House Prices Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House Prices Up

Getting stupid here.. Hobby Airport ..............

?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, not looking forward to tax assessment this year. I'm sure they will go up too.

Comment

Paid $407k for my house here almost two years ago. We just did a refinance and they valued it at $501k now. Hopefully it will keep going like this and when I sell it to move back to Texas I’ll make some good money on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boyd1212 View Post
          Paid $407k for my house here almost two years ago. We just did a refinance and they valued it at $501k now. Hopefully it will keep going like this and when I sell it to move back to Texas I’ll make some good money on it.

It’s crazy. Neighbor’s house apprised at $242 on my left and $226 on my right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Counties just printing money and nobody is stopping them cause good ol uncle sam bail em out when this all falls upside down

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
              Counties just printing money and nobody is stopping them cause good ol uncle sam bail em out when this all falls upside down
              We were talking about that earlier this year....they create their own salaries.

Comment

I had Wilson County tax appraiser out at my farm a month ago, they wanted to verify a storage building size . I have nothing to hide and let them come out, worked out in my favor too. He was a nice guy and we talked a while. The homes being built in the La Vernia area will drive up the appraisal values of all Wilson county, Lol. Nothing but sugar sand land full of Black jack oaks and sand burs, that takes 20 acres to raise a cow and calf. Now it is worth 10k an acre or more, in some of the new subdivisions 1.5 acres is 50-80k dollars. It is comical to me, when I here some of the new locals crying about property tax rates.

Them Colorado and California folks moving in around here are something else, too.
                Last edited by Radar; 12-06-2020, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  I had Wilson County tax appraiser out at my farm a month ago, they wanted to verify a storage building size . I have nothing to hide and let them come out, worked out in my favor too. He was a nice guy and we talked a while. The homes being built in the La Vernia area will drive up the appraisal values of all Wilson county, Lol. Nothing but sugar sand land full of Black jack oaks and sand burs, that takes 20 acres to raise a cow and calf. Now it is worth 10k an acre or more, in some of the new subdivisions 1.5 acres is 50-80k dollars. It is comical to me, when I here some of the new locals crying about property tax rates.

Them Colorado and California folks moving in around here are something else, too.
                  A TON of colorado and california folks moving. Selling houses over there for Millions, then buying our "nicest" houses at a "value" of 700k. A whole bunch of that going on here.

Comment

Well the Feds did print like 7 trillion dollars in 2020 I don't know the actually money supply total but I read that they pretty much doubled it. Or put another way when the dust settles over the next few years your money will be worth about half of what it was. And that's if they stop printing.

Burnadell can tell me I'm wrong I know - 1. It takes a long time for the dust to settle, maybe decades. 2. The total dollar supply is probably way wrong also LOL

Comment

Here the home sales add's starts with "Mid Century Home For Sale"

Stupid $$$$$$
                      Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 12-06-2020, 08:12 AM.

Comment

It’s crazy in our area too just outside of Tyler in Whitehouse. Maybe because Patrick Mahomes legacy here put Whitehouse on the map & prices are going up

I kid you not. I’m seeing older homes built in the 50s & 60s that are small SQ FT listed on the market $125-$145/ SQ FT & land in the 5-25 acre range can hit $30k/acre

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                          It’s crazy in our area too just outside of Tyler in Whitehouse. Maybe because Patrick Mahomes legacy here put Whitehouse on the map & prices are going up

I kid you not. I’m seeing older homes built in the 50s & 60s that are small SQ FT listed on the market $125-$145/ SQ FT & land in the 5-25 acre range can hit $30k/acre
                          Whitehouse is on fire right now. But the property taxes there are pure theft.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                            Whitehouse is on fire right now. But the property taxes there are pure theft.
                            I should add that these older homes are upgraded quite nicely on the interior but still they shouldn’t hit new home price range on $/sq ft

You are correct it is hot but even so they sell fast despite the prices

Comment

The state is also trying to mandate the rural areas charge a certain rate per square foot to match up with the citifies appraisals.

Comment

Working...
                              X