No announcement yet.

Chevy truck 4 cyl turbo reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of power. Surprisingly enough. Solid platform and great fuel mileage.

Not sure why everyone is worked up over the turbos on trucks. Turbos have been around a long time. Regular maintenance and using the right oil they do just fine.

Comment

What engine is in a Chevy Silverado 1500?
      2.7 L 4-cylinder
      3.0 L 6-cylinder diesel
      4.3 L V6
      5.3 L V8
      6.2 L V8

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
        Wrong. 2.8diesel is in the Colorado. 3.0 diesel is in the Silverado.

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Then why did the 21 1500 I looked at yesterday have a 2.8l emblem on it?

Comment

Heavy haul company I work with is renting all 4 banger turbo (gas 1500 Silverado) trucks for this project we are on. So far they have had nothing but trouble with them. One of their guys has the 5.3 and has had zero issues.

Comment

Its not an option on half ton trucks (4 banger diesel).

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post

Comment

I can not speak to the Chevy 2.7 but my dads truck has the Ford 2.7 V6 and there aint nothing wrong with that engine. It is perfect for him becasue he will never hook a trailer up to it but I am confident it will pull whatever it is rated for.

Comment

Chevy truck 4 cyl turbo reviews

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post

Because you were looking at a Colorado?

Post up some pics. Heck the dealer you went to should have it listed on their website.

Comment

i kinda like the idea of a smaller diesel in these half tons myself, because i dont need a 3/4 or 1 ton. thanks for all of the info guys, and much appreciated.

I thought these 1500s were ugly at first, but theyre kind of growing on me. they also have a slightly longer bed than the fords do.

Hesitant about the ecoboosts because of cam issues with them, but my NA 3.5 explorer is pretty solid. i have only had a few electrical quirks with it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by bullseye07 View Post
                    your brother does not have one. He has either a 3.0 in line 6 diesel or a 2.7 in line 4 cylinder turbo gas.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                    this

Comment

They weren't super complimentary of it and they usually gush over just about all trucks, only other review from them that I saw this little enthusiasm was on a Nissan

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                        i kinda like the idea of a smaller diesel in these half tons myself, because i dont need a 3/4 or 1 ton. thanks for all of the info guys, and much appreciated.

I thought these 1500s were ugly at first, but theyre kind of growing on me. they also have a slightly longer bed than the fords do.

Hesitant about the ecoboosts because of cam issues with them, but my NA 3.5 explorer is pretty solid. i have only had a few electrical quirks with it so far.
                        Look do not use these 1/2 ton diesels to do 3/4 ton diesel work, they won't hold up and in some cases will have terminal failures. The niche here is fuel economy, the only reason the auto manufacturers are producing these vehicles is because of federal regulations for ever increasing fleet fuel mileage and trucks are such a large percentage of their sales.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                          That isn't full size. Look at that mini bed.
                          Lol it’s probably the angle but yes it’s a full size truck.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                            Look do not use these 1/2 ton diesels to do 3/4 ton diesel work, they won't hold up and in some cases will have terminal failures. The niche here is fuel economy, the only reason the auto manufacturers are producing these vehicles is because of federal regulations for ever increasing fleet fuel mileage and trucks are such a large percentage of their sales.
                            I dont have anything i would need to get a big trailer for. it would just be camper or utility trailers. nothing slideout or 5th wheel. im not that rich

Comment

310 hp, that might be more than my 5.3 LS motor. Now, I need a turbo. LOL

Comment

I have a half ton silverado with the 4 banger (gas not diesel). I was hesitant about buying it at first but after I test drove it and researched it I went ahead and made the plunge. I actually bought a 2020 2wd last year with the 4 banger and then upgraded to 4x4 (crew cab short bed half ton) this year and specifically looked to get another 4 banger. It has a tow capacity of 9k pounds, which is more than I will ever haul. I am getting 17-18 mpg in town and 22ish on the highway. It has more get up and go then a 6 cylinder (Chevy) I test drove.

No, it is not a diesel or a V8, but it has plenty of power for me and I like the gas mileage. I have no problem passing on the interstate when I'm going 70 MPH and need to get around someone. I guess we will see how it runs over the long haul, but so far I am very happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X