2021 Austin/Colorado/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
    found a cam card I hadn't checked, I saw this guy preseason but never during general season. Hope he and his buddy made it.

not far from you JMKro down Wolfe rd.
    Definitely a really nice buck for the area. The majority of the better bucks I've had on camera are in the 13" - 15" range. The one I killed three years ago was 13" & the one we found dead earlier this year was 14".

Comment

Had our first sighting of a buck at our place. Alittle earlier than normal here by a couple weeks. Usually they disappear all summer long. I guess they go into the Mill Creek bottom or the deep woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
        Had our first sighting of a buck at our place. Alittle earlier than normal here by a couple weeks. Usually they disappear all summer long. I guess they go into the Mill Creek bottom or the deep woods.

Thats good to hear! We were seeing some pretty nice bucks in the area of our New Ulm property, but we sold it, so im not sure whats going on there now.

Anybody hunt in the Shelby/Latium area? We’ll be out that way now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
          Good. That should mean they're around for hunting season . Our place is the same way. Nothing all summer, then it's like a switch gets flipped from late September/early October through the winter.

Comment

Any Colorado county action going on ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

my dad has been sending good game cam pics of buck on our property, but I can't get down there until Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by romad01 View Post
                my dad has been sending good game cam pics of buck on our property, but I can't get down there until Thanksgiving.
                I can get over there sooner if you need me too!

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                  Any Colorado county action going on ??

Buck broke out of their bachelor herd about two weeks ago. One small buck was harassing a doe pretty hard this morning. I imagine the main rut will kick off in about two weeks.

Comment

Anybody sit in the stand this past weekend? I didn't really feel like it, but I sat Saturday evening because of the wind direction, and saw a doe & a yearling. They got behind me and the doe raised all sorts of hell. Go figure...

Comment

We lost our place south right after season. It closed in July so we had time to get our stuff off. Funny part is the people who bought it put cameras up on our feeder and filled it. Guess they thought we were leaving our blinds and feeders. Had to dump 300lbs of corn out.

Hauled everything off in mid june. Buried the jeep getting the blind out so they now have some big ruts to get to the feeder.

We got everything moved to one of our cattle leases and now dealing with the neighbors dogs. HE has been warned about them chasing our newborns but now we have proof with the camera.

Have a couple bucks on camera but I wont get to sit until after football season.

Comment

tag

Comment

Our farm to market road hasn’t been kind to us.
                          We have had two good bucks hit by cars.

Comment

Had a couple of new good bucks show up on camera over the weekend...Means the boys are starting to look for some ladies!!

Comment

Sat all weekend, was pretty slow. Saw a couple small/young bucks, couple does, and couple fawns. The mature 8 I have on camera every day over the summer quit coming in 5-6 days ago. Same for a handful of nice younger bucks. Hope to sit this weekend with the front coming in.

Comment

Curious what yall are seeing as far as rutting activity in the Shelby area? Seems like they should be getting close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X