No announcement yet.

Anyone made the switch back to multi pin from single pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems to me that it would depend on your style hunting. I tree stand hunt in the east and a deer can step in, then out in a second. I do not have time to adjust the single pin.
    Furthermore, I have a friend on here that is a semi-pro and very good shooter and hunter. He has a single pin and was trying to sell me on the ease of use, etc last week. This weekend some things in the forest happened fast and he didn't get time to react and missed the shot. I am sure he is still sold on single pin, but not for me.

Comment

Im on the same page about having to take the extra step. You already have enough on your mind as is in that situation. Really would be an issue for me because of video camera also. Just me personally my bow shoots pretty quick so I only use two pins and drop the last one all the way to the bottom out of the way. I also don't like to shoot at a deer over 40 Yards not because I cant shoot it but your margin for error greatly increases. That's just personal preference though if something is working good for you don't change just because everyone else is doing it just my opinion

Comment

Sliding my pin up and down is second nature, and I don't even think about it. We have targets set from 30 to 60 yards at our office and when Im practicing, I try to shoot different targets each shot so I'm always moving my pin. It's pretty much muscle memory now. Been using a single pine for I don't know how long now, and I'll never go back to multi pin.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
          true ^^^ on all accounts

this is my first year with a single pin. i bought a used tommy hogg single pin and put spot hogg's new double pin(single) scope on it.

main pin set to 20

bottom pin ends up at about 38 yards (on my 70 lb switchback).

i can really easily shoot 30 by aiming between the two or 40 by aiming just under the bottom pin slightly.

all of that without touching the dial

practice has been going well. hope my hunts go equally as well for accuracy
          i finished setting up my tommy hogg correctly and now feel comfortable shooting at a hog from 50-60 yards.

this last weekend, just for grins (after getting the tommy hoff dialed in at 60) i took an 80 yard shot. right in the center of the target, prolly 6 inches high. i was pleased.

then i went for a 100 yards. it took me 6 tries to hit the target. had to deal with a crosswind too. finally hit it.

tommy hogg = AMAZING !!!

here i am after getting it all sighted hitting a blown up latex glove from 60...

Comment

I've had the G5 Optix 2 pin for a long time now. It's a double pin, but pretty much a single pin, with an additional "adjust on the fly" pin by turning a dial, which is self marked after zero'ing in at different yardages . I can wheel it all the way out of sight when not needed. It's a good little addition to a single pin, when you want to leap out at long shots on targets, pigs, and so on.

Comment

I have been shooting an HHA single pin for several years now... I also just set up a new bow and decided to go with a fixed pin set up to play around with... Currently I have one of each on my two bows (fixed pin and single pin)...

As for the single pin, 98% of my hunting is from a stationary blind/treestanbd, etc where I know what my shot ranges are and the single pin is great as I can set the pin in the middle of my shooting range and that has served me well as I do not have to worry about moving the pin during the hunt...

As mentioned, I bought a fixed pin sight to set up my new bow just to play around with fixed pins again... Have not decided which bow will be my go to and which one will be my back up yet...

But really liking the idea of the new 2015 CBE TEK Hybrid Pro, which is a multi pin adjustable sight... Ordered that one this week in a 3 pin arrangement to try out in place of the HHA single pin... Best of both worlds to me!

Comment

I made the switch from muilti to single 2 years ago. I have a single pin and loved it. Problem happened when I drew back on a deer and he then spooked and moved a little farther in range. I was uncomfortable using my 20 on a 30 yard shot and my bow is not setting the world on fire with speed

Comment

I liked having a single pin because of the uncluttered sight picture and everything else like a lot of people have said but when it comes down to it in the heat of the moment with the adrenaline pumping are you going to be able to dial in your slider if the range of the animal changes all of a sudden? I've messed up a few times with my single pin
                  May just be me to blame.I've switched to a 5 pin mbg accent and it is perfect bcuz I still have that long range capabilities and don't have to worry about moving it 20-70yds.

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
                    Never again will I go back to the struggles of a Multi Pin.
                    I have been shooting single fixed pin for 8 years. Set it for 25 yd. And shoot out to 40 no problems.

Comment

Ive been looking at going to a single pin sight as well. Have always shot multi pin sights but I keep seeing people rave about the single pin options and it has defiantly caught my attention.

Comment

Anyone made the switch

Originally posted by AustinBowhunter View Post
                        I'm playing with the idea of switching to a single pin sight. There sure does seem to be a lot of people who have made the switch and decide never to go back.

Well, with money as tight as it is, switching to a new sight isn't something that I want to do flippantly. I'm wondering, has anyone ever switched back to multi pin after shooting a single pin sight? If so, why?
                        Subway Surfers Psiphon Hill Climb Racing

Matthew
                        Is making robots really this simple? I've tried making robots, but that involves programming and complex building. This is just putting and gluing things together! This is really cool!

Comment

Funny I posted about how I liked my multi Made the switch to spot hog with the double single pin HA HA love it elk stand stalking you name it . I never thought I would BTW my old sight had a broken pin and I could not find a replacement with that fiber optic .

the single double is 20-40 for my bow

Comment

Single pin sliding sight, Montana Black Gold.

Been shooting single pin for a long time, not ever going back to multiple pins.

Hey, you sight in a single at 27yds and you are good out to 32yds. That alone does away with at least 3 pins.
                            Last edited by lovemylegacy; 11-17-2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Since my last post, I have switched to a three pin slider. I had some issues with spot and stalk effectiveness, so I changed up. I set one pin dead center of the housing and sighted that in with the slider from 20-60 to get my tape. Then, I set my slider to 30 so I can put my top pin at 20 and the bottom at 40. Now I can hunt pretty much any of my spots here in Tx without ever moving my sight, but I can practice out as far as I want. Best of both, IMO

Comment

For years I've stuck with my G5 Optix XR2 sight. It's basically a single fixed pin, and an additional adjustable floating pin by dial. I can wheel it completely to the bottom and out of the way, but if I happen to need it, I can dial it in to the yardage I want, that I marked on the dial during sighting in. So, ideally yes, I'm shooting a single pin, but I have the option to roll in the additional pin. I don't believe they make this sight anymore though.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X