2022 Formula 1 Season!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
    Be interesting to see what they say on the "Any Given Monday" show.
    Oh, looks like Hamilton plans to stay put as long as he and Toto can work together.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well it looks like Porsche and Audi will both be joining F1 after getting formal approval internally. From what I have read Porsche will likely partner with Red Bull in hopes to build a "long term relationship" i.e. take over power unit business with RB Powersports and Audi has $556 million up for a partnership with McLaren. Interesting in that last bit is that Audi has stated they intend to provide their own power unit and McLaren currently runs a Mercedes PU. It seems likely that Porsche would come in as a sponsor in the short term with Red Bull before becoming anything that contributed to the team in a meaningful way and likely the same with Audi.

Also interesting that VW (parent company for both Porsche and Audi) has invested more than any other manufacturer in electric vehicle technology due to their diesel gate issues and now, they are joining F1 and not Formula E. It appears they are targeting the 2026 regulation change as their real segway into the grid and leveraging their knowledge in the electric space as a way in with successful teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
        Well it looks like Porsche and Audi will both be joining F1 after getting formal approval internally. From what I have read Porsche will likely partner with Red Bull in hopes to build a "long term relationship" i.e. take over power unit business with RB Powersports and Audi has $556 million up for a partnership with McLaren. Interesting in that last bit is that Audi has stated they intend to provide their own power unit and McLaren currently runs a Mercedes PU. It seems likely that Porsche would come in as a sponsor in the short term with Red Bull before becoming anything that contributed to the team in a meaningful way and likely the same with Audi.

Also interesting that VW (parent company for both Porsche and Audi) has invested more than any other manufacturer in electric vehicle technology due to their diesel gate issues and now, they are joining F1 and not Formula E. It appears they are targeting the 2026 regulation change as their real segway into the grid and leveraging their knowledge in the electric space as a way in with successful teams.
        I thought Audi was trying to buy McLaren. Did I read that wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
          I thought Audi was trying to buy McLaren. Did I read that wrong?

Browns comments were that McLaren wasn’t looking for an equity partner but if Audi was going to enter the sport they should be talking. Paraphrasing of course. I don’t think McLaren will give it up but could see a McLaren junior team?

Comment

Browns comments were that McLaren wasn’t looking for an equity partner but if Audi was going to enter the sport they should be talking. Paraphrasing of course. I don’t think McLaren will give it up but could see a McLaren junior team?
            Yes, that makes sense. A McLaren junior team for be awesome!

On the Shift F1 podcast this week, they talked about this. Porsche is looking to partner with a team (most likely Red Bull) to become their engine supplier. Audi wants a full team and is in talks with several teams to either acquire them or "partner" with them in a larger capacity than Porsche is thinking.

Not sure if any of those scenarios don't work out, they will launch an 11th team (or 12th, thinking Andretti).

Comment

Yes, that makes sense. A McLaren junior team for be awesome!

On the Shift F1 podcast this week, they talked about this. Porsche is looking to partner with a team (most likely Red Bull) to become their engine supplier. Audi wants a full team and is in talks with several teams to either acquire them or "partner" with them in a larger capacity than Porsche is thinking.

Not sure if any of those scenarios don't work out, they will launch an 11th team (or 12th, thinking Andretti).
              I would love, and think it reasonably probable, for Andretti to ditch Alfa and join up with Audi. Porsche apparently had an engine program in the 90's that they abandoned....unsure the circumstances of that but read/heard that recently.

I like Shift but those guys get me going with their BS about big oil and Petro-States....they are race commentary and its pretty rough on the listener when they get too far from their fairway. I listen every week none the less.

Comment

BTW -- it's RACE WEEK!!!! Miami!!!

Here is the schedule for the weekend:
                (all times Central)
                Friday, 5/6 - 1:30pm - Free Practice 1
                Friday, 5/6 - 4:30pm - Free Practice 2
                Saturday, 5/7 - 12:00pm - Free Practice 3
                Saturday, 5/7 - 3:00pm - Qualifying
                Sunday, 5/8 - 2:30pm - Race

I know Landrover is going to the race. Anybody else?

Comment

LandRover we are expecting lots of photo documentary for the inaugural Miami GP

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                    Watching the cars bounce like that is insane. As a Ferrari fan I feel like if the engineers were to address the ground effect/ porpoising issues, they’d be a permanent fixture on the podium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    It's really wild. Other teams have the issue, but the Ferrari's get it real bad. I would love to see the wind tunnel data and airflow models, or be a fly on the wall in the wind tunnel itself. Based on the way the aero is on the current car (The sidepods), it looks like a lot of air gets channeled under the car, far more then other MFG's.

Comment

LandRover we are expecting lots of photo documentary for the inaugural Miami GP
                      Definitely!! Can't wait to see the pics.

Comment

Definitely!! Can't wait to see the pics.
                        Key West was nice but i could not wait to get here!!!![emoji108][emoji13]
                        P1 is LOUD here at the pits!!!![emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome pics!! Enjoy this weekend!

Comment

Free Practice 1 results:

Comment

I thought this race was supposed to be in downtown Miami, kind of disappointing watching P1, Las Vegas race on the strip next year will be the real deal

Comment

2022 Formula 1 Season!!

Was disappointed Crashlos Sainz couldn’t figure it out. Also heard that he doesn’t have the same updated motor that leclerc does? Hopefully they get him up to speed by the next GP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by TexanDuke; 05-06-2022, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X