Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-25-2021, 07:39 PM   #1
spotsanddots
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country
Default 50+ Workouts

How many of you over 50s still workout? If so, what fo yall do? Conditioning? Strength? Both? Any specific exercises?
spotsanddots is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2021, 07:43 PM   #2
tdwinklr
Ten Point

Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX

in for this.
tdwinklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2021, 07:48 PM   #3
Big pig
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Goliad and Brown Co.

62. Lots of light dumbbells.
Stretching. Push-ups
No gym nearby.
Big pig is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2021, 07:52 PM   #4
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

I walk about 30 miles a week and goto gym. I dont do anything with a straight bar other than upright rows. I do push one day, pull the next, legs- then repeat. Im 51

Best advice I got from my spine doctor. He told me to lift dumbbells and stay away from flat bars. Said it will allow some movement instead of locking into a particular position. I dont do anything that I cant lift at least for a set of 8.

Last edited by glen; 06-25-2021 at 08:07 PM.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2021, 08:23 PM   #5
Txfire409
Ten Point

Hunt In: Edwards County, anywhere drawn hunts take me

I'm 52 and just started up again recently. I do about an hour of light weights with high reps and then 30 minutes of cardio.
Txfire409 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2021, 08:25 PM   #6
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri

I'm 57vand I work out every day.
Outside work keeps me in the fresh air!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2021, 08:28 PM   #7
4BarN
Spike

56 and running 3 miles 3-4x per week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4BarN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2021, 08:55 PM   #8
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Im 57 and hit the gym on avg 5 days a week. Ive been lifting since religiously since I was 49. Ive never suffered any injuries from lifting. I mostly do super sets and rotate between medium weight 3 sets of 10 and heavy sets of 8-6-4. I do a warm up set of lifting before beginning a new exercise. Normally about 60% of my working set. I usually do one for 4-6 weeks and then switch to the other for an equal amount of time. My warm up before any day in the gym consists of 2 minutes walking @ 4 mph then I jog 2 minutes each @ 5.0, 5.4, 5.8, 6.2. I then stretch my quads for 1 minute each. I do abs 3 times per week. At the end of each gym session I stretch my lower back and both hips. This has been key for me. Any questions feel free to PM me.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2021, 09:05 PM   #9
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

I'm 54. I lift weights and do HIIT for conditioning (various exercises for this - burpees, Assault Bike, row machine, clean and jerk, etc...). I vary my lifting. Mostly I do a leg day, push day, and pull day. I'll do heavy weight/low rep stuff for strength. Then I'll switch to moderate weight/high rep stuff for hypertrophy. Sometimes I'll switch back and forth each week. Sometimes I'll stick with one for a month or so before switching to the other for the same amount of time. On conditioning days, I'll typically add some core work as well.

I workout with my son who is 24. It's getting to the point that he's stronger than me on most things now. A couple years ago, we were probably evenly matched - me stronger than him on some things and him stronger than me on about the same amount of other things and/or lifting the same weights. I'm on the slow downhill side of all that though, and he's in his prime getting stronger. Sucks to be the old guy, but I'm staying after it trying to get old as SLOOOOOOOW as I can.

I screwed up and tore my hamstring last month while my wife and I were in Turks and Caicos. We were out on a boat, and they had a water ski. I jumped in, stuck my foot in the ski, and hollered HIT IT! just like I always used to. It never occurred to me that, at age 54, I should always warm up and stretch before skiing. But guess what? I could easily still water ski, but trying it cold without warming up is a surefire way to pull a muscle.

I'm still nursing that one. It's gonna take a while to fully heal. Meanwhile, I'm having to limit what I do in the gym that hits my hamstring. Still doing exercises to rehab. Just not going heavy and hard. Trying to be smart.

