Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain

Any chance or models showing rain in south Texas in the future? We feed heavy and have plenty of water, but looking at accuweather, it seems pretty bleak for April & May. I’m not worried about antlers this year, just worried about the fire hazards.

The Hill Country is no better. I drove from Camp Wood up through Kerrville and then through San Antonio to Houston Monday, and I've never seen it more parched. We need rain bad for deer, livestock, and to prevent what could be a disastrous fire season.

Comment

Parts of LaSalle and Maverick got good showers yesterday.

Comment

La Nina is in place and probably will be until sometime around June. NWS conference call that I sat in on 2 weeks ago is calling for a warmer and drier than usual spring.

If we can get to an enso state or el nino we should start seeing some beneficial rains.

Comment

Our Webb County place is a parched tinderbox! We've got knee deep bufflegrass left from last year and it's dry as broom straw. That stuff would light off like firecracker gun powder! Got our fingers crossed we can get some rain on it soon, but it doesn't look too promising.

Comment

This set up reminds me of 2011. Sure hope this changes and Im way wrong.

Comment

It's terrible in Freer. Luckily for us, we never stopped feeding protein during season, and the deer are in really good shape.

Comment

Looks like late May at the earliest

Comment

FarmLogs shows .44 for our place just north of Catarina. Our ranch foreman says it’s way worse than 2011.

Comment

Atascosa county is dry as a bone as well. Priests are bringing up rain in mass intentions.

Comment

Mills county is right up there with the 2011 drought. Got a small chance the first few days of next week.

Comment

Current Drought Map - you can click on your county.

Current state-level drought information for Texas: 6.0 Million people in Texas are affected by drought 149 counties with USDA disaster designations 33rd wettest May was in 2023, over the past 129 years 57th wettest year to date was in 2023, over the past 129 years .

We are No Where Near what it was in October 2011.

First picture is now. Second picture is October 2011.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The entire state I agree. In Mills county not so much.

Comment

Lots of dry country needing some rain.

Comment

October is 6 months from now. If something doesn’t change those maps are going to look very similar when we start getting 100+ degree days.

Comment

Working...
                              X