No announcement yet.

LTC Expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best benefit to me having an LTC is not having to do a background check purchasing firearms

Comment

Mine expired but I renewed it within a month of it exporing and I didn't have to take any classes. I swore when I initially took the class (was chl back then) they said you can renew it within a year and if you didn't you had to retake some of the class. Apparently now you can't renew it till within 6 months of expiring but no big deal if it does expire.

Comment

wow this is timely! I noticed mine expired last Monday. Tuesday morning I went online and renewed and am waiting on the email confirmation thingy to see if I can just renew or have to retake. I too will wait it out since I have nothing to loose.

Comment

Someone please bring this thread back to the top Jan of 2024.

That is all

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Sounds like the “benefits” of having it ain’t worth the trouble. I’ve never had a LTC. Carry most of the time now. I don’t go to college anymore so I guess I’m good.

You buy a lot of guns, it sure speeds up the process and removes the delays.

Mine expires in a month... same date as my DL. Took all of a couple of minutes. Just renewed both last week. Easy peasy.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
              Someone please bring this thread back to the top Jan of 2024.

That is all

haha and again in December 2025

Comment

If I remember right you have a year before you have to retake the class.

Comment

Humm, my daughter and wife took the class and submitted all the paperwork and finger prints and NEVER got a ID card like mine. Honestly, I just assumed that since the law changed it did not matter. Now I am thinking I need to dig into what happended with there information/cards. Argggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Comment

Just renewed mine on 4-3-22 (didn't expire until end of June 22), got the license in the mail on 4-21-22. It's worth keeping for traveling to other states and buying guns if nothing else. I do believe it's gotten me some leniency for a speeding ticket a couple of times over the years. I don't know that for FACT, but I received a warning instead of a ticket (and I deserved a ticket).

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Mine expires in a month... same date as my DL. Took all of a couple of minutes. Just renewed both last week. Easy peasy.

I buy used guns. No one ever asked to see my LTC.

Comment

Son of a gun, thanks guys. Just found out mine expires in two weeks. MU=uch appreciate the timely reminder.

Comment

Yeah but you’re having to pay $8 a year for that or even $5 if a military vet. Outrageous!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                            Yeah but you’re having to pay $8 a year for that or even $5 if a military vet. Outrageous!!!

What’s outrageous is you had to get one in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              I buy used guns. No one ever asked to see my LTC.

Such a rebel....

Comment

Such a rebel....

‘Merica!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X