Last edited by Shane; 06-25-2021 at 09:09 PM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2021, 09:07 PM   #10
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

I’m 64. For several decades I’ve been going to the gym every morning before heading to the office. I try to do half cardio half strength training. I can’t run anymore due to one leg that doesn’t cooperate so right now I alternate between swimming and weights. The strength training is very basic - just trying to keep functional strength with emphasis on keeping my core and back strong. Avoiding back problems is a top priority. I cycle on the weekends. I have varying degrees of motivation/effort from one day to the next but I figure a half-*** workout is better than nothing. Some days I feel good and hit it hard, other days I just get through the best I can

Last edited by jerp; 06-25-2021 at 09:11 PM.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2021, 09:19 PM   #11
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Full body for me 5 days a week.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2021, 09:23 PM   #12
Box-R
Four Point

Y'all are inspiring !
Box-R is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2021, 09:26 PM   #13
spotsanddots
Ten Point

I made me a bar out of pvc pipe. Filled with sand and rebar. Weighs about 40lbs. Not very heavy, but do sets of high reps. Alternate an upper body exercise with a lower body. Only do about six exercises. Sorta like Jerp said. Trying to keep "functional" strength. 59 years old. I'd like to just be able to do "life" skills as best i can.
Old 06-25-2021, 10:01 PM   #14
rtp
Pope & Young

Agreed.....my goal is to carry as much muscle mass into my 70s and 80s as possible while trying to avoid injury. I believe muscle mass will help keep arthritis and painful joints away. I feel like the stretching is as big a part of my workout as any and I absolutely will not leave without doing it. I may skip something here or there if Im not feeling it but it wont ever be the stretching. The days of a beach body are long gone lol.

Last edited by rtp; 06-25-2021 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-25-2021, 10:04 PM   #15
ken800
Eight Point

Hunt In: Lampasas

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotsanddots View Post
How many of you over 50s still workout? If so, what fo yall do? Conditioning? Strength? Both? Any specific exercises?
Just a little over 50. My body can't take the abuse that it did when I was younger but that doesn't mean I stop trying, lol. I reduce the weight amount and do repetitions. I have a home gym with several stations. I rotate through each station 3 times and use enough weight that 30 reps starts to burn a bit toward the end of the first set. Every station, therefore, gets 90 reps total in a round-robin fashion. I don't stop and it gets my heart rate up which is also my goal. It takes me about 20 minutes to make it through the workout.

Additionally I trail run here and there for a couple of miles to get into the orange zone.

Other than that, I work pretty hard on the property and eat fairly well. All of this has kept me in the normal bands on my blood work each year so no issues with cholesterol or blood pressure, etc. I maintain about 6' 180lb this way.
ken800 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2021, 10:07 PM   #16
rtp
Pope & Young

Question for others if the OP doesnt mind......do yall find the lower weight but high reps cause you any problems like tendonitis?
Old 06-25-2021, 10:14 PM   #17
glen
Pope & Young

RTP- I vary my weights and lift to fatigue. I actually grab different weights every time to the gym. It has increased my strength and endurance. If it hurts i dont do it
Old 06-25-2021, 10:21 PM   #18
spotsanddots
Ten Point

I guess I haven't done it enough yet to cause tendinitis. I only do the light weight and high reps because i don't access to heavier stuff. Just sorta figured at my age I didn't need heavier weights and low reps. I shoot for at least 3 times a week if i can. Sorta like mentioned above, i sorta figured thats better than nothing. What specific exercises do some of yall do?
Old 06-25-2021, 10:26 PM   #19
pure lefty
Ten Point

Hunt In: Leon County and wherever

Age 64, dumbbell workout each morning and stretch
pure lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2021, 10:32 PM   #20
Big pig
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Goliad and Brown Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
Question for others if the OP doesnt mind......do yall find the lower weight but high reps cause you any problems like tendonitis?
Nope. But I am not working out each muscle or same exercise every day. Alsoni try and alter my exercises. I spend at least 1/2 day on the ranch doing whatever needs doing. Mostly just sweating, but lots of chainsaw due to freeze and wind storms. Lost about 10 lbs since I retired in Jan. Never felt better

