Remington 7400 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 7400 ???

I just don't get it. I have one of these in my safe, and i never used it. Why would there be a bidding war on a Remington 7400 ?

That is crazy. I have owned numerous 742s and wouldn’t have paid the opening bid price of 650. Don’t see it!

Comment

Because people have gone nuts!!!! That one is unexplainable.
      3 of them together aren't worth $2,675..

Comment

I have noticed the 270's bring a few extra dollars, but nothing like this.

Comment

Wish I could’ve snagged it up yesterday!

Comment

Model 760 pump will out perform that 7400 all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              Because people have gone nuts!!!! That one is unexplainable.
              3 of them together aren't worth $2,675..
              Seriously--I am not sure 5 of them in the general marketplace are worth $2675. No idea what happened here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                I don't know about that. I used to have a 7400 in 270 back in the late 70's/early 80's. It was a darn good gun, but not worth that much!

Comment

I had a 742 in 6mm. It was fun to shoot but was only minute of pig to 100 yards. If you hit anything beyond that it was pure luck. I sold it to a friend to pig hunt at close range with.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                    X2

760 pump was the first deer rifle I ever bought and first deer rifle I ever sold. Regret it every time I think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                      X2

760 pump was the first deer rifle I ever bought and first deer rifle I ever sold. Regret it every time I think about it.
                      I have a 1956 in 308 I bought from Keg on here. Love it.

Comment

I have the exact rifle and have never used it as well. I have been kicking around the idea of putting it up for trade. That price is ridiculous though I would feel guilty taking someone’s money at that point.

Comment

I inherited one in 30-06. First shot out of a cold bore was dead center bullseye, 2nd shot was 3 inches higher, and 3rd shot was 3 inches higher than the second shot. One 4 round clip would yield a perfectly vertical string of around 9 inches at 100 yards. It belonged to my great grandfather and luckily he almost always harvested his deer with the first shot. I sold it years ago at a gun show, but regret it only because of the sentimental value it held. Beautiful classic Remington designed rifle, but the accuracy left a great deal to be desired.

Comment

Working...
                          X