardware will make or break the holster. I've made my fair share of kydex holsters and if you have any questions I can help if you have any questions in regards to kydex and/or hybrid.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

I use Crossbreed IWB for most of my carry options. Depending on pistol I have a Reckoning, MiniTuck and SuperTuck. I probably wouldn't get the SuperTuck again - just too large based on other options.
                      I have one custom leather for a CZ that I love but weight means I usually grab something else first.

Comment

Kydex iwb appendix carry. I wear shorts with draw strings and it does fine.

Comment

OWB, and a Kydex-type paddle holster. Is pretty comfortable too and is always stable. Just too much trouble for me to fool with a belt-thru-holster.

Comment

I use kydex from JM Custom Kydex (based near Sherman) and from C&G Holsters, both IWB with a wing. Belt is relatively rigid nylon from The Wilderness, it is fantastic. Also have a thick double-layer leather belt from Lenwood Leather for OWB carry, but most of mine is appendix IWB and for me that works better with a stiff nylon belt.

Comment

Holster opinions from other people give you a direction to look but, everyone likes their pants,shoes and hats to fit different. Same with a holster

I have IWB,OWB and appendix for the same gun. OWB is kydex, IWB and appendix are hybrid.

A good belt helps but doesn't have to have a steel liner. My duty rig probably weighs 25# and I use the same belt off duty as on

In short, order something that has a free return period till you find what you like

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X