I have been in the gym consistently for 40 years. Gave up running years ago.
Blessed to have no back, hip or knee problems.
Big pig is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 01:16 AM   #21
whakm
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma, we'll see how this goes
Smile

Most important is to mix it up.
In my younger days i thought heavy weights/ lower reps were it( did body building competitions). Now, i lift 4-5 days a week and keep all sets in the 15-25 rep range. You can do a total body workout( i call it my 5 by 5). I do squats, t-bar row,20 degree dumbell bench,deadlift and seated dumbell press. No rest between exercises and no more than a minute between rounds. Keep reps around 15-20 for 5 rounds.(start slow. Start with 2-3 rounds if you want) Do some core exercises afterwards or 1-2 quick tabatas on the assualt bike afterwards( i can only keep this up for 2-3 weeks). Or I'll do two body parts per day( M,W,F) and on tues/Thursday do some core and cardio. Or do 1 body part per day with a little core and cardio at the end of each workout. Just mix it up to keep your body guessing. I'd say,most importantly, forget heavy weights. Your joints will thank you.BUT dont equate light weights with light intensity. Use strict form( your muscle doesnt know the difference between 30 or 300 lbs if you use syrict,slow movements), dont lock out on movements ( keep the tension on the muscles not the joints) and push yourself ( go to failure) and you will see results. Oh, but dont over do it, go slow.
Once i hit 50( turn 60 next month) i realized that what and ESPECIALLY how much i ate makes a bigger difference in my over all health than what exercises i choose. Good luck and have fun.
whakm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 07:06 AM   #22
Smokeater
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tree

Seems like so many guys I work with end up hurt pushin all that weight around. Torn/pulled muscles etc. Heck with that! I stay outta the weight room. They whine about pulled muscles.......not me, can't pull fat!
Smokeater is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 07:13 AM   #23
Ksig512
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over this great state

Yoga will keep you flexible, plus you get your heart rate up looking at the yoga pants near by.
Ksig512 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 07:16 AM   #24
∆theling
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I'm 54. I lift weights and do HIIT for conditioning (various exercises for this - burpees, Assault Bike, row machine, clean and jerk, etc...). I vary my lifting. Mostly I do a leg day, push day, and pull day. I'll do heavy weight/low rep stuff for strength. Then I'll switch to moderate weight/high rep stuff for hypertrophy. Sometimes I'll switch back and forth each week. Sometimes I'll stick with one for a month or so before switching to the other for the same amount of time. On conditioning days, I'll typically add some core work as well.

I workout with my son who is 24. It's getting to the point that he's stronger than me on most things now. A couple years ago, we were probably evenly matched - me stronger than him on some things and him stronger than me on about the same amount of other things and/or lifting the same weights. I'm on the slow downhill side of all that though, and he's in his prime getting stronger. Sucks to be the old guy, but I'm staying after it trying to get old as SLOOOOOOOW as I can.

I screwed up and tore my hamstring last month while my wife and I were in Turks and Caicos. We were out on a boat, and they had a water ski. I jumped in, stuck my foot in the ski, and hollered HIT IT! just like I always used to. It never occurred to me that, at age 54, I should always warm up and stretch before skiing. But guess what? I could easily still water ski, but trying it cold without warming up is a surefire way to pull a muscle.

I'm still nursing that one. It's gonna take a while to fully heal. Meanwhile, I'm having to limit what I do in the gym that hits my hamstring. Still doing exercises to rehab. Just not going heavy and hard. Trying to be smart.
Sounds like you do similar workouts to what I do. Ive been lifting since HS with only maybe a few years off due to light injury or other circumstance. Is this something you have done most if your life and are still doing it or did you begin later on? Im hoping that if I continue on like I have since HS it will be easier to continue on into my 80s in some fashion. I hope to lift on my dying day honestly though I know eventually the weight will have to drop off at some point. Currently 42 and can still lift and HIIT calisthenics like I was 18. I have achilles tendonitis from an injury a few years ago so need to work on that. Working out is therapy I cant live without. Encouraging to see this thread.
∆theling is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 07:18 AM   #25
∆theling
Pope & Young

Awesome thread gents.
Old 06-26-2021, 07:29 AM   #26
Pernell
Ten Point

Hunt In: N.M., East Texas, South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
Full body for me 5 days a week.

