2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
    I got a 50lb sack of peas, clover, oats, rye, and wheat in the back of the truck that I'm going up to plant tomorrow. Hopefully we get some of the rain that's forecasted and it's not a waste.
    Hold up there Josh. Your gonna put us in a drought. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
      Hold up there Josh. Your gonna put us in a drought. LOL
      Lol. You're probably right.

Comment

Wait till I plant like I did in the spring and we’ll get 12 inches overnight and all the seed ends up down the hill.

Comment

Wait till I plant like I did in the spring and we’ll get 12 inches overnight and all the seed ends up down the hill.
          we've been pretty dry up around Grapeland/Elkhart. They have a little rain in the forecast so I'm gonna give it a shot. I'm gonna top off the sweet feed in the trough and check cards one last time before the opener in a couple weeks.

Comment

I was up there today in Latexo for a funeral. Due for a little rain. But it sure was green.

Comment

Lost 7 plots last spring that way…

$1000 worth of seed and fertilizer gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I felt your pain brother. 9 acres of cowpeas and fertilizer and a lot of work and money down the creek. Was so thin they wiped it out in 2 months.
                Last edited by Gumbo Man; 09-17-2021, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Yup, what did sprout was ate or drowned in weeds in no time. Chocked it up as a loss and kept piling the protein on em.

Going to plant winter plots in a few weeks, hopefully I’ll have better luck this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m going tomorrow to disc and plant my plots. I know theres a bit of a rain chance but that’s not the worst thing in the world for this either. At least I won’t have to worry about there being TOO much rain.

Comment

And for anyone that doesn’t know, there’s a really good taco truck in Trinity now. It’s called Tacos by the Trax and it’s right across the railroad tracks on Highway 94.

I know this could wind up making the lines longer but I also want this place to do well so we have good Mexican food for years to come, so y’all go check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        And for anyone that doesn’t know, there’s a really good taco truck in Trinity now. It’s called Tacos by the Trax and it’s right across the railroad tracks on Highway 94.

I know this could wind up making the lines longer but I also want this place to do well so we have good Mexican food for years to come, so y’all go check them out.
                        Nice.

I am heading to my Grapeland place next week and will have to stop by.

There is also a beer garden that opened in Lovelady, Stesti Brewing.

Hours are little tough if just passing through. But they have some good beers.

J

Comment

Got my planting done today, protein feeder topped off, my sweet feed trough filled and cards pulled. The bucks are still hitting the sweet feed hard everyday, multiple times per day. The tall nine is still coming in every morning and most evenings and eats sweet feed for about 20-30 mins. I put my son to work today lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210918-180244_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	871.5 KB
ID:	24662225

Name:	Screenshot_20210918-180039_Drive.jpg
Size:	443.3 KB
ID:	24662226

Name:	Screenshot_20210918-175750_Drive.jpg
Size:	447.5 KB
ID:	24662227

Name:	Screenshot_20210918-175930_Drive.jpg
Size:	589.6 KB
ID:	24662228

Name:	Screenshot_20210918-175945_Drive.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	589.4 KB
ID:	24662229

Comment

Keep those boys happy and full and you will have some good targets pretty soon.

Comment

I went to my lease today to try and finish a few things. Was not a good day.

First off I realized someone apparently stole the spinner plate off my dad’s feeder mechanism. So I have feeder with no way to sling corn.

Second, my disc harrow wouldn’t bite into the ground so food plots aren’t gonna happen apparently. That throws a wrinkle in some plans.

Third, the most fun thing that happened, while pulling a bungee cord over something on atv rack one end came loose and slingshotted the metal hook across my left eye socket. Now I have a huge black eye but I consider myself blessed because an inch to the right and I could’ve been blinded.

Comment

Going Saturday to Van Zandt county to get food plot planted and new stand put up. Then going Sunday to Anderson county to throw out some seed as well, mulching has gotten pretty much done, just need to find a new stand location there. And then going to need lots of rain. The season is almost here!

Comment

Working...
                                X