Why do y’all reset feeder times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Codie View Post
    Because I am OCD and want it correct in correlation to the clock time and camera time
    Word. Type A or somechit.

The cool kids go 7:30 / 5:30… or somechit.

Comment

Why do y’all reset feeder times?

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
      It’s still going off at the same time of day before the change. I understand a little bit about camera times but I just find it easy enough to subtract an hour off of the time.

Everybody knows this. You aren't enlightening anybody here....It gets beat into the ground every year.

It takes 5-10 seconds to change your clocks and not have any confusion. Seems lazy to me at 5-10 seconds not to change them when one can get to their lease eventually. I guess if you have one feeder subtracting works but I work with 8 feeders and its just easier to have their clocks match my watch or my phone clock. Its just seems like common sense when I live 5 hours away from most of them. No mistakes yields better success chances. We also have other member's who will ask us to change their feed times while we are there and they can't get up to the lease. With current clock times, there is no confusion on their equipment either..

Am I missing something here? Deer don’t wear watches.
      First off.....we hear that line every year.... change has nothing to do with the deer’s abilities….

And are you sure about that?....

Last edited by Smart; 11-05-2021, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Didn’t mean to ruffle any feathers and like I said now I understand. Keep in mind that some of you guys have been on this forum since dirt but us new guys take a lickin sometimes if we bring up situation that has been discussed over and over through the years. Again I do understand now. Everyone has the right to want everything to match real time. So I guess I do have to look in the mirror and consider myself lazy. But Nazi oh hell no.

Comment

Didn’t mean to ruffle any feathers and like I said now I understand. Keep in mind that some of you guys have been on this forum since dirt but us new guys take a lickin sometimes if we bring up situation that has been discussed over and over through the years. Again I do understand now. Everyone has the right to want everything to match real time. So I guess I do have to look in the mirror and consider myself lazy. But Nazi oh hell no.
          Don't worry. Those old guys ain't Happy unless they are complaining. Lol

Comment

Since I don't use mine to hunt with, I use it as an alarm clock.

Comment

Game Country eliminates all the thought process.
              Daylight and 1 hour before sundown everyday for my feeders.
              Regardless of short late winter days or 14 hours of daylight in the summer.

Comment

Because my late brother and I have OCD!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Like death and taxes......feeder nazis around DST....(facepalm emoji).

Quick answer for the 1000th time. We and many other people in this great state, change our feeder times throughout the year...yes the times the actual feeder throws. We adjust them throughout the season and year for that matter, due to the ever changing length of days. When we change them, we like to have the clocks match our watches or phones. Its much easier and less confusing than trying to be a feeder nazi and wear not changing your clocks and thinking you are being smarter than everybody else like a badge of honor. Its practical and sensible.... We changed all our clocks and feeder times on 11/1 before we left so that when we come back in a few weeks the times are perfect for hunting. The simple use of a sunrise and sunset app makes it easy to change whenever you are there. No special trips needed on the day of.
                  Somebody’s panties are in a wad…..

Comment

I don’t change mine

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Every year.

Comment

I change mine because if I didn't it would be feeding before daylight and after dark later in the year. So if I am going to change feeding time it is just as easy to change the real time

Comment

Just think. If you adjust them Sunday and never adjust them again they will be perfect 12 months from now.

Comment

Mine are set for 8:00 am and 5 pm. No need to touch them. Anybody that changes their feeder times probably has an appointment to make whoopee. Lighten up, you’ll live longer, (and it will be more fun).

Comment

I’ve always wondered why so many people will be scrambling to reset all the feeder times and camera times with the time change. Am I missing something here? Deer don’t wear watches. It’s still going off at the same time of day before the change. I understand a little bit about camera times but I just find it easy enough to subtract an hour off of the time.

What’s “scrambling” to change times exactly? Two seconds maybe, as I check my feeders every Sunday anyway. [emoji16]

Personally I don’t care. I change mine, as I do my clocks, as I like my OCD self to equal. Weird people whose watch doesn’t match their feeders.

Must be democrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Because it just ain’t that hard to do. 😂🤣

Comment

Working...
                                X