LTC Expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    Humm, my daughter and wife took the class and submitted all the paperwork and finger prints and NEVER got a ID card like mine. Honestly, I just assumed that since the law changed it did not matter. Now I am thinking I need to dig into what happended with there information/cards. Argggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Same thing happened to my son, looks like he is going to have to retake the class

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      What’s outrageous is you had to get one in the first place!
      I agree completely.

There are people sitting in jails and prisons however……

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Same thing happened to my son, looks like he is going to have to retake the class
        Oh crap!!! Hum, she has her pistol in Nashville now.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          You buy a lot of guns, it sure speeds up the process and removes the delays.

Mine expires in a month... same date as my DL. Took all of a couple of minutes. Just renewed both last week. Easy peasy.

Got my CHL in the mail on Thursday... So two weeks after renewing online.......4/21-5/5

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
            Someone please bring this thread back to the top Jan of 2024.

That is all

OK, I'll get WCB right on that.

Comment

I had a conversation about this thread last week and realized that I never updated it...

I went ahead and filed to renew my (expired) license online. A few weeks later, my new license arrived in the mail.

For all you guys who have may have realized your license is expired, go ahead and try to renew, its worth the $40 to see if theyll send the new one.

Comment

Are the renewals gir 5 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'll probably let mine expire now, rarely carry anyway and pretty much never where I wouldn't be legal without it. One less tax to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    I'll probably let mine expire now, rarely carry anyway and pretty much never where I wouldn't be legal without it. One less tax to pay.

No wait on gun purchase and reciprocity with other states is enough for me to maintain a current LTC

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      No wait on gun purchase and reciprocity with other states is enough for me to maintain a current LTC
                      …. at $8 a year.

It also makes some places legal or less of a crime than with constitutional carry.

Comment

It's not about the amount of the tax, but it's just another tax having to pay for my rights. I can't think of a single place I'd go where there's a difference between having it or not but then I don't really do anything other than hunt and fish. I don't buy enough guns for purchases to come into play. I've had this things since Texas first implemented it many moons ago so haven't really known adult life without it just not that excited about it anymore. Hell I rarely carry anyway, last time was probably a year ago I was meeting some dude selling something on CL and it seemed like a setup (it wasn't).

Comment

Mine expired in 2010...lol

Comment

I have buddies that have bought several guns before basically get gun controlled via NICS delays as recently as last Summer in the name of the pandemic. Stores aren't willing to release a gun after the 3 day waiting period with no failure in the check.

Comment

Mine expired and I never got a renewal notice therefore it went over a year before I noticed it. I get to take the class over. YAY!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                                Mine expired and I never got a renewal notice therefore it went over a year before I noticed it. I get to take the class over. YAY!
                                I just got a renewal notice today. For an April 2023 expiration.

If I don't mark a calendar or do it now I'd certainly forget to renew.

Comment

Working...
                                X