HS football playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
    Alto is a good team this year, my nephews plays for union grove and we watched that game last Friday. Alto has speed to burn at every position.
    Yeah I don’t expect Cayuga to win this one. Alto state ranked & Cayuga is 4th out of a mediocre district. I figure I’d go as my son likes to watch football & I enjoy the nachos or frito pies

Comment

Brock vs. Clyde tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
        I get what your saying for sure BUT lol, gilmer went in as the 4th seed last year with a 4-6 record, knocked off Sunnyvale first round who had a 9-0 record and then knocked off Fairfield the next week who had a 11-0 record...I say let em in and give them a chance. It's just a football game.
        Yep, we went in 3 & 4 years ago the 4seed and played 3 rounds deep both years. IT was fun because we were such the underdogs but our district was LOADED!!!!

Originally posted by coachk View Post
        I agree that 4 teams is stupid, but it's all about making everyone feel good that they made the playoffs...more times than not it puts the 4th place team in a beat-down for the bi-district round
        More times than not but with how the districts/ regions align, there are some districts where the #1 cant compete with the #5 of the opposite district.

Originally posted by Axe Man View Post
        Falls City vs. La Villa this Friday.
        GOOOOOO BEAVERS!!!!

Hallettsville vs Rice tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
          What about Carthage?

We’re in.
          Haha! Yes, I do keep up with Carthage too. And glad we’re in different divisions!

Comment

The head coach at Longview is either a 2nd or 3rd cousin of mine. His son is the QB.
            Last year when they played Westbrook at state was hard to decide who to pull for. I wanted a local team (Westbrook to win) but also wanted a relative to win too!

Comment

Originally posted by barnett77859 View Post
              its hard to believe but they take 4 team out of each district to the playoffs
              Yessir. And they split into Div I and Div II in each classification. So they are really taking 8 teams where not too many years ago they only took 2. Talk about watered down...

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                The head coach at Longview is either a 2nd or 3rd cousin of mine. His son is the QB.
                Last year when they played Westbrook at state was hard to decide who to pull for. I wanted a local team (Westbrook to win) but also wanted a relative to win too!
                Longview is legit, great players all over the field.

Comment

Graham is in, but I have feeling they won't go very deep at all this year. Hoping I am wrong obviously

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                    Teams with 3 wins are in the playoffs. That's just not right.
                    There are multiple teams with a 1-9 record that are in the playoffs. It's become a participation trophy.

Comment

Franklin plays tomorrow night. They lost their last 2 games, so I think this will be the last for the year. We play a team that is 9-1 I think, Orangefield I think it is?? Don't know anything about them, but I believe Franklin gave up after that arse kicking they got from Diboll!!!

Comment

We play tommorrow 6a roosevelt vs brennan should be some really good games this week

Comment

Trinity Trojans will be playing Friday. Although, I don’t like HS playoffs more than hunting. Looking forward to my kids getting out of HS so I have more free time

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                            Teams with 3 wins are in the playoffs. That's just not right.
                            I agree, the playoffs are too watered down

Comment

Originally posted by hunterdrake View Post
                              We are in! Pleasant Grove. 4A division 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We get to play you Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Aledo Bearcats are back, we've got Dallas Kimbell Friday night. Offense is pretty dang good this year, but the D is going to have to really step up if we are going to make a deep run.

Comment

Working...
                                X