No announcement yet.

Clothes washer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agitator here. Just replaced mine 8 months ago. And there are some hybrid models out there that the agitator can be removed. But more expensive too.

Comment

Just got a new GE no agitator and its a total POS.

Comment

I just bought a new one with no agitator and my wife hates it.

Comment

It is the mechanical action that cleans your clothes more than anything else (such as laundry soap). Without the center spindle, you get very little agitation. Lower agitation yields clothes that just don’t get quite clean enough.

Comment

I have a Speed Queen set that I like. However, the agitator twists the crap out of my sheets.

Comment

With agitator

Comment

I bought a top-load with no agitator and my wife hates it, says it doesn't clean as well as one with an agitator.

Comment

Here is the solution to all the clothes washing issues: Curtintex will come around and vouch for this soon!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Here is the solution to all the clothes washing issues: Curtintex will come around and vouch for this soon!
                    I don't know how my clothes get clean. I take them off and throw them in a basket and they wind up clean and back in my closet.

Comment

We chose one with deep fill and an agitator and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                        I guess it agitates her not to have a agitator.
                        She married her agitator.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Agitator… just bought the commercial Maytag with one. No frills.. love it!

Much easier on our clothes than our 20 year old Whirlpool agitator and still cleans great. Nothing to hang up on either.
                          I have a Maytag Commercial (mentioned above) as well. You tub fills up? Mine operates more like your typical HE, and only fills ~8”-10” or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                            My wife hates her newer style with no agitator.
                            I don't blame her..
                            Sometimes, "old school". and "low tech" is best.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              I don't know how my clothes get clean. I take them off and throw them in a basket and they wind up clean and back in my closet.
                              Is there a sammich, close by ??

Comment

You're asking the wrong question. You should be more concerned with wash and rinse water levels. Most newer washers high water level is only about 4-6 inches deep. Our Speed Queen top loading washer has the agitator and works great, but the water level is what sold us on it. The normal water level is 11 inches deep and the high level is 14 inches deep and we never need to re-wash or run a second rinse. For the enviro-nerds out there, it has an "eco" setting that keeps the water level down to 4-6 inches.

Comment

Working...
                                X