No announcement yet.

How did you lose it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since the GOF outed me I’ll tell the story. Getting off a lease down by Benavidas and big tripod winch-up feeder came undone at top. 18’ drill stem pipe about to fall on buddies head and probably kill him. I stuck my hand up to catch it and it hit top of ring finger. Split it in two spots but didn’t break skin. Saturday morning and we still had lots of work to do. Whiskey is a decent pain killer but not like in the movies. Went to Dr on Tuesday and surgery that afternoon. He wouldn’t amputate which was stupid. Tried to save it but it never worked right again. Three years later I had it cut off. Best thing ever. No issues at all except going through drive thrus and trying to get my change!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
      In her bedroom after her parents went to the SPJST Hall!
      Interesting. You get a finger bit off in the may-lay?

I remember a father's firm hand shake with a mean look in his eye when I met him at the door. Didn't slow me down one bit.
      I'm sure there would have been something cut off had he been aware of such going's on under his roof.

Comment

So most of these are about fingers. I still have all of my fingers but I can only count to 19.
        New Years Day 2000
        The old man wanted to chop some fire wood for an upcoming cold snap. Being the tool sharpening expert of the family I sharpened that axe to the best of my ability, you could shave your arm hair with that thing.
        Once, we got down to the ranch, pops cut the first huisache down and cut it into logs. I grabbed the closest log and put it on the stump and prepared to swing. It should have been a sign that thing were fixing to go bad when the first two swings were glancing blows with one landing in-between my feet. The third swing was the winner.
        I was wearing a brand new pair of Red Wing lace up steel toed boots. The axe entered my boot just behind the steel toe and stopped at the first brad of the laces. I glanced down and flipped the axe out of my hand, picked my foot up and spread the leather apart. Pops, asked "How Bad?" My response was "Yep we need to go!!"

We took my boot off and wrapped my mothers jacket around my foot and off to the hospital we go. Basically, to shorten the story, I split the pinky toe on my left foot in half and busted up the digit next to it. The doctor simply removed the pinky toe.

SO it you are ever at the beach and you see tracks that go 4, 5 - 4, 5 - 4, 5 - 4, 5 you will know I was there. LOL

Signed

Captain Nine Toes!

Comment

Dang?

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Was this yours? Don’t do that!!!

[ATTACH]1089823[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1089824[/ATTACH]
          How about a warning before that 2nd photo?!?! Full body shivers!!

Comment

I’m waiting for “Just the Tip” to chime in and post his photo with the doc!

Comment

I have fat short fingers and regular sized gloves are way too big. When working on the rigs I would get the tips of one glove caught when throwing a chain making a connection. I would jerk the glove finger off and the driller would always hold up three fingers and say give me five beers.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                Nope-that’s me.
                Ah! I could not remember whose finger that was...emphasis on "was".

Comment

I lost 3/8 off my middle finger on my left hand. Putting a metal track on a skid steer. Drove myself to the er off 71 in Austin. I had the finger tip in a little zip lock bag. I put the finger tip on the counter and said I need this put back on please. It wasn't enough to reattach.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Not what I was expecting when I saw the thread title

Comment

Y’all win…Pointer finger right hand on a Volvo 240 double belted Altenator pulley. I told him…..” Don’t start it…….” It hurt….

Comment

Got my left thumb stuck between my helmet and another guy's in high school. Completely crushed it and first doctor that looked at it said I would likely lose it. Dang thing was mangled all to hades with blood, guts, ligaments, tendons and bone everywhere. Called in their top notch hand surgeon and surgery was something like 6-7 hours. Dude was skilled! He came around the next day and said, "I could have done a heart transplant faster than fixing that thumb. . . well, if I knew how to do a heart transplant that is." Great guy. Just as functional and pretty as my other thumb with just a couple big scars and a tiny bit of residual numbness on the outer aspect. Glad that doc was willing to come in that night. :-)

Comment

Both my grandfather and great grandfather cut off their pinky fingers with the same radial arm saw. Watched my best friend in the 5th grade cut his middle finger off with a bicycle chain . Had the bike upside down spinning the pedals after fixing a flat . Got his finger cut off at the middle joint .

Comment

Lost the tip of my left pinkie finger in the gears of a redline reel on a grass fire truck back in 2006. Soon as I drew it back I knew it was a list cause. Didn't hurt at all for 15 minutes. When it started I felt ever beat of my heart til l got some morphine on board. The phantom itches lasted for about 20 months after the accident.

Comment

I cut the end of my middle finger off in a table saw in my 20's. Cut it off right at the end of the bone but didnt cut any bone and left the cuticle of the nail. Never found the end of the finger but the doc said keep it bandaged and the tissue will grow back as long as it doesn't scab. So I kept it bandaged for about 6 weeks and sure enough it grew enough back that you can hardly tell it was ever cut and the fingernail grew back too.
                              I was helping my son put a lift on his truck last year and was prying the leaf spring down to line up the bolt hole to the shackle and like an idiot stuck my index finger in the hole to see if it was lined up for the bolt. The prybar slipped right when I put my finger in the hole and it cut the tip off like a dull cigar cutter. Luckily the two holes didn't go completely past each other so the cut stopped right at the under side of the finger nail and the nail kept my fingertip from coming completely off. Again it cut it right at the tip of the bone but didn't get the bone. They were able to sew it back on this time. The nerves are still a little tingly at times.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by rolylane6; 05-17-2022, 08:57 PM.

Comment

OUCH, some of these stories - Dang.

Thread relevant Jr. High joke time-

What did the Leper say to the Hooker?
                                Last edited by DaveC; 05-18-2022, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X