Asf smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asf smokers

Anybody have one of the ASF 3/16 smokers? Looking at buying one as I just don't have the time to build one right now. How do you like it and what are the Pros and Cons only looked at 2 of them and one was the thinner 12ga versions.

Just looking for something for a backporch stick burner smoker. Ive looked at Lyfetyme as well. And they are great as well just feel like you get a little more for your money with the ASF. But i did notice the LYFETYME is 1/4 just not many up in my area to go look at or buy one.
    Last edited by dclifton; 06-21-2021, 09:25 AM.

In that budget range, I'd opt for the old country 1/4" pit.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
      In that budget range, I'd opt for the old country 1/4" pit.
      This. I have the OC Brazos, 1/4" steel, decent sized, and fairly efficient with the wood. I just did 2 briskets and a pork butt on Saturday, and they came out great. Highly recommend. Plus, at $1000 at Academy, its a good price. Was looking at a Mill Scale or something similar, but couldn't justify the HUGE price difference.

Comment

I have the OC Pecos and it does great, however it doesn't get used as much since I got Pitt Boss pellet smoker.

Comment

Great pits, I jumped in deep end and bought a 24" series lone star. I will say, I'm never going back!

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
          This. I have the OC Brazos, 1/4" steel, decent sized, and fairly efficient with the wood. I just did 2 briskets and a pork butt on Saturday, and they came out great. Highly recommend. Plus, at $1000 at Academy, its a good price. Was looking at a Mill Scale or something similar, but couldn't justify the HUGE price difference.

Comment

Have the LyfeTime and no complaints. Works better than I can for sure.

Comment

We have an ASF and it's done us well.

Comment

I have the 48”x20” with firebox. I like it and it cooks great. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy the same pit again.

Comment

Let me tell ya what I am an avid cooker and have had Lyfe Tyme, Texas Pits, and home made rigs. I got this ASF about 4 years ago and I absolutely love it. I cook on it at a minimum once a week sometimes more. Keep your fire box oiled up and it will last a long time.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqYzVMOIMxs"]48 x 20 with Firebox & Smoker - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Shoot me a PM and we can get you on the schedule for a custom Cannon Pit.
                    Attached Files

Comment

In. I’ve been looking at the ASF and the OC as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X