Troubles on the .300 BO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubles on the .300 BO

Been having some super weird reliability issues when shooting suppressed on my AR. Unsup with subsonics the gun runs flawlessly. Slapped the can on and it was having failure to feed issues, mainly the bolt was over riding the case rim and jamming it between the feed lips ultimately crushing the case wall/neck. Figured cool probably over gassed I’ll just put a heavier buffer and call it done. Threw an H3 in there a few days ago and now it won’t pick up the round half the time. Seems like it doesn’t have enough back behind it to strip the cartridge fully from the mag and gets jammed into the feed lips. Y’all think I should take the $100 dive into a Adjustable gas block, or go with maybe an H2 buffer? Ordered some dedicated 300 Mags and am try to swap ammo to see if that would fix anything before I go that route. Located in Wharton if anyone would happen to have either parts and wouldn’t mind helping a man out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird to have those issues with a .300 BO

I had such issues with a .308, but alot more energy and harder to suppress then . 300 BO

Comment

Does it have a round buffer spring or the flat spring. Flat spring is way mo betterer for returning bolt to battery on reduced recoil ammo. https://youtu.be/8fMVZbrnvu8
      Last edited by muzzlebrake; 04-22-2021, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        Does it have a round buffer spring or the flat spring. Flat spring is way mo betterer for returning bolt to battery on reduced recoil ammo. https://youtu.be/8fMVZbrnvu8

I presume a round wire that would have came with the gun

Comment

Pic of what happens to the rounds when they FTF. Ordered an H2 and trying to find any other subs to see if it’s ammo but they’re few and far between

Comment

Flat nose bullets?

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post

Pic of what happens to the rounds when they FTF. Ordered an H2 and trying to find any other subs to see if it’s ammo but they’re few and far between

*** are them bullets?

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                *** are them bullets?

Bout the only subs I could find[emoji23] been on a hunt for a box or two of honestly anything any they ain’t out there

Comment

I think the ammo is your problem. Feed ramps aren’t set up for flat nose bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    I think the ammo is your problem. Feed ramps aren’t set up for flat nose bullets.

This.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

I think you're right. You would pretty much have to grind that center out of an M4 ramp to accommodate that flat nose. Even then it would likely not be very smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                        I think you're right. You would pretty much have to grind that center out of an M4 ramp to accommodate that flat nose. Even then it would likely not be very smooth.

Attempting to source some ammo up, called every store within an hour and nothing so far. But it would make totally sense that it would be an issue.

Comment

Definitely those flat nose bullets causing the issue

Comment

Well, if anyone’s looking for some subsonics to run through your bolt gun I know a guy

Comment

Working...
                            X