You old stud.
Pernell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 07:39 AM   #27
∆theling
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by whakm View Post
Most important is to mix it up.
In my younger days i thought heavy weights/ lower reps were it( did body building competitions). Now, i lift 4-5 days a week and keep all sets in the 15-25 rep range. You can do a total body workout( i call it my 5 by 5). I do squats, t-bar row,20 degree dumbell bench,deadlift and seated dumbell press. No rest between exercises and no more than a minute between rounds. Keep reps around 15-20 for 5 rounds.(start slow. Start with 2-3 rounds if you want) Do some core exercises afterwards or 1-2 quick tabatas on the assualt bike afterwards( i can only keep this up for 2-3 weeks). Or I'll do two body parts per day( M,W,F) and on tues/Thursday do some core and cardio. Or do 1 body part per day with a little core and cardio at the end of each workout. Just mix it up to keep your body guessing. I'd say,most importantly, forget heavy weights. Your joints will thank you.BUT dont equate light weights with light intensity. Use strict form( your muscle doesnt know the difference between 30 or 300 lbs if you use syrict,slow movements), dont lock out on movements ( keep the tension on the muscles not the joints) and push yourself ( go to failure) and you will see results. Oh, but dont over do it, go slow.
Once i hit 50( turn 60 next month) i realized that what and ESPECIALLY how much i ate makes a bigger difference in my over all health than what exercises i choose. Good luck and have fun.
Awesome
Old 06-26-2021, 07:42 AM   #28
James
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Look into Orange Theory Fitness
James is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 07:51 AM   #29
rjtkdplus
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Everywhere I can

55 here. Iíve owned a martial arts school since 1992. Became a NASM certified personal trainer 15 years ago. Did Taekwondo training 3-4 times per week until I started Jiujitsu in 2008. Now I train in Brazilian Jiujitsu 3-4 times per week for a total of 6-8 hours. BJJ has provided the best core strength training results for me. Added bonus, I get to choke someone every day. One negative, I get choked every day. The Yin and the Yang is real.
rjtkdplus is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 07:56 AM   #30
Johnny44
Ten Point

Hunt In: https://miamoo.org/

Here is a good start for folk that you can just do or build on. Its a way to get going without burning yourself out.

Last edited by Johnny44; 06-26-2021 at 07:58 AM.
Johnny44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 09:00 AM   #31
BarBBar
Six Point

Hunt In: Burnet

For those eligible for Medicare, if you have a Medicare Advantage plan, Silver Sneakers might make you eligible for a free gym membership. At 68, I am on Medicare, and my plan provides me with a free gym membership at my local gym which is open 24-7 with a key fob that lets me in anytime I want. I got arthritis in my knee from too much tennis and walking, and my back went out, so I am slowly working back up to where I was with an hour treadmill then sit ups, leg lifts, bench presses and pull downs.
BarBBar is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 10:28 AM   #32
TA_Fab
Eight Point

