Why do y’all reset feeder times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
    I’ve had this conversation with a man with a masters degree and he said the deer would show up after dark if you don’t change the clock. He wasn’t kidding either. They live amongst us vote and reproduce :-(

He likely pees sitting down as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
      Didn’t mean to ruffle any feathers and like I said now I understand. Keep in mind that some of you guys have been on this forum since dirt but us new guys take a lickin sometimes if we bring up situation that has been discussed over and over through the years. Again I do understand now. Everyone has the right to want everything to match real time. So I guess I do have to look in the mirror and consider myself lazy. But Nazi oh hell no.
      No worries..the TBH handbook was only given to a select few. For those that didn’t we will get corrected along the way.

Comment

I do simply because it makes it easier on me to know what time I have it going off when I check it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I adjust em for the day getting shorter. I run em at 7A and 7P in off-season. Move the evening to 430p mid bow season. Then bump the clock back an hour a week before gun season. Easy to remember. Works well for their movement. And aside from getting in the blind at 330pm in bow season when it’s hot it works well. I have em feed slightly in the dark for a bit and it seems to help get mature deer on a pattern then bumps them into daylight late October. Trick them fools since they don’t wear watches

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Since I don't use mine to hunt with, I use it as an alarm clock.
            For the win!

I use to have a wild game feeder that had a photocell in it. It would go off 30 minutes after daylight all year long. It was like sitting next to a ticking time bomb. You'd think it was about to go off, and just as you let your guard down....

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
              I’ve had this conversation with a man with a masters degree and he said the deer would show up after dark if you don’t change the clock. He wasn’t kidding either. They live amongst us vote and reproduce :-(
              Which he could be correct. If you were setting your feeder for sunset to go off, and leave it the same. It will be dark now ( after time change) when it goes off, if you go at the same time according to your watch.

Comment

All this changing time crap got too complicated. So I quit using timed feeders. Just road feeders.

Comment

I feed year around and hunt pigs at some feeders.
                  The days get shorter as winter approaches so I start adjusting the times (I prefer sling times at sunrise & 1.5 hrs before sunset) I make a final adjustment about a week before rifle season as the days really start to get shorter (about 2 minutes a day until the winter solstice dec 21st) and I set the clock back as well. If you set your times according to those dusk dawn times for Dec 21st then your good for the season.

But, What difference does it make what others do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So it matches my watch.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                      So it matches my watch.

It’s really that simple

Comment

Why do y’all reset feeder times?

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                        It’s really that simple

Yup…. And we’re not sitting at the feeder at 2am Sunday morning of DST to make the switch. When it happens it happens.

These guys are too so we can switch theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Yup…. And we’re not sitting at the feeder at 2am Sunday morning of DST to make the switch. When it happens it happens.

These guys are too so we can switch theirs.

Ok. You got me on this one. Obviously deer DO wear watches. But can they really tell time or is it just bling for the ladies?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                            Ok. You got me on this one. Obviously deer DO wear watches. But can they really tell time or is it just bling for the ladies?

Not much bling for that $15 Casio [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by smart View Post
                              not much bling for that $15 casio [emoji23][emoji23]
                              lol

Comment

What really wreaks havoc on the night before is auto changing phones for time but not the alarm.

I know it isn't necessary but I'll change ours today just because I can.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X