2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
    I’m sure I should shoot at least one doe but I won’t. I keep thinking that’s the one that would get hot and drag big boy by me. Had about 14 this morning.
    I know what you mean! I finally decided to shoot one last Monday when two came out super early away from the feeder every thing was just right. Then I whiffed 🤣

Comment

Where y’all killing does? Mld?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2021-22 east texas season

Hunting the feeder is proving to be an act in futility this year. I scouted a spot with my climber last week and this morning put up a fixed stand on a hickory tree in the deep woods down by the creek. I am facing 4 or 5 massive water oaks and have two trails visible, one by the creek and one 100 yards off the creek. I have corned several spots that have natural lanes, didn't have to disturb any trees or brush. Hoping my luck changes.

I sat yesterday morning on my feeder and got skunked. Haven't had that happen yet this year, seems things are getting worse and not better for me. I at least see a doe or two and some juvie bucks. I have no clearings I can hunt as I like to take care of business during bow season so basically rifle hunting bow set ups. Not working out.
        Last edited by Ætheling; 11-27-2021, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Sat a mowed pasture and does started piling in yesterday about 430. Quit counting at 30 as I lost count of who was who but only 5 scrubby little bucks mixed in the group. All the big bucks are eating and sleeping off the rut. Got 2 4.5 year old ones living off my feeder and the protein that was put out last week. Both are limping hard on the front end busted up from fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
              Sat a mowed pasture and does started piling in yesterday about 430. Quit counting at 30 as I lost count of who was who but only 5 scrubby little bucks mixed in the group. All the big bucks are eating and sleeping off the rut. Got 2 4.5 year old ones living off my feeder and the protein that was put out last week. Both are limping hard on the front end busted up from fighting.
              Yep all the bucks older than 1 1/2 over here are carrying first aid kits around. Surprised that I have not seen one single broken tine. Last year by this time I had several with broken beams.

Comment

90% of the bucks i have on camera or see are broken up, including a big 9 thats a regular 9am visitor but is now a 5 pt.

Also have a young 8 with a spilt brow I was hoping would make it a couple more years either was shot or injured in a fight.
                Front right leg just hangs limp I'm thinking someone made a poor shot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post

A lot of counties run through tomorrow for does

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
                    90% of the bucks i have on camera or see are broken up, including a big 9 thats a regular 9am visitor but is now a 5 pt.

Also have a young 8 with a spilt brow I was hoping would make it a couple more years either was shot or injured in a fight.
                    Front right leg just hangs limp I'm thinking someone made a poor shot.

That a shame. Hopefully he doesn’t go too far down. I’ve been involved in a few mercy killings and sure hate doing it but just feel that it’s the right thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                      That a shame. Hopefully he doesn’t go too far down. I’ve been involved in a few mercy killings and sure hate doing it but just feel that it’s the right thing to do.
                      Hes gone nocturnal so all I can do is feed him currently.
                      Hes able to lick the open wound but puts zero weight on the leg.

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
                        Hes gone nocturnal so all I can do is feed him currently.
                        Hes able to lick the open wound but puts zero weight on the leg.

They will surprise you on how tough they are

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

We hunted fri, sat, and this morning. Friday had 3 bucks at the feeder, one was maybe legal, other 2 werent. Shot a big boar before crawling out that eve. Nothing saturday, and only one lil spike this morning. I did jump up a decent sized (didnt see him real well) buck when filling another feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            They will surprise you on how tough they are

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

You see the trail cam vid of the buck missing an entire loin? Walking around like nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                              You see the trail cam vid of the buck missing an entire loin? Walking around like nothing happened.

I remember that!! Could someone share it here again as a refresher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nevermind! Found it!! Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X