What's wrong with this buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
    I'm not an expert on abbesses, although I've watched a lot of YouTube videos of people draining them on live stock.

Would it have any effect on the meat of that deer?
    We have killed a couple like that and the infection was throughout the area. We did not eat those deer. Sometimes it is a small abscess that is encapsulated due to a thorn or something else. Those i don’t have a problem cutting around and eating the meat. I am curious as to what is causing the one on this buck. I hope once he gets it he can shed some light on it.

Comment

Dude skips leg day...

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
        We have killed a couple like that and the infection was throughout the area. We did not eat those deer. Sometimes it is a small abscess that is encapsulated due to a thorn or something else. Those i don’t have a problem cutting around and eating the meat. I am curious as to what is causing the one on this buck. I hope once he gets it he can shed some light on it.
        Yes if I get a shot I'll take a look. He is limping really bad when I saw him yesterday and the leg looks like he cant walk on it, possibly a broken leg?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

IN

Comment

Hopefully he shows tomorrow morning.

Comment

Back in the stand, wind is not in the best direction but will give a shot. Not sure if I'll shot this buck with the whatever it is on its shoulder, kinda scared the meats bad and will waste the tag! Not sure what to do!??

Comment

Dirt nap so we can see better pics of it lol

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                  Dirt nap so we can see better pics of it lol
                  We will have some action definitely this coming weekend I'm off 4 days and wife and son itching to shoot a buck or doe!

Comment

Let me go ahead and eat all the mashed potatoes, whipped cream, and ice cream I ever plan on eating in my life before the LDPs on this guy.

That's gonna be naaassstaaayy

Comment

possible rattle snake bite.

Comment

We had a 10pt with a broken front leg. I felt sorry for it and was going to shoot it. A doe came out and he chased her around no problems at all. He got a pass and turned in to a double drop tine deer the next year and got a pass to spread his genetics never to be seen again by us. Snake bites, infections, fences etc. deer are very tough animals.

Comment

It's a tumor

Comment

Snakebite usually shows signs of necrosis. We put this one out of his misery a few years ago. Could be a broken leg that got infected. Could be a 22 bullet in there. Anything is possible in Wilson county[emoji23].

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HYDRO_69 View Post
                              We had a 10pt with a broken front leg. I felt sorry for it and was going to shoot it. A doe came out and he chased her around no problems at all. He got a pass and turned in to a double drop tine deer the next year and got a pass to spread his genetics never to be seen again by us. Snake bites, infections, fences etc. deer are very tough animals.
                              I was thinking it's a broken leg he cant walk on it. Hes been out in mornings but I work so can only hunt the evenings. Will hopefully see him this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                                Snakebite usually shows signs of necrosis. We put this one out of his misery a few years ago. Could be a broken leg that got infected. Could be a 22 bullet in there. Anything is possible in Wilson county[emoji23].

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Ain't that rite! Butted up against a neighborhood so absolutely anything possible, I've seen it!

Comment

Working...
                                X