Y’all seeing any strutting yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have this little hanging feeder throwing milo in an attempt to keep the hens hanging around. The fellas started appearing a few days ago to show off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice Gobble Chickens Jerp. I haven’t hunted em in 20 years and sure miss that adrenaline charge when they’re booming 20 yards out but won’t take that next step to clear the brush.

Comment

Great trail cam pic!

Comment

Ol’ gobbleros have been frisky for a while round my parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Don’t worry…..TPWD will let you hunt them…….this summer

Comment

Yes in mason co.

Comment

Saw 6 huge gobblers still batchelored up and on corn yesterday. Number of hens alone and some other jakes, so not 100% sure. I will say, lot less sightings during the course of the day, which means the annual disbursement as they start breeding. Past two season have been horrible in getting gobblers inside range.
              Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

They are strutting and following hens in Refugio/Sinton areas but still in larger flocks. Normally they'd be in smaller groups by now but I guess the colder than later weather has them pushed back a little. Saturday morning I was within 100yrds of 8 different strutters and several other gobblers tagging along. There were three flocks roosted within 500 yards and they all staged in one spot. I could hear gobblers sounding off on the roosts for miles !! Every 5-10 mins another group of gobblers strutted out of the river bottom. It was the best turkey morning I've ever had!! And yet I wasn't able to close the deal. I moved my set up a little closer, and Sunday morning not a single turkey walked by. I founds them 300 yards off and followed them for one hour. I was still able to call in a satellite gobbler finally.

Gary, I plan to be in your area the morning of April 2nd. We have a traditional roost area for gobblers in the Spring but we small area I can access, it can be hit or miss depending on which way they bail off the roost
                Last edited by buck_wild; 03-21-2022, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Hope to be in the middle of this by Friday afternoon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	turkey 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	404.6 KB
ID:	24679239
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	turkey 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	24679240

Comment

I've never hunted turkeys! Can't quite bring myself to pay for the chance to shoot one for some reason. I did hear some gobbling a week ago in central Texas.

Those photos sure make turkey hunting look fun though!

Comment

Oh dang, I'm gonna have the camera ready and play on this thread. Walked outside just now with the dog and didn't check the yard first. She ran 15 turkeys down to the river before the e-collar turned her. Oddly they didn't go far and I saw why. Huge tom strutting around doin his thing. First time I've seen that since we moved in here on the river.

Comment

Lots of them were in full strut this weekend near Del Rio

Comment

Started about 10 days or 2 wks ago here in Guadalupe Cty

Comment

saw some strutting while scouting last weekend

Comment

Concho River, Paint Rock, Texas

Here are a few.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X