Pretty eye opening.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty eye opening.

There needs to be a national campaign to educate people about obesity and the severe health risks associated with it are. We've done it for smoking, drugs, alcohol, etc. They had a campaign forever teaching people about their Food Pyramid which was totally wrong. Now they need to reverse course and educate people on what is actually healthy to eat and what a proper portion of food is. Bacon, eggs, cheese, nuts, butter, yogurt, limited fruit, green vegetables, etc. America needs to get off the carbs and processed foods. Large, cheap quantities of food are horrible for our bodies.

Off my soap box now.....

Should we shut down the country, take away peoples Freedoms and Liberties in hopes of flatting the obesity curve?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Should we shut down the country, take away peoples Freedoms and Liberties in hopes of flatting the obesity curve?
      Hell to the no It never should have been shutdown period.

This is just another example of people addressing the symptoms of a problem and not the root cause.

Comment

Bacon and eggs is all I have left bro!

Comment

The shutting of the gyms down threw me off my routine. Now I've gained weight.

Gov't trying to kill me

Comment

If people Don’t know what good and what’s bad at this point no campaign will do any good.
            Hell, we actually
            Need a certain % of people dying daily

Comment

Promoting obesity is all the rage now.

Comment

Fat should kill d be a protected class.

Like LBGTQFat

Comment

Ummm... that pretty much reflects the US population so is there really a correlation?

73.6% of pop is overweight as defined by BMI. So when they say 78% of covid hospitalizations were overweight, it's really not that shocking.

Comment

Wait a minute!

I thought that if you wanted to be healthy all you had to do was wear a mask, stay 6' apart, and don't leave your house?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      If people Don’t know what good and what’s bad at this point no campaign will do any good.
                      Hell, we actually
                      Need a certain % of people dying daily
                      Im shocked by what people think is healthy food and what a proper portion is. The amount of food on a plate at a restaurant is mind blowing and people routinely finish it off. People have been programmed to eat carbs, carbs and more carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Hell to the no It never should have been shutdown period.

This is just another example of people addressing the symptoms of a problem and not the root cause.
                        Sorry. I forgot my sarcasm emoji in my original reply.

Hate it when that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
                          Wait a minute!

I thought that if you wanted to be healthy all you had to do was wear a mask, stay 6' apart, and don't leave your house?
                          Folks keep taking that mask off when the blue bell shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                            Ummm... that pretty much reflects the US population so is there really a correlation?

73.6% of pop is overweight as defined by BMI. So when they say 78% of covid hospitalizations were overweight, it's really not that shocking.
                            The article says 42% of the population is considered overweight/obese. Maybe Im misreading something in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post

You beat me to it, most of the nation is overweight! Thanks for saving me the typing.

Comment

Working...
                              X