My did is around 65 and still getting it! Weights, running etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TA_Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 10:36 AM   #33
Johnny44
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarBBar View Post
For those eligible for Medicare, if you have a Medicare Advantage plan, Silver Sneakers might make you eligible for a free gym membership. At 68, I am on Medicare, and my plan provides me with a free gym membership at my local gym which is open 24-7 with a key fob that lets me in anytime I want. I got arthritis in my knee from too much tennis and walking, and my back went out, so I am slowly working back up to where I was with an hour treadmill then sit ups, leg lifts, bench presses and pull downs.
Unless you are retired military, Tricare as a secondary says ďuse the gym on baseĒ
Old 06-26-2021, 11:12 AM   #34
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆theling View Post
Sounds like you do similar workouts to what I do. Ive been lifting since HS with only maybe a few years off due to light injury or other circumstance. Is this something you have done most if your life and are still doing it or did you begin later on? Im hoping that if I continue on like I have since HS it will be easier to continue on into my 80s in some fashion. I hope to lift on my dying day honestly though I know eventually the weight will have to drop off at some point. Currently 42 and can still lift and HIIT calisthenics like I was 18. I have achilles tendonitis from an injury a few years ago so need to work on that. Working out is therapy I cant live without. Encouraging to see this thread.
I've always lifted and exercised. I've slacked for a while a few times here and there. I try real hard to miss more than a week nowadays. It's a lot harder to start over than it used to be.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 11:23 AM   #35
Geraldg6
Ten Point

Hunt In: Snook, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Look into Orange Theory Fitness

This.

Iím 33 and really enjoy orange theory. Started a year ago. Ive done it all except boxing/martial arts/fighting workouts.

I was a golds gym faithful from 2007 to 2012. Then got into CrossFit from 2012 to 2015. CrossFit will get you in shape but you have to remember that there are a lot of high risk movements that have the potential to really hurt you.

From 2016 to 2020 I kind of took a hiatus from working out on a structured schedule because I put all my energy towards building my practice. My wife started orange theory in 2018 and got into her personal best shape. I knew orange theory was the real deal when my wife smoked me on a hike to Arthurís Seat in Scotland.

Joined orange theory last summer and I can honestly say I am in the best shape Iíve ever been in. Also didnít have to beat my body **** with heavy heavy weights to do so. Iím faster, have more endurance, and more agile. I do miss lifting in the gym from time to time but I like that I can workout in an hour and be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Geraldg6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 11:47 AM   #36
Johnny44
Ten Point

I heard some advice years ago, “pick out an old guy that represents where you’d like to be physically and ask them what to do. Any young pup can give advice because they are young and immortal, its sustaining it for life that is important”.

The old guy’s name was Richard Marcinko and when I watched him do what he do in December of 1989 at his age, I followed SOME of his plan.

Exercise to live life and don’t give yourself setbacks.

So, if you are 19-40 years old, you should have strength, endurance, and be in good shape…Thats youth, enjoy it. Old guys should not take fitness advice from pups & kittens.

Even better advice is from old guys that have been severely knocked down by life but get back up and persist.

Last edited by Johnny44; 06-26-2021 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-26-2021, 11:54 AM   #37
sharkhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: In the woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotsanddots View Post
I do the same thing I have always done I’m 56. We moved into a new house and kind of got away from it but will be starting back next month when our local gym opens. 3 days a week I do 5 miles (walk, run , crawl). 3 days a week I hit the Gym for strength training. On my gym days I do 2 to 3 miles. This along with eating clean and lots of water and you would be amazed at the gains you’ll make and weight you’ll lose in 6 months. I rest on the 7th day.

After you hit your weight goal you can do the 3 days in the gym and 2 to 3 miles after to maintain. I don’t run that much as my knees take a beating so I walk about half .

Last edited by sharkhunter; 06-26-2021 at 11:58 AM.
sharkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 12:23 PM   #38
∆theling
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I've always lifted and exercised. I've slacked for a while a few times here and there. I try real hard to miss more than a week nowadays. It's a lot harder to start over than it used to be.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Cool. I feel like dog **** if I dont work out. Canít imagine being in a position where I cant. Even if all I can rock is a pair of 10 pound dumbbells and a mile walk when Im in my 80s Ill be happy. If I make it of course.
Old 06-26-2021, 12:32 PM   #39
txchuck
Six Point

71 in August. I set up a cable system in my car port so I can do many exercises 1 arm or 2, Including multi muscle exercises that include core. Push ups and sit ups. Cycled 20 miles on the back roads of Grayson County yesterday.
txchuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 12:32 PM   #40
riverbowman
Ten Point

Interval sprints on treadmill two or three times a week (sprint being a relative term).
Jiu Jitsu or striking 3 days a week.
Usually some body weight exercises or regular weights on the days I do treadmill. I always have at least one day completely off and sometimes take an entire week off.
riverbowman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 01:27 PM   #41
GARY
Administrator

Hunt In: Lavaca, Alberta and where ever Aironeout takes me!

