No announcement yet.

Do you believe in ghost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 1998-1999 I was stationed on Ft. Bliss. I lived in a house in the old part of housing. The house had tile floors throughout. I lived alone, so I Know no one else was there. On regular occasions I could here small foot steps in the hall way. Bedroom lights would turn on. One night while sleeping, I could feel someone watching me and when I looked the was a figure of a small girl, probably 6 years old. I awoke one night to the smell of gas and went searching. I found a burner on the stove turned on and the pilot light out. Again, I lived alone and know I did not turn it on.

Comment

Why did we have to start this before hunting season and I have to walk around in the dark?

Comment

some good stories---yes i do believe----

Comment

I am just glad I found this thread this morning and not last night. I am on the fence on the issue, I have no personal experience. I, like lots of others, may have heard something or thought I saw something but never that "for sure" experience.

Comment

Not mine, but a pretty good biblical stance...

Question: "What does the Bible say about ghosts / hauntings?"

Answer: Is there such a thing as ghosts? The answer to this question depends on what precisely is meant by the term “ghosts.” If the term means “spirit beings,” the answer is a qualified “yes.” If the term means “spirits of people who have died,” the answer is “no.” The Bible makes it abundantly clear that there are spirit beings, both good and evil. But the Bible negates the idea that the spirits of deceased human beings can remain on earth and “haunt” the living.

Comment

Who ya gonna call ?

Comment

absolutely I believe in ghosts/spirits...

Comment

While I don't actually believe in ghosts, I did live in a house that had a haunted pool table. EVERY night at 1:45am there would be the sounds of someone playing pool in the basement. You could hear the break, then each ball as it was pocketed and rolled down the ramps to the end of the table. This was back in the mid 80's while I was in highschool. My friends wouldn't stay at the house past midnight. When we sold the pool table all the sounds from the basement stopped. Go figure.

Comment

I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who gets freaked out walking to the stand in the morning. Every sound I hear I just know that it is a rabid, carnivorous sasquatch.

Comment

Originally posted by brett c View Post
                      who ya gonna call ?
                      lmao

Comment

Well stated, I agree!

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                        I believe nothing I can't prove by reading the bible. Another word for the Holy Spirit is the Holy Ghost. So to me, a ghost is simply a spirit. The bible teaches us that angels are spirit based entities as are demons. The bible teaches us that demons are fallen angels. There are examples in the bible of how these spirits can indwell other entities. Jesus cast out many demons and even told some they could enter a herd of pigs. I believe the Holy Spirit is in each of us believers. There are also examples in the bible of how spirits without form can take a form and appear to humans. The simplest example of this is how the angel appeared to the sheppards to announce the birth of Christ. There are also many examples of how these angels can cross over to us and go back. Jacob wrestled with the angel of the Lord (Genesis 32:21-32). A chariot of fire came down and took Elijah away (2 Kings 2:11).

To me an answer can be found in the bible to your question. Don't trust my words here, see for yourself. The good part, as you stated, is that you may very well have been visited by an angel. The bad part is it might not have been an angel, but a fallen angel. I do not think you were visited by a dead person.

Comment

On the highway in front of my lease there is a historical marker that says something about the last Indian battle in Young County. The tombstone is about 100 yards from my feeder, with about 25 names on it of people who died.

I will be thinking of this thread when i'm sitting in the dark...thanks guys.

Comment

Yes I believe in Spirits.

Comment

All the shows Iv'e watched also claim that a young teenage girl will draw sprits... My step daughter lived with us for a while and claimed that she saw a young child with a baseball in the house... After my son was born he had such a strong personality and had such a force about him. I believe if there were any spirits in our house he ran them out .... My step daughter also claimed to be a wicken as well so I'm sure that didn't help matter any...

On another note I was drawn for one of the Trinity River Wildlife Mangment area hunts. I went out to scout the place out. It had a old farm house with a few graves by it and I felt a little uneasy there. I never went back to hunt....
                              Last edited by sharkhunter; 10-01-2009, 06:57 AM.

Comment

two days after my wife's grandfather passed away, I was trying to go to sleep (night before the funeral)... I was laying down in bed, and my wife was with her family. I absolutely heard her grandfather say something to me. At first I thought it was just something in my head, but when I realized I was fully awake, and he kept saying the same thing over and over... "Kyle, you take care of that little girl and those grandbabies of mine".... I heard it at least 4 times... and I seemed to be answering in in my head, but it wasn't until I actually answered outloud that I stopped hearing it...it was so clear .. it was about 10 PM and I called my wife right after it happened to tell her about it, and she said her grandmother had said about 30 minutes prior that she had heard him talk to her too.

now whether it was just the emotions making this occur, I can't say for sure... but I will tell you his voice was loud enough to get me to sit up in bed and look around...very strange but never freaked me out at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X