Coyote attack in Dallas TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyote attack in Dallas TX

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-coyote-mauls-a-dallas-toddler-on-the-child-s-front-porch/ar-AAWTzvs?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=24f6d6b0499c4f3c9fc6e03 466aba926[/URL]

Saw it this morning sounds bad.

Maybe someone can update the link. I do not know what I am doing!

Comment

Who are these people leaving their babies unattended. Dangit I hate coyotes!!

Comment

This is my neighbor. We've seen this coyote multiple times in my yard the past month.
        To set the record straight, these are great parents with 3 little boys. Two of the boys were on the front porch with mom- she walked into the house to grab a pacifier on the couch with the door open and the coyote attacked the 2 year old. She was looking away less than 10 seconds.
        The child will be ok- broken jaw and facial lacerations.
        Folks called the city multiple times about this coyote- we live on white rock creek and have multiple packs around, but this guy was not normal. It was not being fed or petted as some media have reported- that's garbage. Say a prayer for the little boy- just one of those deals that happened in an instant.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
          This is my neighbor. We've seen this coyote multiple times in my yard the past month.
          To set the record straight, these are great parents with 3 little boys. Two of the boys were on the front porch with mom- she walked into the house to grab a pacifier on the couch with the door open and the coyote attacked the 2 year old. She was looking away less than 10 seconds.
          Folks called the city multiple times about this coyote- we live on white rock creek and have multiple packs around, but this guy was not normal. It was not being fed or petted as some media have reported- that's garbage. Say a prayer for the little boy- just one of those deals that happened in an instant.
          Glad to hear the little one is doing better and hopefully a full recovery is in the near future.

Comment

Prayers up for the little guy and his family.

Comment

but this guy was not normal.
              Hate to say it, but Rabies comes to the forefront of my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 89 View Post
                Hate to say it, but Rabies comes to the forefront of my mind.
                Definitely a possibility and the little guy is being tested in the hospital. The coyote just looked like a scraggly young male looking for a territory when I would see him but he was definitely way too comfortable around people and in yards in broad daylight.
                The cops shot and missed yesterday- neighborhood has officers posted up all over today still looking for him.

Comment

Coyote out in broad daylight and not afraid of humans. Rabies at top of list of possibilities. Need to find him(the coyote) and get him tested, otherwise boy is going to have to go through the post exposure treatment (or at least should).

Comment

Sad deal and have neighbors that know the family well. Freak accident but sounds like he will recover fully. He is probably too young to remember but hope it doesn't traumatize his older brother who watched it happen. Prayers to the whole family!

Comment

We live in Lake Highlands also. My wife sent a text telling me a yote killed someone's dog this morning.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that was false information

Prayers for the boy's recovery and for his family

Comment

Daggitt......horrible.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s just terrible. I hate them dang things. I sure hope the child recovers completely.
                            I don’t know if it’s all the people moving in and all the new buildings being built, displacing them but they definitely seem to be getting worse. I had a lamb destroyed four days ago and never heard a thing.

Comment

Another reason not to live in the city!!!! You can't shoot them

Prayers up for the family. Sad deal

Comment

Working...
                              X