55 and work out consistently 4-5 times per week (tend to take off weekends as travel to farm).

2-3 days weights after 30 minutes of cardio to warm up
2-3 days of yoga (alternate from lift and cardio days).

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GARY is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 01:37 PM   #42
glen
Pope & Young

Gary- how did you get a yoga routine. I want to start because it has many balance and core benefits but dont know where to start honestly
Old 06-26-2021, 02:02 PM   #43
Randy Madden
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Check out Funk Roberts on YouTube. Tons of workouts for men over 40. Follow along style that will kick your butt and you won’t get bored. They work!! I am 45with zero metabolism and I’ve lost over 20 pounds in the last three months
I know I know I’m not 50 yet but it’s coming up fast!
Randy Madden is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 03:19 PM   #44
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerrville

Do about 6-7 miles per week on tread mill then lift weights three times per week.
Hogmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 03:34 PM   #45
GARY
Administrator

Hunt In: Lavaca, Alberta and where ever Aironeout takes me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Gary- how did you get a yoga routine. I want to start because it has many balance and core benefits but dont know where to start honestly

Glen - I reluctantly started yoga after blowing my back out following surgery 10 years prior. Physical Therapist, Neuro surgeon, Acupunturist and personal doctor all advised I try it to strengthen core and base.

Living in Richmond, Texas we had a yoga studio close by ran by a friend (our boys played baseball together). Feeling no pressure (or less pressure) I felt comfortable joining a beginners class, series of 10 classes to teach the basics. By the time I had completed the 10 classes, I signed up for even more as I felt benefits almost immediatly. Relocated to Calgary again and found another class, then same in BC. Back in Sugar Land and my yoga studio is now my gym (Life time fitness). Benefits I have felt are much broader than core strength and flexibility
1) De stresser
2) Taught me how to breathe properly leading to
3) Better sleep
4) Removed leg phantom pains I continued to experience post back surgery that were neuro related
5) etc...

Life changer for me to be frank, changing quality of life.

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GARY is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 05:06 PM   #46
Hornfan
Eight Point

Hunt In: Wise, Jack and Collin

Love working out at home. Check out Sydney Cummings on YouTube. She posts a new workout every day at 5am. Great mix of HIIT, strength, cardio, etc. I do it 5-6 days per week. Her workouts are no joke.
Hornfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 06:28 PM   #47
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell View Post
You old stud.
Well course

Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 06:53 PM   #48
kcmarullo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Tx, Oklahoma

Im 57 and throw 50 lb feed sacks weekly.
kcmarullo is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 08:23 PM   #49
sandbill
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montague County

I got back into a consistent lifting routine a year and a half ago, at a local PF gym. Three months in, all gyms shut down, so I got a set of adjustable dumbbells and a bench. Just recently starting going back to the gym, since it’s so dang hot on the back porch these days. I do pretty heavy lifting of a major muscle group each day, with a combo of free weights and machines. I do some stationary bike or elliptical work each day. As many of y’all do, I really need to stretch regularly, which I have not been doing. I’m 63, pretty strong, and injury free , thankfully.

Last edited by sandbill; 06-26-2021 at 08:25 PM.
sandbill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-26-2021, 08:40 PM   #50
DJM
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills Co,Coryell Co,Lampasas Co

I turned 55 in April.Started doing Crossfit in February. It's a structured class like workout.I go 3-4 times a week.I really like it because it's something different everyday.

DJ
DJM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top