No announcement yet.

Most consistent public land buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great video. Cool how you can follow his weight loss via video during the season.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
      This is my second of what i would call bulletproof killing trees. The other is a native pear tree that concentrates all cruising bucks within 1,000 yards in all directions. I need to compile a video of all the bucks that tree had for the 2020 season. It was insane. 4+ Pope and Young bucks, killed my first P&Y there, and then killed another decent 8 1 year and 2 days later.

This video is the 2 “almost shooters” sparring. They both lived through the season and should be shooters next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Maybe he was trying to help the other buck get the stick out of his antlers.
      Cool video.

Comment

A decent 10 at the same location. Not very prevalent on this camera, but another in the area caught him several times as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
          You’ve got one helluva spot. I don’t need to know where but I’m assuming this is in TX? If so you really have a good spot. I know one guy that has a similar spot to yours on public and it’s a killer spot for him. Looks like the same type of set up, good ground cover, good overhead cover, and a lot of scrapes.

Here is that pear tree spot i mentioned that is my other definite kill tree. I finally pieced most of the season together.

And an 8-point there in 2020

Last edited by IkemanTX; 01-18-2022, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Here is that pear tree spot i mentioned that is my other definite kill tree. I finally pieced most of the season together.

“Saint” is a dandy. Also that mature buck with the crab claw on the left side was really cool. I’m definitely going to have my eyes peeled for pear trees in thickets!

Comment

Did I miss the GPS coordinates post?

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                Did I miss the GPS coordinates post?

Hahahaha, there is only 1 person I have even told a general area on this location.

Comment

Hey, what a compilation! Thanx for sharing. Keep your cards close to the vest. Nice spot

Comment

You are my nee hero! I am impressed with the amount of mature bucks, especially that giant 8 and the tight 10! I am also impressed with your camera…not bad

Comment

Yes very cool thanks for sharing, good luck this October

Comment

Great video. Go get him.

Comment

Great buck! If you don't mind my asking, how long after you made the scrape did he start hitting it? I tried this on public this past season but didn't get any action. Just wondering if I had done it sooner would it have turned out differently?
                          Last edited by Yakinthebox; 03-28-2022, 04:02 PM.

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
                              Great buck! If you don't mind my asking, how long after you made the scrape did he start hitting it? I tried this on public this past season but didn't get any action. Just wondering if I had done it sooner would it have turned out differently?

I’ve had deer working scrapes within hours of me peeing in them. But, it requires that the mock scrape be in a high traffic area where deer would naturally use one, and it works best with a licking branch of some sort. You can’t just force one where you’d like it. Think of scrapes and licking branches as the water cooler.

This one is one of my best spots, and the spot where the nice 10 that started this thread is. I re-opened this scrape and hung a new grapevine for a licking branch on the 30th… this video was the very next day.

Comment

HighCastle, the buck that started this thread, lives!!!

He looks to be running a little more mass, and has added a little trash, but it is definitely nice to see him alive after the big abscess on his jaw last year.

This makes 3 full years that I have history with this buck. I chased him some in 2020, though I was more focused on Saint. He was ALL OVER my camera in 2021 when I was laid up on the couch with a busted ankle, and now I’m after him again this season.

Here he was in 2020

And the 2021 compilation video of him again.

Comment

Working...
                                X