I never say I wish it'd stop raining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I won't be offended if it did. 4" last night alone. I've lost 4 big post oaks and I haven't even finished cleaning up from the freeze. Lots of great fire/BBQ wood available if anyone needs some.

I had over 22 inches of rain in May . I have 2 big live oaks on the ground . Both fell over from the ground being so saturated. I’m sure I have more in the pasture down .

Comment

It’s been raining like this in my neck of the woods since before Harvey. I’ve been cussing the rain for 6-7 years now. Maybe I need to start wishing for it to bring on a drought. Lol. The never cuss the rain thing comes from city slickers in the DFW/Austin area who worry about keeping their yard green.
      Last edited by panhandlehunter; 06-01-2021, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        The never cuss the rain thing comes from city slickers in the DFW/Austin area who worry about keeping their yard green.
        I don't agree. It comes from us who have to go months on end waiting for rain. The year after the drought I went 118 days without a drop in the summer.

Comment

Cotton pays my bills, we live in a desert and pray for rain every night. We have had over 22 inches in May, We need to be more specific in praying I guess. This has gotta stop or we are going to lose a crop.

Comment

It’s been raining like this in my neck of the woods since before Harvey. I’ve been cussing the rain for 6-7 years now. Maybe I need to start wishing for it to bring on a drought. Lol. The never cuss the rain thing comes from city slickers in the DFW/Austin area who worry about keeping their yard green.

Don’t put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

May have had one before, but I sure can't remember it....wished it's stop raining on June 1.

Comment

A tidbit over 21" in May over on the west side of Copano Bay. Shoot 10 1/2" of that was in 3 hours one nite. June started off with a bang today with 1.8" and another 4"-5" predicted through this coming Saturday. I got in home this afternoon and the chickens were wading Danged near knee deep in the back yard. Even the next batch of little skeeter are having to learn to swim before they can fly and do their thing. Just saying.......cC

Comment

Sure is a tough one. Why do we have to get the rain all at once?

I am ready for it to pull back a bit.

Comment

[QUOTE=panhandlehunter;15644048The never cuss the rain thing comes from city slickers in the DFW/Austin area who worry about keeping their yard green.[/QUOTE]

That's pure horse****.... there has been plenty of Houstonites through the years rail on us DFW folks for wishing the rain to stop when we were getting it like y'all have recently several years back. "Yall don't cuss the rain because you never know when it will be back" was their battle cry.... Large number of farmer and rancher types as well as other property owners in that mix as well.

Besides most of the true city slickers have irrigation systems. Send it all west is what I say. My deer lease could use all they want to drop. Right now at home, I don't need my feet to dig a hole with a shovel. Just press down on the handle and it buries to the blade.....
                    Last edited by Smart; 06-01-2021, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Bull**** It comes from those who have experienced a lot more drought in their lives than flood. If you really hunted in the panhandle that much, you’d know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Once the lakes in your area are all full and going over the spillway, I don’t see how more rain does any good, it only can potentially do damage. The ground and the aquifers can only hold so much - the rest just makes its way to the gulf. It would be nice to save a few inches for July/august but ol’ Ma Nature doesn’t seem to be too concerned about our plans

Comment

I would just like a chance to get some work at our farm and on our lease done.

Comment

I’ve witnessed both flood and drought. Flood hurts a man, drought ruins him. City slicker has no understanding of either.
                            Last edited by Benno; 06-01-2021, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Itll dry up soon enough.

Spread that **** around Ma!

Comment

Working...
                              X