No announcement yet.

Houston Raceway Park….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our own David Sheetz was running top alcohol dragster in the NHRA SpringNationals out there this weekend. He made it through three qualifying runs and won his first elimination race, but lost a really good race in the second round of eliminations (quarter finals). David ran a career best 278mph in his last run, which was the second fastest run in the round but unfortunately the driver he was matched up against ran the fastest run of the entire event.

Comment

My wife's uncle has been there all weekend......but that's every year....lol. I guess his drive from Texarkana will be changing. He heard storage warehousing also.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
        Yesir, 3.69 at 333 mph.
        Shows how long it's been since I've watched top fuel. I had no idea they broke 300 mph

And I'd agree with complaining about noise. That's like buying a house near an airport and complaining about planes

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Still another event Spring Break of 2023 on the books. So I’d say it’s unlikely this is the last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
            That is my favorite track, very sad to know it's going away, but it's been known for at least three years, it was coming. That is one bad *** track.

So that track is going away, the track in Marion is gone, it got bought, and shut down last winter. Then Hennessey bought the track in Sealy, kept it open to the public for a few years, then shut it down to the public. So it's been gone. The HMP is bad news, for many reasons. I don't have any desire to go down that track.

The only tracks I know of that still exist in the southern half of Texas are HMP, then Little River near Temple. Then the track in Edinburg. There are no big or good tracks left in the southern half of the state, after HRP goes. That track was the track to hit, if you wanted to get some good numbers. It and English Town New Jersey have been two of the fastest tracks in the country. In the winter and early spring, Orlando can be pretty fast, but HRP, could usually get you better numbers.

Any home owner who buys a house near a existing track, then complains about the noise, is the problem with this world. Along with the developers who buy land near race tracks for the purpose of building houses. The developers are the bigger problem. I realize there are clueless people, who are clueless to what's around them. Just look at what is in front of them.

We used to live about 7 miles from the track in Marion, if the weather was right and the fast cars were at the track. We could hear them running. At my shop, which is about 2.5 to 3 miles from the track, you can very clearly hear the faster cars, when they are running. I would have to make noise to drown out the sound of the cars, because it makes me want to go to the track.
            Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
            Been going there since high school, had vip tickets for Saturday but couldnt make it. Hate to see it go, but to move close by and then complain about the noise, is just plain retarded.

So I’m what’s wrong with the world and I’m just plain retarded🤣🤣🤣 … this makes my day. I hope you high IQ and world problem solvers have a great day

Comment

My dads been out there since Friday. He's been going since it opened.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

2 + 2 = 3 last time i checked

Comment

35 years? dang I'm getting old. I still refer to it as the new racetrack in Baytown.

Comment

If they turn it into a "large storage, shipping/receiving" facility...
                    I'm not sure, traffic or noise is gonna be much better...
                    And it might be 24/7...
                    But, I understand your position.

Comment

Katoen natie bough it and its gonna be 4 million ft of warehouse and storage facility

Comment

I could hear it when I lived in Whispering Pines subdivision. Never cared for it or the traffic. I am certain the Angel’s did extremely well on the sale.

That whole area is nothing but a mega distribution area now.

Comment

Yep, 18 wheeler traffic is horrible and gonna just get worst.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
                            So I’m what’s wrong with the world and I’m just plain retarded������ … this makes my day. I hope you high IQ and world problem solvers have a great day
                            I’m not going to say that you’re what’s wrong in the world, I’m definitely not going to say you’re retarded.

I will say that when HRP was built, it was pretty isolated. One really should be aware of the existing improvements in the area before buying a house. Obviously that would be a 1320 strip in this case, it also applies to gun ranges and airports, as previously mentioned.

I’d been going out there since high school and to be perfectly honest, I considered buying a house in that area so it would be a shorter drive to go watch things. Even the Friday night street races, I loved those.

Comment

Has already been announced that tx2k races will be there in the spring of 23. The track has been sold but essentially leased back for them to remain open until the land is needed for expansion. They didn’t need to build out the storage this year and in 23 yet so racing will still there nhra is just not coming back since it’s not guaranteed after this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsube0555 View Post
                                Has already been announced that tx2k races will be there in the spring of 23. The track has been sold but essentially leased back for them to remain open until the land is needed for expansion. They didn’t need to build out the storage this year and in 23 yet so racing will still there nhra is just not coming back since it’s not guaranteed after this year.
                                Makes sense.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X