Watch Where You Step!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch Where You Step!

Came across this thing today. He was sunning on the back side of a tank dam. Just about stepped on him so I’m glad he wasn’t too mad. He was by far the biggest I’ve ever seen and i grew up hunting in the hill country.

I didn’t have a gun, stick, rock or bow to dispatch, so he made it home safe. I’ll look for him again soon.

Y’all be safe out there. Apparently they’re out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Good one!

Comment

He’s HUGE!

Comment

I'm on the hunt for them. They need to watch where I'm stepping.

Comment

When they’re stretched out like that you can grab them by the tail and crack them like a whip. Just watch for the head when it flies off.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            Came across this thing today. He was sunning on the back side of a tank dam. Just about stepped on him so I’m glad he wasn’t too mad. He was by far the biggest I’ve ever seen and i grew up hunting in the hill country.

I didn’t have a gun, stick, rock or bow to dispatch, so he made it home safe. I’ll look for him again soon.

Y’all be safe out there. Apparently they’re out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

There’s rocks in the picture. Not saying I would have dug around for a suitable one from the pile, just sayin there were rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              When they’re stretched out like that you can grab them by the tail and crack them like a whip. Just watch for the head when it flies off.
              I’ll take a pass on that.

Originally posted by Benno View Post
              There’s rocks in the picture. Not saying I would have dug around for a suitable one from the pile, just sayin there were rocks.
              I couldn’t have lifted any of those rocks. It’s a pile of old cement sidewalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                I'm on the hunt for them. They need to watch where I'm stepping.
                Like your attitude

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  I’ll take a pass on that.

I couldn’t have lifted any of those rocks. It’s a pile of old cement sidewalk
                  “a pile of old cement sidewalk” also known as “a rattlesnake condo”.

That’s a cool snake pic Fishndude.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                    “a pile of old cement sidewalk” also known as “a rattlesnake condo”.

Absolutely!

Comment

Will definitely include snake protection in my turkey hunting attire this weekend!

Comment

be prepared,.?:' there is my punctuation place it in your mind where ever it needs to be while reading .....reminds me of a time while i was in Arizona we were hanging a small structure by the way i was a iron worker back to the story it was break time and a guy i was working with was from the area we were in and he mentioned he collected rattle snakes and sold the venom so he asked if i wanted to walk out into the desert and look for snakes i said sure off we went near by was an old slab from a old building of some sort there was a piece of tin near it i said i bet theres 1 under it he said most likely i flipped the tin up and she coiled up and i darted over to the slap in the middle of it maybe 30 by 30 he was yelling get me a stick before i could say there were no trees were do you get a stick in Arizona he grabbed the tail of the snake and slung it towards me to land on the slap i almost needed cpr he kept throwing the snake back into the middle of the slap every time it tried to leave until he kind of swung it around then reached out with his other hand and grabbed it before its head then put it in his lunch box i never went into the dessert with that dude again

Comment

He's cute.

Comment

Water snake.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
                              Water snake.
                              I thought it was a coral snake.

Comment

Working...
                              X